TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Memorable Roller Coaster Ride?

What is the most memorable coaster ride you've ever experienced? Mine was at Disneyland last Summer when I went on the new Space Mountain for the first time. I got to sit in the front row. You can see everything and it feels faster up front. It was unforgetable. Plus its the best ride picture I have!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine would have to be my first ride on Millennium Force. It was a couple of years back in October. We had arrived at Sandusky at about ten at night, and the plan was to go to the park all day the next day, but we could not wait any longer, so we bought a two day ticket just so we could go into the park at 10:30 at night and ride one ride(the park closed at 12:00 because it was fright night or whatever they call it at Cedar point). We decided to ride Millennium because of how cool it looks at night. We had to wait about an hour, so we got to the very front of the line at about 11:30. I sat in the second seat, and my dad and younger brother sat in the row behind me. I could tell it was very cold outside while waiting in line, but as we climbed higher and higher it just kept on getting colder. The wind was blowing really hard off the lake, so it felt even colder than it really was. Even though it was so cold, I made sure to keep my hands up the entire ride, and by the time I had gotten off, my hands felt like they had frost bite, but I didn't care because MF was easily the best ride I had ridden at the time.

Mine would have to be my first ride on Millennium Force. It was a couple of years back in October. We had arrived at Sandusky at about ten at night, and the plan was to go to the park all day the next day, but we could not wait any longer, so we bought a two day ticket just so we could go into the park at 10:30 at night and ride one ride(the park closed at 12:00 because it was fright night or whatever they call it at Cedar point). We decided to ride Millennium because of how cool it looks at night. We had to wait about an hour, so we got to the very front of the line at about 11:30. I sat in the second seat, and my dad and younger brother sat in the row behind me. I could tell it was very cold outside while waiting in line, but as we climbed higher and higher it just kept on getting colder. The wind was blowing really hard off the lake, so it felt even colder than it really was. Even though it was so cold, I made sure to keep my hands up the entire ride, and by the time I had gotten off, my hands felt like they had frost bite, but I didn't care because MF was easily the best ride I had ridden at the time.

Ha! Was it easy to take them down, or did you get off the ride:

\o/

My most memorable ride was my first Mindbender ride. Waiting in-line was terrifying, since there aren't many coasters in western Canada, I didn't have much experience, so considering Mindbender was only my 2nd ride, it was pretty incredible.

My first and most memorable coaster was the joyland roller coaster. From a distance, the first drop looks normal. In the parking lot, it looks pretty intimidating, and the when you are on the coasters its just like "OH HOLY SH*T!" Even though its like a 45* drop, it really delivers, probably due to the fixed position lapbar, even better than a buzzbar! The rest of the ride is pretty awesome too.

Probably the time I rode Psyclone in the back seat 4 times in a row... There was no line, so my friends and I just sat there and enjoyed the pain. On every ride, we were screaming, yelling out random things like "OH GOD" and "NOO" and "BOOM HEADSHOT" from the ridiculous roughness, and even elbowing each other in the face from the jerks in the ride... While it was painful, it was just so much fun. It was the definition of "goofing off" when it comes to roller coasters...

Some runner-ups:

- The time I rode Superman The Escape with one fist in the air while yelling out the Superman theme song

- My first ride on X

- When I rode Goliath in the back seat 4 times in a row, in high winds and 35 degree weather at night

- When I rode Speed The Ride 11 times in a row

Mine was Millennium Force night ride with Dan, my only other theme park review friend I have met up with! It was about 9 PM when we got inline and we got to see the fireworks show go off right behind us! Then we boareded around 9:30 and had an AMAZING night ride in the very back!

Or it could have been when we rode Demon Drop and yelled "Ohhhhh sh*t!!" in unison

There are three, actually, and they're Rides.

When I rode Psyclone in the back seat four times in a row.

When I rode Goliath in the back seat at night in freezing cold weather, and VERY stormy winds four times in a row.

When I finally got over my fear of Tatsu.

-Mike

I have two moments-

1. My very first roller coaster ride on non-other than the Scooby-Doo coaster at Kings Dominion. This actually started my somewhat geeky obsession with coasters.

2. Last year I got to experience the same thing only in the eyes of my 5 year old daughter. This time it was Rolling Thunder at Six Flags NJ. I saw in here eyes the same thing we feel when we go big rides. She made me go that ride around 4 times that day as it was the only coaster that was 45" all the others were 48" and she just didn't make that.

This year I am hoping to repeat with my son who is pushing around 41" inches now. Everyone cross your fingers for a growth spurt.

my first ride on Nitro, after being literally dragged onto it by my friend, I remember freaking out on the lift, then right after the first airtime hill looknig at my friend and saying "your right this is awsome" the putting ym hands up and keeping them up for the rest of the ride

Some memorable moments:

ERT on Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

ERT on Balder (as with the video, "I can't get enough of you baby")

My first ride on Space Mountain

The night ride on BTMR during last year's Florida Meet (you have to see Erik's video)

My most memorable ride to date has to be my first ride on Nemesis. It had been raining heavily all morning, and this was my first invert. I was in the back seat, and it was awesome. Ride Op said the rain was making it faster. Mainly its my most memorable because that was the ride that hooked me.

Back seat on Ghostrider is my most fond memorable experience. Truly the best woodie i've been on so far.

Back seat on Son of Beast is my least fond memorable experience. Truly the worst woodie i've been on so far.

It's funny how my last two statements are so similar, yet so different.

Most memorable would have to be.....................Manhattan Express!!!! LOL

No joke, I rode it once in pouring rain, because since I was already in line and paid they just kept the ride going in the storm

Kinda took my mind off of the pain of the ride

I have another. It was opening of Goliath, and we got to SFOG about two hours before park opening. There were about 40 or so people there when we got there, so I knew it would be tough for us to make the first train. When they opened the gaits, me and my seven other friends sprinted all the way there, and we beat everyone accept one other group of four, but that was ok because they wanted the front seat and we wanted the back. The only problem was it was raining, so we had to wait for an hour for the rain to stop. It finally did, and so we got the first public ride on Goliath. That is probably my most memorable ride and my best roller coaster accomplishment.

Way back in 2002 I went on Rock n Roller Coaster with my Dad and my Bro, and the first launch scared the hell out of me. Note that I was in Second Grade. But the rest of the ride just was amazing and that was the ride that just made me become in love with Roller Coasters. It was funny my dad was nervous for me the whole ride so he didnt enjoy it at all, so after the ride he came up to me and was like, Are you Okay!? ANd i was like, "Dad that was the best ride ever!"

One of my most memorable rides (i have many) was my first front row ride on Millennium. My friends and I were at Cedar Point during Halloweekends 2 years ago and we got into the park around 7 on a friday. There was hardly any wind that night, so the fog in Fright Zone was thick (which makes it 10x better i may add). We decided to wait for the front on Millennium and as we were going up the lift hill we could see all the fog blowing over the trees to the bottom of the lift hill. We get to the top and start going over (for anyone whos sat in the front you know how scary an image this is your first time) and to make it even better we couldn't see the bottom of the hill due to the fog. Next thing i knew i was on the overbank looking down at the fog again. The single most amazing ride on Millennium i've ever had.

My most memorable ride was my first ride on Apollo's Chariot. It was Easter Sunday 2006 and I was waiting in line nervously. I told a guy (he just has to be an enthusiast, everything about him made him look like an enthusiast, he even was fat!) that I was nervous and I've never been on a big roller coaster before. He just told me that I'd be fine and I'll enjoy it. We boarded on the 4th or 5th row and I was sitting on the outside left. I just couldn't look up, every time a looked up, I just looked back down. He just told me that I could always close my eyes.

By then, the ride was cresting the hill and it was time to face my fear. After the trim at the top of the ride, the ride shot down the hill, giving me my first taste of airtime since August and then I blacked out. Once I regained my eye sight, we were shooting up the second hill and over the crest, more airtime be found! The headchopper was a nice surprise and while the third hill had a trim, I still had a blast! My hands let go of the clamshells and flung up into the air by the Helix, and the lovely apollo lumps were fun! When the train hit the breaks, I clapped my hands and the guy next to me said "Hey, I thought you were scared of the ride". Definetly an unforgetable expreance!

Second is my third ride on the Yankee Cannonball, I made so many memorys, including pushing my friends head into the lapbar!

!!!!! Dude! You were on that train too!!!!??????!!??! I was front seat of that!.. I had on the Storm Runner shirt!.. I was the loud one complaining about my rolls..

There was actually airtime on the.. umm.. not rolls.. and i remember like..complaining about it on the launch track in revrse.. then 3 seconds after we stopped i was like "we're not in the station... hmmmm??" It was also the first time i was able to talk to girls without getting nervous.. They were in the exit tunnel and was like "what happened?" and i just talked to them. To be inthe most comfortable place in my life, I felt soo safe, that.. talking to girls was like.. nice. I wish i wasn't such a prude.

And that is almost my most memorable.. or maybe my "rice" expirience with Stinks A.k.a. James A.K.A. Canobiefan

One of my favorite memories. The coaster is my favorite, Magnum, the park- you know. It was June 1996 and I was there with a friend who was just getting into coasters and decided to pass on Magnum. Well anyway, I went by myself. One of those sudden thunderstorms poured down, closing the ride for a while. Finally it stopped raining. I got the first seat for the first time ever. It's true what they say about coasters going faster in the rain because of the wet track- this thing was FLYING. It was totally awsome. The speed, the view (it was dusk), the airtime, being alone in the front seat- just unbeatable. An almost spiritual experience!