TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Canada's Wonderland season pass preview!

Is every TR about a former Paramount Parks going to be only about Cedar Fair's changes and things that weren't changed?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carnage it will depend weather Cedar Fair plans on keeping the ride.

Minebuster isn't going anywhere.

I have my doubts wether Cedar Fair can do much with the ride. They don't have a good track record of maintaining wooden coasters.

I got snubbed on the main page of TPR No mention of me! I did the report, too!

Yeah, sorry. Didn't do it on purpose. Everyone will see both your names once they click on the link. Just be happy you guys made it on the front page!

--Robb

Oh hey I'm not unhappy about that! It's always cool to see something we wrote on the front page! Hopefully we'll make it there again before the year is through

I'm sure you guys will. You do good TRs! In fact, I've recentely added many of yours our park index pages when I was updating them.

Is every TR about a former Paramount Parks going to be only about Cedar Fair's changes and things that weren't changed?

Probably for the first year. You gotta remember that these parks are many people's "home parks" and they've been owned by Paramount for what seems to have been forever! So seeking out changes by the new owners for your "home away from home" is a big deal for some people.

--Robb

I got snubbed on the main page of TPR No mention of me! I did the report, too!

Yeah, sorry. Didn't do it on purpose. Everyone will see both your names once they click on the link. Just be happy you guys made it on the front page!

--Robb

Oh hey I'm not unhappy about that! It's always cool to see something we wrote on the front page! Hopefully we'll make it there again before the year is through

I'm sure you guys will. You do good TRs! In fact, I've recentely added many of yours our park index pages when I was updating them.

Probably for the first year. You gotta remember that these parks are many people's "home parks" and they've been owned by Paramount for what seems to have been forever! So seeking out changes by the new owners for your "home away from home" is a big deal for some people.

--Robb

If I had the internet when Paramount took over Wonderland in the first place, you damn sure can bet I would've been nitpicking the crap out of it then, too! Plus, we wanted to just be huge nerds and go into detail about the tiny little changes that no one but us and the posters of TPR would notice/care about

^ Did you guys check out the new buffet place as well? I used to love grabbing a burger there (before it was changed to a pizza pizza...they were by far the best burgers in the park) and sitting on the patio watching the diving show in the lagoon. Was always a fun place to go for lunch.

It will be interesting to see what direction the woodies in the park take. They can't get much worse than the way Paramount left them (both were pretty unrideable last year) but Cedar Fair doesn't have the greatest wooden coaster track record either.

Also, with quite a few of us TPR members being in the Toronto area we should definitely try to put together a mini-meet at some point this summer. I would say a weekend in June before the park gets too crazy.

^ Did you guys check out the new buffet place as well? I used to love grabbing a burger there (before it was changed to a pizza pizza...they were by far the best burgers in the park) and sitting on the patio watching the diving show in the lagoon. Was always a fun place to go for lunch.

It will be interesting to see what direction the woodies in the park take. They can't get much worse than the way Paramount left them (both were pretty unrideable last year) but Cedar Fair doesn't have the greatest wooden coaster track record either.

The buffet restaurant isn't open yet because they still have interior work to do. It is supposed to open Victoria day long weekend. But the outside looks very nice and it fits Medieval Faire very well. It's also very big.

And on the topic of food...Does Canada's Wonderland even sell chicken fingers anymore? Yo Go Grill's menu has been changed to funky things like Gyros and I don't know where else in the park they would sell them.

And on the topic of food...Does Canada's Wonderland even sell chicken fingers anymore? Yo Go Grill's menu has been changed to funky things like Gyros and I don't know where else in the park they would sell them.

Apparently 'Granny's Sweets', where ever that is, still has chicken fingers. I checked Wonderland's site to see what the buffet was actually called and that was up there

marketthing.jpg.f51d37e00d4fd7deee9a2d09ae847f4a.jpg

We didn't include this for some reason, but this is the Marketplace buffet building. It was weird to see that space completely filled, it's HUGE, but at least it looks good and should be a nice addition to the park.

We went yesterday mainly to get our MAXX passes processed. Thankfully we were there shortly after 9 and didn't wait more than five minutes.

Our trip around the park was mainly to the kids areas, where there were few changes beyond the trash cans (although I did find one that predated even Paramount with the great old Wonder Mountain logo!). The one big annoying change I noticed were the orange seat belts everywhere! They put them on the kids train ride, of all places...and then yelled at me for taking a photo on it (which was never a problem in the past, given that it moves <5mph). Oh well.

Other than the seat belts, I did notice that they replaced all the ride guide/safety signs, kicked New York Fries out, and didn't do much in the way of repainting (less than last season I would say). Didn't notice fewer trees, although hard to say as the leaves were just opening on most. Managers appeared to have all received new costumes, very few standard hourly people did.

Did anyone else notice the chunk missing from the base of the Wonder Mountain waterfall - patched with what looked like brown plastic and a piece of ABS drain pipe? Good show!

The buffet looks great on the outside - nicely themed and fills a void. Curious to see what pricing will be like at at park that charges $10 for a fries n' drink combo.

Oh, and I was very happy, but not surprised, to see that they got rid of the stupid season pass 'preferred' parking lots! Dumb idea - they filled up in an hour, were ugly as hell, and hard to 'police'. Coupled with getting the space back from the stunt show, it should make parking a bit better.

There's Backlot, Riverside Snacks, Granny's Sweets, and Thrill Burger that serve chicken fingers... but I honestly wouldn't buy it unless I'm feeling rich at the moment... Backlots chicken strips+fries went up to $9.99! It was like $15 for that and a freakin' drink.

I'd also expect chicken fingers to end up in Marketplace... unless the teens running it can serve up ethnic foods which may happens, seeing as York Region is such a multicultural area.

But anyways... anyone love our yellow shirt-ed sweepers?