TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parents

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to hear how peoples parents relate to the coaster hobby. Back in the day (well 7 or so years ago) when I first got into the hobby, my dad did as well to a degree. Never as much as I did, but I brought him along on a few media days and he enjoyed it. He'd also post on RRC (does anybody even use RRC anymore?) every so often.

Lets just leave it at

my family's probably one of the top 10 most dysfunctional families in the world.

'nuff said

With mine rounding out the top 5.

And mine rounding in the the the number 1 spot. I mean come on,does anyone elses parents use the belt?

Lets just leave it at

my family's probably one of the top 10 most dysfunctional families in the world.

'nuff said

And mine rounding in the the the number 1 spot. I mean come on,does anyone elses parents use the belt?

My mother's step mother, and she used to use the buckle... Not that she hit ME with it, I never even met her.

Mom: Nice but sometimes a bit over protective, and freaks out pretty easily, but she can be laid back, like on weekends I'll be up at 3:00 am and she'll come by and say "I'm going to bed, be quiet so you don't wake your dad up." But she doesn't really like rollercoasters, but she'll go on some, the thing she hates the most is " A bunch of twisty, upside-down stuff." So she can go on hyper coasters and only sh!t herself because of the heights, not literally though.

Dad: Again a small bit over protective, but then again it is a "Been there, done that" type of over protective, trust me, he did stuff that made Bam Margera look like a little girl jumping rope when he was my age, except not to his family. i.e. jumping off the edge of a 60-70 foot deep sand pit, sliding another 40-50 ft and getting buried up to his waist in sand. or Climbing up to the top of a 60ft high tree grabbing the top (which was about 6 inches in diameter) putting his foot on a branch and leaning over to see how far he could bend the trunk without breaking it. Ooff...

Overall, I love them!

Mom: Bottom line shes sooooo b*itchy and she complains too much. She's way too overprotective. She is so childish also. I would ask for permission to go to the movies or something with my BF and she would say something like "Oh well isn't the theater for straight couples, like guy and girl?" Shes so childish like that, so we NEVER get along. It is so rare when we get along even for 5 min. OVERALL: I f*cking hate her.

Dad: I don't think he knows im gay so he never really says anything rude. He can be an asshole sometimes and when i do something wrong he keeps nagging and nagging about what I did. Hes so retarded. OVERALL: He's ok but I hate him sometimes.

Lets just leave it at

'nuff said

My mother's step mother, and she used to use the buckle... Not that she hit ME with it, I never even met her.

My dads hit me with the buckle a few times, once round my face wich has left a scar. He hits me with anything really, once he hit me with a dvd player and another time he hit me with a perfume bottle.

Mum: My mum is really really nice to me. She gives me praise for good work at school and everytime I want to but or do something she will tell me her idea and shes usually right. She really does care for me and very occasionally she spoils me.

Dad: The same as my mum but he doesn't discipline me or anything. Sometimes we get into fights but I usually say sorry afterwards because I just cannot stand the guilt! He is really funny and sometimes can be so racist, so much so that it gets the whole family going "OH MY GOD DAD! I CANNOT BELIVE YOU JUST SAID THAT!"(Laughing of course)

Sister: Shes already been drunk twice lol. She always goes out to see her mates. I always enjoy annoying her. I will give you an example:

I get bored, I go upstairs, music is playing, I go into my sisters room, I randomly start dancing to the hardcore dance sh!t she listens to and start shouting "YEAH, HAAAAAAAAARRRRRRDDDDDDCOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEE!" Then I start reading out her MSN conversations, Then it REALLY pisses her off!

But also, we get on like a house on fire. We have the same sense of humour but I just like winding her up a bit that is all. One time I annoyed her so much that she ther an Argos catalog at me and It hurt like hell!

So thats about is basically

Dad: ... He is really funny and sometimes can be so racist, so much so that it gets the whole family going "OH MY GOD DAD! I CANNOT BELIVE YOU JUST SAID THAT!"(Laughing of course)

Because racism is funny, kids!

My Mum is great, she lets me do anything really, especially when it comes to parks (like I'm going to Madrid in a few weeks without any adults, and she was totally fine with it), so that really makes things easier.

My Dad is a bit of a gorb, and he's really biased towards my sister, which is the most irritating thing in the World. He's also the stingiest person in the World, earning a LOT but gives his children nothing. He's quite controlling and wouldn't let me go off on trips unsupervised, but luckily, my parents divorced so he doesn't get to make that decision. He's also most possibly the dullest person on the surface of the World.

I'm glad they divorced though. They're very different people. My Mum is a young 42 year old who still has the same outlook she would have had at about 25 and my Dad is a 53 year old fart. How they actually got together at all is beyond me!

errrrrrrr duh it doesn't take a genius to realise that

I tell you if my dad knew i was tellin you lot this he'd kill me.

Geez, he sounds like an alcoholic.... All it takes for you is to tell the proper authorities that hes been beating you. When you were in the hospital, why didn't you tell anyone he did it?