TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

The new coaster will not have water jets like the Stunt Coaster. Guess you just have to wait and see.

I concur. I asked a couple people I know about it, and I think this'll be good for it. Not at all like the Stunt Coaster. That one isn't even in the middle of a lake, as it was origionally themed to Italian Job (It's supposed to look like the L.A. River).

-James Dillaman

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another idea that could be considered. Back when Sheikra was in its testing phases they tried many different types of water tube ideas. Originally Sheikra had several different type of tubes. Some where thin and long some where shorter and fater and then they had some kind paddles. Pictured below is a splash from the paddles.

Reason I mention this is maybe this coaster will have the paddles instead of the tubes like SHeikra. Below is the only photo I have of what the water splash looks like from the padles. You will notice that the splash is a low wide fan shape. So maybe they will use something along these lines so that the coaster will look more like it has crashed into the water instead of how Shiekras water is thrown up in the air. Just speculation on my part.

sh358a.jpg.f37fdb405379633a6926033c5adde521.jpg

^Think that may be a possibility for Manta @ Sea World as well?

I like the splashdowns, but I can see where people dissent. Not sure of practicality, but I always thought a double-pump splashdown would be kinda cool--quick dive into the water for a splash, then a little bunny hill back into the water for a prolonged splash. Not that that would be considered, but just something I was reminded of with the people mentioning how they'd rather have a little airtime hill over a long splashdown.

In any event, I am growing increasingly restless with this construction...patience is not a friend of mine...

Perhaps what they could do, is to build magnetic brakes along the water splash, so it is a brake run, which is strait anyways. then once the splash is over, the train will travel up a small hill to get out of the water. The train wont need any more of a brake run after the splash down except enough for the train to sit.

^Yeah, like a flyer.

Yeah, eating my words on that one.

However, when you think about it, they actually relocated that flyer from a park that was even closer to CP than KI. Not completely trying to justify my claim, but seeing how Cedar Fair did everything they could to make sure Geauga didn't compete with CP, I just don't see them adding a massive dive machine that could potentially be called the "tallest and fastest" and "first of its kind in the Midwest" at a park other than CP. It would hurt their precious baby too much.

Thanks for the photo update. They are getting alot done in a short amont of time. I am kind of surprised about the lack of large construction fences. I wonder how long they will leave it like that with out any construction walls.. I wish parks would not have huge construction fences or maybe have areas where people can see in. I think it serve as better promotion of a future attaction if people can at least see in and see what they are doing.

I don't think that could be a splashdown. The height of the walls doesn't seem high enough for the train to come close to the water. If you estimate that a piece of track is about 3 ft tall from bottom of spine to top of rails, those walls look no more than 2ft tall. Could just be a fly over or possibly a tunnel, but doesn't seem like a splashdown to me.

Thanks for the photo update. They are getting alot done in a short amont of time. I am kind of surprised about the lack of large construction fences. I wonder how long they will leave it like that with out any construction walls.. I wish parks would not have huge construction fences or maybe have areas where people can see in. I think it serve as better promotion of a future attaction if people can at least see in and see what they are doing.

I think the park should either show all, or show nothing at all.

I don't think that could be a splashdown. The height of the walls doesn't seem high enough for the train to come close to the water. If you estimate that a piece of track is about 3 ft tall from bottom of spine to top of rails, those walls look no more than 2ft tall. Could just be a fly over or possibly a tunnel, but doesn't seem like a splashdown to me.

It looks a lot like the construction of the Dive Machine Splashdown areas if you ask me...

-James Dillaman

It looks a lot like the construction of the Dive Machine Splashdown areas if you ask me...

-James Dillaman

Any more hints/updates, James?

-James Dillaman

Any more hints/updates, James?

Can't reveal anything. Cedar Fair is really doing the Press Relations thing right this year at KI. Don't expect anything to come out until after the RK jump next week.

-James Dillaman

I was expecting something after the RK show, maybe later on before July 4th. I really wish they give it a construction page like they did Maverick. I'm not expecting webcams or anything, just a decent photo update.

There will at least be a photo page... I really hope they change all the sites over to the CP style webpage sooner than later. I want a KI online store!

Have you seen the Media Center? It's really nice. Photos, Videos.