TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Death at Legoland Billund

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... html?f=rss

An employee at Legoland amusement park in Denmark has been killed in a roller coaster accident.

The 21-year-old woman was hit by a coaster car.

She had apparently jumped over a security fence to retrieve a wallet dropped by a passenger near the track .

Police say she died immediately. She has not yet been named.

"We're shocked," Legoland manager Henrik Hoehrman said. "Nothing like this has happened before."

The park, which is next to the Lego headquarters in Billund, 150 miles west of Copenhagen, re-opened as usual on the following day.

The roller coaster ride remained closed while the police investigation continues.

Lego sold its four Legoland amusement parks in Denmark, Britain, California and Germany in 2005 to the US-based private equity group Blackstone Capital Partners.

The Danish Legoland opened in 1968.

Wow...I can't believe that a park EMPLOYEE did something like this. I really wonder what their thought process was as they were climbing over the fence to get that wallet.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some employees should be a little more aware of their surroundings. They could of shut the ride down when she went to retreive it. It would've been only like a minute to two to get the wallet for the guest. May she rest in peace.

I think these accidents are mostly from a lack of training. If operators are only taught basic "push the green button to dispatch" stuff, and not how to safely evacuate a ride themselves or basic lockout safety and such, there's a lot of temptation to try and do things illegitimately since people don't know how with the proper procedures. That, and it's easy to get comfortable and forget that a ride doesn't have a brain or any awareness beyond the simple inputs. I think every ride operator has done that at some point to some degree.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1263409,00.html?f=rss

An employee at Legoland amusement park in Denmark has been killed in a roller coaster accident.

The 21-year-old woman was hit by a coaster car.

She had apparently jumped over a security fence to retrieve a wallet dropped by a passenger near the track .

Police say she died immediately. She has not yet been named.

"We're shocked," Legoland manager Henrik Hoehrman said. "Nothing like this has happened before."

The park, which is next to the Lego headquarters in Billund, 150 miles west of Copenhagen, re-opened as usual on the following day.

The roller coaster ride remained closed while the police investigation continues.

Lego sold its four Legoland amusement parks in Denmark, Britain, California and Germany in 2005 to the US-based private equity group Blackstone Capital Partners.

The Danish Legoland opened in 1968.

Wow...I can't believe that a park EMPLOYEE did something like this. I really wonder what their thought process was as they were climbing over the fence to get that wallet.

Doesnt suprise me. Youre stupid in a theme park, dont obey the signs and warnings. Then you get hit! Plain and simple!!!!

-Ryan

I think these accidents are mostly from a lack of training.

It's not even training, it's basic common sense.

From a early age we have to learn not to run out into traffic. If we do we'll get hit by a car.

Same idea with being around a roller coaster. You just don't jump a fence and run in front of it's path.

I think these accidents are mostly from a lack of training.

It's not even training, it's basic common sense.

From a early age we have to learn not to run out into traffic. If we do we'll get hit by a car.

Same idea with being around a roller coaster. You just don't jump a fence and run in front of it's path.

Exactly, back when I use to work in Bugs Bunny World, I would ALWAYS be in the track area of Canyon Blaster for a guest who lost an artical. You always have to turn off power, close the panel, take the keys with you, and alert guests that you'll be right back. I really don't see how these things can keep happening. It really is all common sense, no training should be needed for that!

_six

This may be a tragic accident, but the woman was stupid and careless to go on the coaster track and could have hurt others on the ride if it hit her and de-railed.

It's got nothing to do with staff training. It's plain common sense and this employee obviously had none. Her number was up;.