TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Canada's Wonderland season pass preview!

shesaidboom and 307 go to Canada's Wonderland Season Passholder Preview Night, part one of one, because it would be pretty lame to have more than one part for a visit that lasted under three hours!!!

Wonderland had it's season passholder night tonight [though I bet the title of the TR didn't give you a hint about that], and naturally - we were there, nitpicking every little thing and generally being nerdy coaster douchebags! And now, we're here to tell you all about it!

There were surprisingly few changes to the park... although Nikki didn't expect anything to change, so I guess there were surprisingly many changes. The rumour of Cedar Fair taking over the park solely to cut down all of the trees proved to be partially true, as basically anywhere where there had been a large collection of trees was now semi-treeless. Also, there was an exorbant amount of garbage cans, I guess because so much trash enters the park on a daily basis.

Before we begin, I would like to use this time to mourn a fallen comrade. Wild Beast, at one time I felt you were a great coaster, full of rough air and general whoopee. But now, you've been neutered as per the request, I can only assume, of Bob Barker! It's quite sad that one of my favourite coasters now runs worse than Minebuster, but I will always remember the good times we had, and never tarnish your memory further by riding you again.

HUHUHU

40.jpg.f82c455fa57aea08d9ba54971797a4f9.jpg

BAI

39.jpg.6b0db820650884090abe0d524cadea09.jpg

One more picture of Vortex, because it's the best thing left in the park.

38.jpg.f5d85ed219ffea946d4d91840135f079.jpg

The sky... THROUGH THE TREES.

37.jpg.bc769b89ed30a5a2b2963eef91fa32c5.jpg

LOOK WHAT I CAN DO LOOK WHAT I CAN DO

36.jpg.19bfb1b20bdba44a20478ddd1ecc3391.jpg

SNORETEX

35.jpg.b0d2042d14b407a107e7177ff6038525.jpg

When Wonderland announced the addition of Coasters, I thought it would be a sit-down diner, not just another "pay at the counter and find your own damn seat" place. Weak!

32.jpg.28a81f340063ef7c609c8e3b92803f64.jpg

She is adamant that she was joking, and made it up to me with a TWO RATCAGE shot! True love!

27.jpg.8517b095f46729c7d25d25f73d975daf.jpg

Nikki spent the whole time trying to get me to ride this piece of crap, but I had to PUT MY FOOT DOWN.

23.jpg.0dae344218a3a6cc4efad145c903adb8.jpg

Top Gun is a pretty photogenic ride, as we demonstrate here in this obviously overdone shot that everyone has a picture of.

21.jpg.9787e922cb4f36c22017821e43a6dc26.jpg

PARAMOUNT Theatre?! Put down the lazy!

20.jpg.d656cb9aa6d25fee08a485b4f8cee737.jpg

Dragon Fire got a semi-new paintjob, as the rails were painted yellow, and the track was a lighter [and more disgusting] shade of the green. Problem is, large chunks of the ride still had the old paint on it... and the colours clashed pretty bad. NITPICK.

18.jpg.a90ecade63c89b8324f91d8cdc951713.jpg

It must be awesome to be a squirrel at Wonderland, free park food all the time! Score!

17.jpg.5c3b06c7ae973205b9d7e6dbb9b02a45.jpg

Hey dumbass, get with the times!

16.jpg.53bc90954ef91b787a76f882e6615e64.jpg

Silver Streak is what Top Gun wishes it could be: Bananas!Q

31.jpg.08c988f360fbb6b45da13b3f0b760559.jpg

Well, to be quite frank, we don't care. Here's more nitpicky crap!

14.jpg.1703856a1801510839d3740bc5b3d246.jpg

Does it count as an oversight if Cedar Fair still has the Paramount license?

13.jpg.788fab902be3c480fcf944e01ddf255e.jpg

Hmmm... isn't Cedar Fair aligned with Pepsi? Alert the press.

11.jpg.b1a4e64f40a93bc60034a9f8e6b7faaa.jpg

Two new bone-chilling attractions for 2007! Fence: The Ride and Attack of the Garbage Cans!

10.jpg.e7ea2a3f5667605fb2207d0b09cfaef9.jpg

Check out that corroded track on the top of the hill! DUDE, GRODY.

08.jpg.acffdb3ec8db3e89cda86b18b152111d.jpg

First crooked lift hill picture of the season!!!

07.jpg.3f4c090455d92978ed6bfcad5f7e57c0.jpg

We decided to be annoying and take pictures of a bunch of things still branded as "Paramount". HERE IS ONE OF THEM.

05.jpg.7720ed568da802bb524825559587e593.jpg

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW etc

04.jpg.133f631a97345d13858341cfb373e442.jpg

This is probably the best "randomly point your camera at something and click without looking" picture ever.

03.jpg.5e256001e7f7650a4ccf953648e942b2.jpg

We didn't go on SkyRider, because we were too busy buying rubies.

02.jpg.23bdbe4879aee3a7d906391b33e0607e.jpg

Vortex is still awesome, even with giant clouds of mosquitos scattered throughout it's circuit!

01.jpg.74f8915eb27e468877f56e3b4844e962.jpg

Wonder Mountain is still good - but apparently Cedar Fair has something against Canadian patriotism! The Canada flowers have been destroyed!

wonderland.jpg.19a38f3b90f693f1fb3317ae06e38b15.jpg

THRILLS ARE PARAMOUNT. TRASH CANS ARE NOT.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice TR.

Was Minebuster running any smoother? I thought I saw some fresh wood on it when I was there to process my pass. But couldn't see for sure.

I don't put much faith in Cedar Fair fixing that jackhammering on the third hill.

I feel your pain about Wild(e) Beast. The first time I went on it, I loved it and rode it over and over again. The years have passed since then and they have not been good to the old coaster. The last time I went on it on Hallowe'en, it was possibly the roughest coaster I had ever been on. Unless they do something to fix it, I probably won't be going back on it.

Hearing about the tree removal is a bummer. I only visited the park once, and thought it had one of the largest collections of "ride once for the credit" coasters outside of PKI, but the park was really nice with lots of trees and good landscaping. It's a shame if that has to go away to make more room for concrete and trash cans.

dt

Great photos Nikki. Haha, I can't believe I'm gonna be at that place in less than 3 weeks! Hopefully there will still be a few trees left by then. I think I'll be hitting 300 on one of their coasters, so I better make it a really bad one!

God, I hate that path. It's so pointless.

Great TR... no trip report from wonderland is complete without those disgusting mutant fish!

BTW... I think they add the Canadian flag begonias in June or something... when I visited the park last May they had those same weird color flowers you guys saw, then later in the year they had the Canadian flag up. Oh well.

And UGH to Dragon Fire's new paint job!

^ You're right, the flag is never up in time for opening...I have pictures if you really want proof, but I'm too lazy at the moment.

I'm still debating at the moment whether I want to go on my own for opening day tomorrow or not. I usually head up there by myself for a few hours to get some early season rides in and take lots of pictures, but I left my camera at the office on friday. Plus, at only 14 degrees it won't be the warmest day. I may just wait a week.

I'm surprised to see all the Paramount stuff still around. Other than the park logo change and all the trash cans there really doesn't seem to be any other changes. Coasters looks pretty neat though, I'll most likely check it out for lunch on my first visit.

Nice TR.

Was Minebuster running any smoother? I thought I saw some fresh wood on it when I was there to process my pass. But couldn't see for sure.

I don't put much faith in Cedar Fair fixing that jackhammering on the third hill.

It was certainly smoother than Wild Beast, but we also were sitting in the middle seat of the car so were shielded from the bone-jarring vibrating that we witnessed those in front of us dealing with.

Based on those visuals, I'm going to go out on a limb and say "It's smoothER, but still not smooth enough to wear false teeth on."

Did you notice the "Thrills are Paramount" store is now "Thrills are Wonderland"?

Hahahaha no, I did not, but that is AWESOME.

Oh yeah, one other thing we didn't mention: Dragon Fire and Vortex now have seatbelts.

Talk about your BS moves!!!

^^ If you're already going to be in the area I'd say it's worth a stop. There's nothing really great, and some of it is truly horrible [like Tomb Raider], but there are a few okay roller coasters and some good flats, and we usually manage to have a good time when we're there

I think it was Dave who said that it has one of the largest collections of 'ride once for the credit' coasters. This describes it pretty well.

^^ If you're already going to be in the area I'd say it's worth a stop. There's nothing really great, and some of it is truly horrible [like Tomb Raider], but there are a few okay roller coasters and some good flats, and we usually manage to have a good time when we're there

I think it was Dave who said that it has one of the largest collections of 'ride once for the credit' coasters. This describes it pretty well.

I agree. It's good for a day stop and worth some credits... Vortex is definitely worth a spin! But it's not something that will probably leave you dying to return, unless you like mediocre rides, bad operations and tons of people.

I got snubbed on the main page of TPR No mention of me! I did the report, too!

Minebuster's re-tracking will went well. The ride is re-ridable again... but then again, there's only like one airtime spot.

And yeah, the flowers have always been like that. I think the flag is done by Victoria Day. Let's just hope this American company knows what a maple leaf looks like

And I still find this kinda funny...

Yeah, sorry. Didn't do it on purpose. Everyone will see both your names once they click on the link. Just be happy you guys made it on the front page!

--Robb

Yeah, sorry. Didn't do it on purpose. Everyone will see both your names once they click on the link. Just be happy you guys made it on the front page!

--Robb

Oh hey I'm not unhappy about that! It's always cool to see something we wrote on the front page! Hopefully we'll make it there again before the year is through