TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the longest coasters are:

-Steel Dragon 2000 - 8133' 2" Yeah, that ride is MASSIVE and long.

-Beast - 7,300'

-SoB - 7,000'

To beat those...you'll need to have a giant drop and have it going for a long, long time.

But how about the most coaster track in one park...could they pull that off?

B&M's Hypers range from as short at 3,800' (Hollywood Dream) to as long as 5,300' (Nitro, Silver Star). Goliath - SFoG is just under 5,000; Goliath - La Ronde is about 4,800; RB is around that, and I forget about the others.

Now, to make the longest B&M, you'd need to put together like, one and a half Goliath's or Nitro's or something like that. With KI's woods, I think meandering through the trees low to the ground at high speeds could be awesome, and take up a bunch of track...so maybe it can be done?

"Mustang, this is GhostRider, requesting a flyby."

"Voodoo One, remaining MiGs are bugging out."

"Launch Maverick on alert 5!"

*If* this turns out to be called Mustang, will the Top Gun fan at Cedar Fair, L.P. please step forward?

Well, the longest coasters are:

-Steel Dragon 2000 - 8133' 2" Yeah, that ride is MASSIVE and long.

-Beast - 7,300'

-SoB - 7,000'

To beat those...you'll need to have a giant drop and have it going for a long, long time.

But how about the most coaster track in one park...could they pull that off?

B&M's Hypers range from as short at 3,800' (Hollywood Dream) to as long as 5,300' (Nitro, Silver Star). Goliath - SFoG is just under 5,000; Goliath - La Ronde is about 4,800; RB is around that, and I forget about the others.

Now, to make the longest B&M, you'd need to put together like, one and a half Goliath's or Nitro's or something like that. With KI's woods, I think meandering through the trees low to the ground at high speeds could be awesome, and take up a bunch of track...so maybe it can be done?

I think if Mustang's going to be ~200 feet tall, it's probably not going to be the longest B&M, or if it is, not by much. It can only go so far before it runs out of energy. There's a LOT of space cleared out for this thing, and I'm far from an expert when it comes to calculating distances based on pictures, but I think it'll be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 feet long. Of course, I have no idea if they're done with land clearing yet, so I could be totally wrong.

^ It's in Ohio. It's already the bestest, longest, and most awesomest coaster in the world.....and a Golden Ticket winner as well. It'll never run out of steam, and will be capable of circling the globe with only a 100 foot lift and 3 water brakes.

^ Thank you for that!

This is a B&M, according to 3 sources in park management. There is a splashdown, the name that I've heard mentioned is Mustang, it is going to be unique (their words - my view on that is only hyper with a splashdown ), and I've heard the station will be themed much the same way as Maverick's station (to fit in with the Rivertown theme) and the trains will most likely be Behemoth-styled hyper trains.

That pretty much sums up all the information that I feel safe to tell everyone right now, so for those of you who haven't read all 89 pages of the thread, that should catch you up to speed.

I've confirmed with other people what JZ said, that steelwork is planned to start by the end of this month.

-James Dillaman

I think if Mustang's going to be ~200 feet tall, it's probably not going to be the longest B&M, or if it is, not by much. It can only go so far before it runs out of energy. There's a LOT of space cleared out for this thing, and I'm far from an expert when it comes to calculating distances based on pictures, but I think it'll be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 feet long. Of course, I have no idea if they're done with land clearing yet, so I could be totally wrong.

Sorry for the double post, but my last post was a summation, this is addressing the above quote...

Remember that the ride will utilize the valley in the Beast woods, so (I've not been able to get confirmation or denial on this, mind you) the first drop MAY not be the biggest drop. (Think Phantom's Revenge style) Again, this is speculation, not the facts I presented in the post above.

-James Dillaman

^That would be sweet! I love Phantom. I think that kind of unique ride will work well with the park's history of rides.

The only time I can think of the park 'hyping' up the guests in the park for an upcoming ride is when they were building SoB. Remember how the box was closed and made random movements and growling noises?

^I remember the box. It was cool how when you're going into the quene it was shaking and growling. I wonder if they'll do something like that for this ride. Maybe they'll put a wild Mustang in a box or have someone sitting out from in a '71 Boss 302 (Ford) Mustang reving the engine.

^ It's in Ohio. It's already the bestest, longest, and most awesomest coaster in the world.....and a Golden Ticket winner as well. It'll never run out of steam, and will be capable of circling the globe with only a 100 foot lift and 3 water brakes. Wink

No, because it is CF, it will be the bestest, longest and awesomest coaster outside of Sandusky Ohio. I am thinking that the Golden Ticket will not be enough for this coaster, a new Platinum Ticket will be created. And you left out the 1.5 hours of airtime it will have. Oops, now I am in trouble.

The name Mustang also goes along with the "naming a coaster so the first letter is M" theme with CF.

And for the record, i am still willing to live up to the bet I made about my ill fated Buckeyes, which of course, since its Ohio, the Buckeyes are the bestest, most awesomest football team (until the national title game)

^ It's in Ohio. It's already the bestest, longest, and most awesomest coaster in the world.....and a Golden Ticket winner as well. It'll never run out of steam, and will be capable of circling the globe with only a 100 foot lift and 3 water brakes. Wink

No, because it is CF, it will be the bestest, longest and awesomest coaster outside of Sandusky Ohio. I am thinking that the Golden Ticket will not be enough for this coaster, a new Platinum Ticket will be created. And you left out the 1.5 hours of airtime it will have. Oops, now I am in trouble.

The name Mustang also goes along with the "naming a coaster so the first letter is M" theme with CF.

And for the record, i am still willing to live up to the bet I made about my ill fated Buckeyes, which of course, since its Ohio, the Buckeyes are the bestest, most awesomest football team (until the national title game)

...hahahahahaha! The Buckeyes quote was awesome.

I'm surprised there isn't something like that in Ohio already...

I think if Mustang's going to be ~200 feet tall, it's probably not going to be the longest B&M, or if it is, not by much. It can only go so far before it runs out of energy.

200 feet tall is only off the ground. What's to say that the drop can't extend plenty further than that? That's where this ride's going to get it's big, steep drop - somewhere in that ravine.

I think if Mustang's going to be ~200 feet tall, it's probably not going to be the longest B&M, or if it is, not by much. It can only go so far before it runs out of energy.

200 feet tall is only off the ground. What's to say that the drop can't extend plenty further than that? That's where this ride's going to get it's big, steep drop - somewhere in that ravine.

Beast - 110' Tall........140' Drop. And that's just one of the small dips in the woods...

-JZ