TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^And when will that be Mr. Dillaman?

Dude, he's told us he can't say. We just have to wait.

Anywho, I've heard the gorge/river now has water running through it. Maybe we'll have an announcement today?

-JZ

Happy birthday, JZ!

As for signs, JZ texted me several other messages: "Ride Sally Ride!" "Steep incline ahead!" "Slippery when wet!" "Move slowly...do not disturb!"

I think we can rule the slippery one as the waterbrake, and the steep incline one hints back at a Dive Machine, or atleast a steep drop. Not sure about the Sally one, but that last one does remind me of something from the other day.

I went on the train, and the operator started talking about the "KI Grizzly" in the woods. I looked over and saw a wooden statue of a grizzly bear. Now, I know that we have hints of the coaster name being "Mustang", but that grizzly statue was something I hadn't noticed before, and CF has a tendancy to clone names (already two Grizzly's in other parks.) Now why this reminds me of the last sign, its probabbly better to not bother bears

Either way, I'll be in the park on Tuesday to check it out myself...

Happy birthday, JZ!

As for signs, JZ texted me several other messages: "Ride Sally Ride!" "Steep incline ahead!" "Slippery when wet!" "Move slowly...do not disturb!"

I think we can rule the slippery one as the waterbrake, and the steep incline one hints back at a Dive Machine, or atleast a steep drop. Not sure about the Sally one, but that last one does remind me of something from the other day.

I went on the train, and the operator started talking about the "KI Grizzly" in the woods. I looked over and saw a wooden statue of a grizzly bear. Now, I know that we have hints of the coaster name being "Mustang", but that grizzly statue was something I hadn't noticed before, and CF has a tendancy to clone names (already two Grizzly's in other parks.) Now why this reminds me of the last sign, its probabbly better to not bother bears

Either way, I'll be in the park on Tuesday to check it out myself...

The Grizzly is from the old train show the park used to have. It was a old west theme show were the train got robbed.

Steep incline means steep lift hill, not a dive, all of this still points hyper in the end but maybe with an insane dive-machine-esqe lift hill, which with clamshells would be amazing. I love unique lift hills that really add to the ride. (Dive Machines and any Intamin Cable)

I'm thinking it will be some sort of near 90 or past 90 degree first drop. Now that Intamin has copied Gestalur (can never spell that right), I can see B&M might want to join the steep first drop club. I think a hyper with that kind of first dive would be AMAZING, especially if the layout is sort of like Nitro, as some have predicted. With that location, it would be a great ride with plenty of airtime, good terraining with the element of suprise, and a sweet first drop.

Edit: I just got off the phone with JZ. We're starting to think that it might be a low to the ground ride now. If thats the case, I'm thinking something along the lines of a steel Voyage (which would be amazing since Voyage is my favorite wooden coaster right now). If you think about it, this could make sence. If its groundhugging, it wont disturb Beast's mysteriousness, and that one "Do not disturb" sign could mean that it wont disturb the public with all its giant hills or something.

I'm thinking it will be some sort of near 90 or past 90 degree first drop.

I just don't see it happening on a ride like this. First of all, a beyond 90* would probably require B&M to put in OTSR's instead of their awesome "clamshell" restraints. Also, a drop that steep requires a really short train, so we would now be looking at a train that fits *maybe* 16 people instead of one that fits 36. Short trains work well on more compact coasters because the block segments are really close together, but a large scale hyper with short trains would be a capacity nightmare.

They could use wider trains, but I think that's unlikely since the water brake area looks to be fitted for standard B&M track.

Ok, this is getting interesting.

Possible Name: Mustang

Possible Theme: Horse/Western (like Pony Express and Maverick)

Could this be a a shorter B&M hyper train with Behemoth type seating, and the splash funnels, ala Sheikra and Griffon?

Well, whatever it is, I'm hooked, and looking forward to the end result.