TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parents

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought about it but i guess I'm pretty lucky. My parents, no matter how much we snip at each other, are pretty cool I guess.

My mom: My mom is the crazy one of the family (next to me). Shes the one that said i could get a tattoo last summer, and also let me go bungee jumping and scad diving. But our personalities are polar opposites so we get in a lot of little fights just because were annoyed. Shes loud, obnoxious crazy and can't sit still for more then 5 minuets at a time. I'm quiet, fairly calm, and well crazy as well, but don't show it as much.

My dad: My dad is cool too, but hes more of the enforcer in the family. Hes the one that stopped me from getting the tattoo last summer (I'm still decided if thats a good thing or not ). My dad is one of the nicest and funniest (AKA sarcastic) people i know, which is directly from his dad (my grandpa who passed away before i ever met him).

Mom and Dad: Overall I have no real complaints about my parents. Other then the minor annoyances which i think almost everyone has, they're great parents. I love them to death.

Dad: Really nice and never yells. Lots of times he is immature but fun to be around with. Very busy also. He works for the goverment and used to be in the military. On fridays and saturday nights he works at Dominos (delivery) for a past time for extra $.

Mom: Sometimes annoying but very caring. Another busy one who works at a bank. She works almost everyday except sunday and tuesdays.

I can't do that either.

Once i did jump out the window and I ran away. I slept behind a shop but the next morning my dad was standing by me and took me back home. Then he fitted bars onto my window.

Firstly, I have to say, I find it a *little* strange that more than half of your posts on the forum are in this thread, and reveal a LOT of personal stuff about your family, yet you haven't been around that long (not that it's a problem whether you're new or whether you've been here from day one, just seems a little odd that you would share so much of this stuff with people you barely know at all yet)...

Secondly, I'm not sure how Robb and Elissa and the other mods feel about this, but I for one am more than a little uncomfortable with this kind of detailed discussion about what is basically child abuse on the public forums. I don't want to sound harsh, but I do think perhaps this is something you should talk to an authority figure about, a teacher at college or whatever, the police, Childline, your friends' parents, a trusted relative... Just SOMEBODY who can actually help you. The fact that you tell us all this, and tell us what you say your dad does to you when you try and escape or talk to people about, yet you still happily post a picture of him and your mum on the internet... If he treats you so horrible, I can't even imagine how he'd react if he saw this thread.

Seriously, get help, and get out. You're 17 years old, if you actually REPORT this, you will easily get out of this situation. If everything you say is true, then I'm sorry you're treated the way you are, but it's not like you're a defenseless ten-year-old who has no clue what to do to try and make their life better, you CAN get away from this, so please do so.

As I say, I don't mean to come across as heartless or anything (believe me, I'm really not, my Dad is hardly a picnic to live with), but I just don't think it's appropriate to be posting so much about all of this.

I can't do that either.

Once i did jump out the window and I ran away. I slept behind a shop but the next morning my dad was standing by me and took me back home. Then he fitted bars onto my window.

Seriously, get help, and get out. You're 17 years old, if you actually REPORT this, you will easily get out of this situation. If everything you say is true, then I'm sorry you're treated the way you are, but it's not like you're a defenseless ten-year-old who has no clue what to do to try and make their life better, you CAN get away from this, so please do so.

Wise words. Follow them. If you get to the police and report it the next time you'll see him, HE'LL be behind the bars, and you can live a life without anyone wrongly "disciplining"(which is the opposite of what you say he's doing) you. Get a girlfriend, go on a date that's nowhere near him.