TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Even if you don't trust me, ask yourself one question: What dive coaster has an extended layout that would go out in the woods and make use of the terrain the way this ride does. Just based on the layout of the footers, it already is a ride that looks way more like Apollo's Chariot than Griffon.

-James "I've lived in Cincinnati a long time, never trust the Enquirer!" Dillaman

Oh you guys know, just because there's a splash it has to be a dive machine. There's no way that B&M wouldn't put those fins on any other coasters or design anything new. He seemed very confident in himself.

That report made me laugh, I hope that guy is proven wrong. He may not be tho in the end, only time will tell.

Oh you guys know, just because there's a splash it has to be a dive machine. There's no way that B&M wouldn't put those fins on any other coasters or design anything new. He seemed very confident in himself.

That report made me laugh, I hope that guy is proven wrong. He may not be tho in the end, only time will tell.

Funny how the concept design for the splash down brakes were first used in the concept art for Hyper Coasters...

bmpatentlh5_622.jpg.f3e583f87a3578c856dfed009ba5d33e.jpg

'bout time KI got itself a hyper! I may have my reason to visit there for the first time in 17 years (pre Paramount era). CF should be commended for making such a big improvement to a park so close to CP.

Wow I can't believe I didn't mention this,

Busch Gardens has a US Trademark on the Dive Coaster, so none can be built in America for the next few years.

I believe that the contract between B&M and AB expired this year.

Busch Gardens has a US Trademark on the Dive Coaster, so none can be built in America for the next few years.

That's just stupid, who do they think they are, god? They shouldn't be able to get a US trademark on a type of coaster, especially when they have already been built in Europe. Its not fair to the competition either!

As of the other day, stakes are now all over the clearing. Rebar in footer shape has shown up, and lots of other building materials are everywhere:

Credit goes to Ryan Suhr, kicentral.com

And someone noticed on some of the rebar laying around behind The Crypt, that it says "Load/Unloading Station":

Credit goes to welchce, kicentral.com

Things are getting more and more interesting.....!

If this is a Dive Coaster, I'll personally take PKIManJZ to Indiana Beach and Holiday World, and pay for it all, so that he can take Beast off his top ten wooden coaster list, just to show you how confident I am that it is indeed a hyper.

-James Dillaman

Psh...I'd take KI getting a hyper over getting a DM and those trips! Lol...I'm getting birthday money soon...call me dude!

-J 'It's not even in my top 5...' Z

I'm pretty sure that rumor has been debunked several times in the past. KI is still not getting a dive machine either way, but I'm about 98% certain that the "Busch Gardens dive machine exclusiveness contract" has been proven to be a myth.

"Busch has no ownership over any B&M design... the only thing they have is a regional exclusive which typically means that B&M wont sell another Dive Machine to any park within a 150 mile radius from Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg for about 5-6 years from when the ride's opened."

-Lance, Screamscape News Editor.

To clear all of that up. I think it's just one of the first times something like that became public so it was blown out of proportion.

I still see this being a hyper coaster with Behemoth style trains. It'd be one beautiful ride.