TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney Makes MAJOR Changes to FastPass System

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone mentioned this.. I have read a lot of posts in this thread, but my recollection is kinda iffy right now..

Another big BIG thing to consider about Disney is when you are going. We have always gone in late September or October.. and have never really "waited' (in the classic sense) for any of the rides.

Disney is all about moving people.. and most of their rides are constant motion.. so the line doesn't really stop.

But you want to time your Disney vacation so A) it's not quite so stinkin hot, B) it's not spring break or summer vacation, and C) it's not a major holiday (like Christmas, or Easter, or Memorial day).

Plus, the prices are much better "offpeak".. for our trip in October, the single most expensive thing we are looking at is airfare.. 700 bucks for a family of four from Pennsylvania. My mom has a Fairfield Resorts membership, so we got the room for a week (and it's a suite.. with a stove and kitchen and everything) for about 300 bucks total. (for 7 days).

We'll save a lot of money by only eating one meal a day in the park, and the only other "expensive" thing will be the park passes. Plus, we can get the "magic hour" if you buy the right passes, I believe.

Also, drop the 15 bucks or whatever on a Birnbaums.. it can be utterly invaluable if you don't know the parks, or resorts, or even really what rides are what.

Disney is slowly (at least IMHO, as somone who stood and watched Space Mountain being built on his first trip) turning into a "theme park" rather than "the place magic happens".. but it is still unique, and their customer service and your experience _still_ beats the pants off of every other park I have ever been too.

Maeryk "who still misses 20K leagues"

It's beyond me why people waste their money at Disney parks anyway. No quality "coaster-worthy" rides. I mean, millions of people wait hours and hours to cram into all the stupid Disney kiddie rides like "It's a small world" and "20,000 leagues under the sea" and "Dumbo's big-assed-ears flying elephant journey". Meanwhile, just a few hours north near Buffalo, New York, 6 gleaming brand new thrill machines are veritable walkons.

Easy. Family. Disney is definately not aimed at the thrill rider group.. tho they are getting closer. They are aimed at people like me.. I will be there with my 60 year old parents, myself, my 12 year old son, my 19 month old daughter, and my sisters family, kids aged 5 and 8... and at Disney, every single one of those people can be highly entertained often.

I don't have to worry about the clientele of the park, because Disney is not afraid to look at someone in a risque t-shirt or who is spewing profanity and say "See ya.. don't come back", and the entire place is oriented around familys. So it's not the afterthought some parks tend to make it.

Sure.. it's a small world may be boring to you.. but I first rode it when I was 3, and the two times I have been back since it has been closed.. I am now 35, and cannot WAIT to get on that ride. Space Mountain isnt by any means a "thrill" ride.. but it's a boatload of fun.

There is just an atmosphere at Disney that doesn't exist anywhere else.. and that is what people are paying for. Not to mention the beauty that they can drop their credit card at the website, and have _everything_ taken care of. Shuttle from the airport to the hotel, monorial from the hotel to the parks, birthday notes for the kids from the characters, you name it.. the perks are endless.

Thats why we go.

Maeryk

I can see this degrading into an entitlement debate. Everyone feels they should get something extra for one reason or another. "I'm a FL resident, I should get higher priority." "I'm staying in concierge, I should get higher priority." "I have 5 kids that are terrors, I should get higher priority." "I've never been to WDW before, I should get higher priority." "I'm a stockholder, I should get higher priority." etc...etc...etc...

It won't be pretty. Keep it simple.