TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What kind of camera do you own??

I thought this would have already been made, I did a search and I couldn't find anything, so I guess not...

I was just curious what kind of camera everyone owns. I see a ton of TR's on here all the time, some you can tell were taken with cheap cameras, some looked like they were taken by a skilled photographer with a nice camera...I was just curious what type of camera the majority of all you use.

I have two cameras, my first camera is a Kodak C330 that I use for places where I can't really carry around a big camera.

I also have a Canon S3 IS, which is like a brother to me! I use this camera at leased once a week taking it all around to places where there might be something interesting to take pictures of.

So, what kind of camera(s) do you all own??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got a Canon Ixus 400

... for when we want something small (i.e. theme parks etc.), and then we've recently bought a Fujifilm S5600

... for when we go sightseeing or when it isn't a problem to carry a larger camera. I did consider a proper digital SLR, but as the S5600 was only £110 (around $200 I guess), I thought I'd get it to try, and if I decide I like photography as a hobby then I might go for an SLR in the future.

I have a Canon A630 digital camera. It's mainly a point-and-shoot, but I like its ability to allow more advanced settings such as sensor speed, focus and aperture size. I also have a small tripod that I can take with me to parks to get some nice shots, such as motion and night pictures. If I had some extra money to burn, I would get an SLR

21184_Elura_100_360.jpg.992f96146ac7d58bb2be3f927033350d.jpg

Elura 100 for video (uses DV tapes)

I also have a wide angle lens, as it's required for TPR meets.

119470.jpg.e184237e934ae2b1f289344277c8d20e.jpg

A630 digital for stills

I have a Nikon Coolpix P2 digital camera, a decent camera if I say so myself.

I used to own (given to friends) an Aiptek video camera that was shoddily built and an HP Photosmart 612 (huge-camera with poor specs and battery life).

I love this camera so much...it's like a pro camera except without all the lenses, and stuff. And it doesn't have as many settings. It's still an amazing camera to me. You can't go wrong with Canon!

-Mike

Canon digital rebel XTi

Canon EF 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens

Canon EF 55-200 EF-55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM lens

Cross/star filter

Tripod

As well as a Sony TRV280 and x0.45 wide conversion lens. Been thinking about upgrading this camera but I've got too many things to buy for the Canon (Macro lens (which I should have in a couple weeks), wide lens, external, flash etc)

Canon Powershot SD800 IS Digital Elph. 7.1 MP, with awesome features

It's a nice little point and click that has a variety of manual options. It also has face recognition that helps a lot in focusing group shots from a distance, and amazing image stabilization.

I took this picture at night without a tripod (it's a little noisy, had it at ISO 800, which was probably a bit too much).

And this is with normal settings during the early evening

I have a Cannon Powershot S3IS. I really like it, but I'm just not set out for anything but a point and shoot camera (It's technically a point and shoot, but many consider it at "miniSLR", as it has many of the settings, accessible externally as well). I am constantly ruining photos by leaving on incorrect settings on and whatnot. I also want to revert back to something that fits in a pocket.

On the plus side, it's got a built in 12x optical zoom! That's what I LOVE about it. But unfortunately, if I can save up enough before the Midwest trip, I would like a different camera.

-Jahan

Utilise the following equipment:

Sony Ericsson K750i (2.0MP Camera Phone)

Canon EOS 400D (also known as Rebel XTi)

EFS 18-55mm

75-300mm

UV Filter

Tripod

Other accessories

The tripod, 75-300mm and other accessories usually stay at home when I visit the parks.

daid.jpg.4713eb7f15aab6e151609d08e9c21e6e.jpg

400D & EFS 18-55mm + UV Filter

• 4 weeks later...

I had my old SONY DSC P-72 replaced with a black SONY DSC T-100 in April. Very good for a ultra-compact point and shoot. Was really expensive though... and then I had to go buy expanded memory (2 GB) and a protective case for the housing.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665061046