TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ There were many days when they only loaded the front and back rows anyway, and many empty seats because when loaded at full capacity, there was a lot of breakdowns. It sounds to me like they're trying to get a more reliable ride, which in this ride's case, could be much better for overall daily capacity than the larger ride capacity.

-James Dillaman

Wait...they took an entire ROW out of The Crypt? Wow, way to completely defeat the entire purpose of a giant top spin. Nice going, Cedar Fair!

I really don't see how that defeats the purpose of a giant top spin. Just because it only had three rows? It still picks you up high, spins you around, does those slow flips foreward and back; just without the row. It's still a giant.

Right now, I'm saying thanks, CF.

I haven't been on Tomb Rai...eh I mean The Crypt since it first opened.

I just never really liked it much. Not to mention it was like getting punched in the balls when it holds you upside down. Wait, does it still do that with the new program? I might have to ride it sometime this year...

I just never really liked it much. Not to mention it was like getting punched in the balls when it holds you upside down. Wait, does it still do that with the new program? I might have to ride it sometime this year...

People over exagerate on the crotch pain way to much. Especially younger riders. *coughtwelvetosixteenyearolds* I used to, too...it wasn't that funny. It hurts your head or shoulders since that's where the weight is being pulled; atleast that's my experiance.

No holding this year. But there is one part wher......I won't give it away.

People over exagerate on the crotch pain way to much. Especially younger riders. *coughtwelvetosixteenyearolds* I used to, too...it wasn't that funny. It hurts your head or shoulders since that's where the weight is being pulled; atleast that's my experiance.

No holding this year. But there is one part wher......I won't give it away.

Oh come on! Your actually going to make me ride to find out? lol...But I really shouldn't be the one to complain since I've only been on it like 3 times. Oh well now I have to ride it...And I was pretty young when I rode it.

^^ I believe its more than just younger riders.... Ive heard people complaining of crotch pain at vortex at carowinds, If you ride properly, you wont recieve any pain at all, and I have even ridden it with my feet barely touching the floor, still havent gotten any pain...

For the crypt, i never felt any pain, a little discomfort one of the times they held you upside down, but it wasnt bad.

The program, when first run, was deemed too intense by 3 of the full-timers on staff at KI, but even the "toned-down" program is still way more intense than most other topspins around.

Also, I have confirmed that the new coaster going in is definitely a B&M hyper. It's also going to be themed to Rivertown. Word is, the same station that Maverick has at Cedar Point will be used, or at the least the same style.

The trains are 99% confirmed to be Behemoth-styled trains, or at least the same seating arrangement. There will also be points when the ride crosses over the midway, which is something rare at KI.

Cedar Fair has also given headsets to the crews of the Beast, the Racer, and Delerium. More crews may be given headsets in the time to come, but this helps a lot with capacity and getting crowds into riding the different rides.

All my information comes from inside sources who currently work at the park, but I can't reveal their names, for obvious reasons.

-James Dillaman

The program, when first run, was deemed too intense by 3 of the full-timers on staff at KI, but even the "toned-down" program is still way more intense than most other topspins around.

Also, I have confirmed that the new coaster going in is definitely a B&M hyper. It's also going to be themed to Rivertown. Word is, the same station that Maverick has at Cedar Point will be used, or at the least the same style.

The trains are 99% confirmed to be Behemoth-styled trains, or at least the same seating arrangement. There will also be points when the ride crosses over the midway, which is something rare at KI.

Cedar Fair has also given headsets to the crews of the Beast, the Racer, and Delerium. More crews may be given headsets in the time to come, but this helps a lot with capacity and getting crowds into riding the different rides.

All my information comes from inside sources who currently work at the park, but I can't reveal their names, for obvious reasons.

-James Dillaman

Good news, good news. I'm not sure if I'm liking the new trains, but I'll have to read some more reviews. I hope this B&M isn't just up and down, up and down, like Goliath or Behemoth. I hope it's something more original.

-JZ

I hope this B&M isn't just up and down, up and down, like Goliath or Behemoth. I hope it's something more original.

But isn't that the purest definition of a B&M hyper....or for that matter, a roller coaster in general?

What separates these types of coasters is location, and interaction with the elements/terrain/spectators (i.e SFOG's Goliath leaving the park and crossing the walking paths). Hopefully, KI will take full advantage of their land.

I hope this B&M isn't just up and down, up and down, like Goliath or Behemoth. I hope it's something more original.

But isn't that the purest definition of a B&M hyper....or for that matter, a roller coaster in general?

What separates these types of coasters is location, and interaction with the elements/terrain/spectators (i.e SFOG's Goliath leaving the park and crossing the walking paths). Hopefully, KI will take full advantage of their land.

I meant to say Canadian Goliath. Just a hill, bump, bump, turn, bump, bump and brakes; seems a little boring to me. Something like Nitro or Goliath at SFOG is what I'm expecting.

Goliath at SFOG and Apollo's chariot are two of my favorites and if Kings Island's new ride is anything like those it'll I'll be happy, big giant air machine, in the woods, yeah

Hey why not go ahead and break the record for steel coaster length while they're at it, longest steel coaster right next to the longest wood coaster ?

I thinks it;s a decent combination

I'm hittin kings island up sometime in two weeks after graduation, can't wait

I meant to say Canadian Goliath. Just a hill, bump, bump, turn, bump, bump and brakes; seems a little boring to me. Something like Nitro or Goliath at SFOG is what I'm expecting.

Honestly, a very basic out and back hyper with a ton of air would kick the CRAP out of everything else at KI.

From a friend in Ohio that has been by the plant where the B&M track is made. There is a lot of hyper style track out in the yard, it is not painted yet. So track work will probably be later in the summer before you start to see any real track work. I would figure they will continue to do footer work and work on the rumored splash area, along with current station work. They still have a long way to go and lots to do before its absolutly necessary to put the track up. Plus they may have a certain schedule set up to do things in a certain orde so it may just be the way they have things set up to be installed. Once track starts to show up then we will all know about when vertical construction will start.

From a friend in Ohio that has been by the plant where the B&M track is made. There is a lot of hyper style track out in the yard, it is not painted yet. So track work will probably be later in the summer before you start to see any real track work. I would figure they will continue to do footer work and work on the rumored splash area, along with current station work. They still have a long way to go and lots to do before its absolutly necessary to put the track up. Plus they may have a certain schedule set up to do things in a certain orde so it may just be the way they have things set up to be installed. Once track starts to show up then we will all know about when vertical construction will start.

Thanks! I can't wait for this ride!