TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Child Eaten by Crocodile at Chinese Amusement Park

Check this out:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/world_news.htm#China

(4/23/07) In a horrifying news story, it seems that several children had climbed over a fence at the Yintan resort in Beihai and were pestering the crocodiles with rocks and sticks when one of the crocodiles had apparently had enough and lunged out to grab the clothes of a 9 year old boy and drug him into the water where a swarm of up to 11 crocodiles ate him.

Click the link for the full story!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how the animals end up paying the price for human negligence as the crocodile was shot. This happened recently in my town where a kid at a local park in Richmond got loose from his parents and entered a fenced off area for bears. Of course, the kid was bitten by a bear and the animal was put down.

Survival of the fittest I guess.

Would a crocodile be a foreign animal that they wouldn't have understood the danger invovled?

When I was 9, I fully understood how dangerous crocs were and I am yet to see one in Indiana.

But yeah, I get what you are saying. Maybe they aren't taught about them or something.

I hate how the animals end up paying the price for human negligence as the crocodile was shot. This happened recently in my town where a kid at a local park in Richmond got loose from his parents and entered a fenced off area for bears. Of course, the kid was bitten by a bear and the animal was put down.

I agree, the real tragedy is the poor animals that pay the ultimate price for these brats and their parents stupidity, they should be the ones put down!

I've never understood why animals are the ones to pay with their lives when people are more often than not the stupid ones. This situation, and the one that someone mentioned about the bear, are even more mind boggling since they happened in fenced off areas!!! How is it the fault of the animal when they were just trying to protect their own territory? I feel bad for the crocodiles, not for those stupid kids.

I also don't think the argument of 'they didn't know better' flies. There's a fence, fences are there for a reason and even most kindergarteners can draw that conclusion. I'm wondering what the parents were doing while all of this was happening.

(4/23/07) In a horrifying news story, it seems that several children had climbed over a fence at the Yintan resort in Beihai and were pestering the crocodiles with rocks and sticks when one of the crocodiles had apparently had enough and lunged out to grab the clothes of a 9 year old boy and drug him into the water where a swarm of up to 11 crocodiles ate him.

Ok this might make me sound heartless but it is the kids fault. I mean they climbed a fence, that was obviously there to keep them out. PLUS they were pestering the crocodile... What kind of person pesters a crocodile? I mean that is just death waiting to happen. Ok yeah it is sad that they died, and I feel sorry for them and their families, but it was their fault. I hope that did not make me sound to heartless.

~Matthew

What was the kid thinking when he climbed into the crocodile area, and second, where were the kid's parents? How stupid can you be to go into an crocodile pit and start to annoy it. While it is sad what happened,(and I'm not saying he deserved it, well he kinda did) what did they think would happen?

They probably underestimated how fast a croc can be.

Typically in a zoo they'll just sit there not doing anything. Maybe the kids saw that which made them feel safe jumping the fence.

But not realizing that when crocs act, they can snap in a split second.

Even with all of the world's idiot proof inventions Darwin will still overcome in extreme situations. I feel no sympathy for anyone involved other than the animal. That DNA strand ends here.

I'm not sure that Darwinism applies to the present situation with the human race.

According to the biological fitness concept, the more genes you recirculate into the gene pool the more fit you are. While this kid obviously isn't going to contribute his genes, it seems that stupid people breed earlier and more often. More cerebral types spend more years getting educated early in life, and consequently breed less, or not at all because of the fertility problems later in life.

I'm not sure that Darwinism applies to the present situation with the human race.

According to the biological fitness concept, the more genes you recirculate into the gene pool the more fit you are. While this kid obviously isn't going to contribute his genes, it seems that stupid people breed earlier and more often. More cerebral types spend more years getting educated early in life, and consequently breed less, or not at all because of the fertility problems later in life.

"Darwin" is more of a slang term for human stupidity now.

When people use Darwin in this way they're never using it in the literal sense.