TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No beast.

The layout won't really affect the Beast very much. It'll be back in the woods, but not really in the same vicinity. The Beast will still have the same feeling as before, but the view from the second lift hill will be vastly different.

-James Dillaman

^Kinzelhawk

I can't help but be curious how massive this ride is going to be. I mean, they started footer work and major construction in April. It's pretty rare for construction to start that early on a coaster. Now, I'm not suggesting that this thing is going to be some kind of record breaker or anything. I just wonder if it's going to be bigger than I initially imagined.

I'm not hearing record breaker, although SoB MIGHT not be the tallest coaster in the park anymore...

Seriously, If they were building another record breaker, it would have been at Cedar Point. The installation of Maverick proves that a ride doesn't have to break records to be a hit with the public. That opens the door for better quality rides, as Cedar Fair doesn't have to invest $25 million plus in just ride infrastructure alone.

-James Dillaman

No beast.

The layout won't really affect the Beast very much. It'll be back in the woods, but not really in the same vicinity. The Beast will still have the same feeling as before, but the view from the second lift hill will be vastly different.

-James Dillaman

HAHA!!! YES! That's what I wanted to hear! It will be strange to have a roller coaster that will be 10x better than anything in the park (except Drop Tower!). I'll be riding that thing SO much!

This coaster's going to be SICK!

Thanks for the info, James!

EDIT: Ignore me for seeming to jump to conclusions really fast. I'm just in a really good mood right now.

As am I. It'd be annoying to have 2 hypers in the park, but if this thing actually has some content to the ride, I'll let that slide. Besides, I hardly count SoB as anything but firewood anymore.

James,

The hints are cool. Other than it being a B&M hyper I don't know exactly what this ride is going to do. However, I've heard of the possibility of the first drop not being the tallest (after it's initial lift that is) is this something you are allowed to confirm?

I'm hoping the layout is creative enough in that the terrain is used and that speed through the woods is something that we'll see on the ride. That'd be sweet!

~Rob

Well i got a phone call from my source today and he said be careful because he doesn't want things to get traced back to him, so I won't be saying much more. But I can safely say, as some of the footers have already been poured that way, that it will be speeding into the Beast woods, and behind the Crypt.

All will be revealed soon enough, however I haven't heard a confirmed date for the announcement, yet.

-James Dillaman

Yeah, here's hoping it's a Hyper as well. I'm sure it will be, as I don't think Cedar Fair would give KI something that CP doesn't have. Dive Machines are great and all, but they are very abbreviated rides with poor pacing (mid-course kills) it. I'd much rather see a hyper, which I'm sure we will.

I also hope that they aren't actually doing a splashdown. Splash downs are about as gimmicky as they come. They provide almost nothing for the ride experience and only give a cool visual effect for the people who aren't on the ride.

Either way though, I'm dying to find out the details. James hints are killing me!

I'm honestly stumped now. After looking at the shots at KICentral, I can tell that it wont be a tunnel or anything. COULD be a splash, but I've got my money on it not being a DM (since those things tend to be short, and this will cover LOTS of land)

NOT a Dive Machine. It's A Hyper. There will be a lake, though. You have to remember they took out Swan Lake. Also looking at Maverick, which is similarily themed in terms of the section of the park (Frontierland - Rivertown) Water is used but only for the ride to go over.

-James Dillaman