TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pirates Vs. Shrek 3 Vs. Other Blockbusters

Which one do you think will be the biggest of them all?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will be the biggest of them all?

• Spider-Man 3
    • Shrek the Third
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

So what do you think about these 3s? What's your opinion? How do you think they will do? What's do you like and dislike?

News

Spider-Man 3 has just broken a record for the opening day with prediction of US$59 million beating the previous record holder, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiderman 3 by far, then again, I usually prefer superhero movies.

POTC is another film I am looking forward to, hopefully this one will be action packed.

Lastly, I have a rant about Shrek movies, how many movies does this series need? One was great, two was alright, but now we have three? Then Dreamworks recently announced that there will be five Shreks!? Dios mio, Shrek is being milked more than a lactating cow!

Lastly, I have a rant about Shrek movies, how many movies does this series need? One was great, two was alright, but now we have three? Then Dreamworks recently announced that there will be five Shreks!? Dios mio, Shrek is being milked more than a lactating cow!

You know, I can agree with you on that. But then again..Dreamworks does such an AMAZING job at animating Shrek. It really gives for a good movie experience.

Although, to me, the humor can tend to be "immature" so to speak. But their target audience isn't really teenagers. But when watching the trailer at Spider Man 3, people were laughing. Shrek still seems to deliver laughs to many people, and as long as it continues to do so, by all means, keep making them!

-Ryan

I think Spider-Man 3 will be the biggest since they have been promoting the movie as "the most expensive movie ever made" making people curious. And critics don't prevent them from watching it.

BIG NEWS!

Spider-Man has just broken a record for biggest opening weekend ever. The prediction is $148 million, leaving Pirates 2 by about $13 million. It also broke record for biggest theater average for wide release.

Not only there, Spider-Man 3 also broke record for international release with $227 million beating the previous record by The Da Vinci Code which was $155 million. With all of these records, there will be no more doubt that this movie will easily pass 1 billion mark and maybe passing Pirates 2.

The question is, will Pirates 3 be able to beat these records? Only time will tell. Sit back and just chill. We'll wait for the result very soon.

I'm going to say Pirates. They broke Spidey's record before, and this is reportedly the last one, unlike Spidey.

By the way, has anyone else seen Spiderman 3 yet? I think it was just alright. Spiderman 2 was by far tops in my book. I do think they tried to cram way too much storyline into the 3rd one. Don't get me wrong, I actually like storyline to go with action scenes, but this was a little bit of overkill. I also didn't like how Peter Parker went Emo when he put on the black suit.

I voted for Spiderman 3 because I think it will do great! I do not think that Shrek will have as big of a crowd as Spiderman, and I dont really know what Pirates of the Caribbean is. SO yeah... I went with spiderman 3!! Plus Spiderman is hot

~Matthew

How the hell do you not know what Pirates of the Caribbean is????

Unfortunately, Spider-Man 3's ticket sales slowed down during the weekdays, made the film being left behind by the last record holder, Pirates 2 by more than 15 million dollars.

Now can Spidey 3 makes a hitback during the weekend? Or will it go down drastically because of 28 Weeks Later?

I voted for Spiderman 3 because I think it will do great! I do not think that Shrek will have as big of a crowd as Spiderman, and I dont really know what Pirates of the Caribbean is. SO yeah... I went with spiderman 3!! Plus Spiderman is hot

~Matthew

Do you stay in your house and not watch TV, or even have any devise that connects you to the outside world, it is and has been everywhere ever since the first one.(Sorry if I sound a little mean)

I think Shrek 3 will receive the worst reviews only because I believe the series is becoming old. But that's just me. I like most other Dreamworks movies, but Shrek has never really made me laugh.

However, I think Pirates will bring in the most money, just because of the success of the last movie.

I've heard mixed reviews of Spiderman 3 so I'm not really sure what to say there.

It seemed blockbuster tradition also strike the Spider-Man 3. Spider-Man 3 decreased by more than 60% to about $58 million in USA. Overseas, Spider-Man 3 also tumbles 62% into a "still-whopping" $85.4 million. The total box office for the movie right now worldwide is $621.7 million, a very excellent achievement in 2 weeks.

With Shrek 3 coming next weekend what will happen to Spider-Man 3? Will it decreased even more drastically or stay still fighting with Shrek 3?

28 Weeks Later debuted with an estimated $10 million. Not as impressive as the predecessor, 28 Days Later, which opened at the same amount at the half amount of the theater.

All infos are taken from www.boxofficemojo.com

While Shrek 3 gets more attention this wekeend, the critics mostly said that the movie has lost its magic from the 2 orevious movies which can be disappointing for its fans.

How about Pirates of the Caribbean 3? Most critics said, this movie is absolutely better than the second one, but unfortunately, it lacks of humor like the preious 2 movies. Will it be as success as the second one or flopped?

^^^^Spiderman will have recieved the worst reviews in the end. I don't know how any other movie can possible be worse. I mean, did anyone actually READ the script before making it? I want those hours of my life back.

Shrek will get mediocre reviews. It's supposed to be funny (my friend saw it last week) but nothing spectacular. My prediction is that Pirates does the best, but the total suckkage of the 2nd may prove to lose a lot of audience (I doubt it, though). Espicially after the trash SM3 was, people will want to go see a good film.