TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ And that's supposed to show....... what?

Can't you see the gunmen on the grassy knoll? This is proof positive that there is no way Oswald could have killed Kennedy.

The extreme irony of this is that I watched the video of his assasination at school today...

No...it sucks! There goes the hope of rivertown actually become Rivertown.
I lost hope in that when they put in Tomb Raider...Maybe they can rename it adventureville or something to the like? If you think about it, Beast is a trip to the unknown like Fury will be. TR:TR was an adventure ride when the effects worked, and the train....is a train.

From "The Ohioan":

Cedar Fair Announces New Coaster-A Throwback To The Old Times

"Dick Kinzel today announced the new project for King's Island, an amusement park located just north of the metropolitan Cincinnati area. The coaster, which will debut in spring of 2009 will be a hybrid coaster unlike any ever constructed before. "Rivertown Mule Train" will be a Bolliger and Mabillard design steel frame design which will feature live burros or pack-mules as a means of conveyance. The ride which will meander along an almost one mile path and will travel at the stately pace of 4-6 m.p.h depending on the whims of the live animals tethered to and propelling the ride. Riders sitting in the front row will be handed small whips or spurs to encourage a faster experience. "In all my days with the amusement park business, I've never see a ride more truly interactive," said Kinzel.

The ride will feature a gentle terrain hugging profile with numerous curves and intervals where riders can dismout while the animals feed from specifically located troughs throughout the course. Kinzel said, "At each rest stop there will be kiosks selling upcharge items like French Fries, Cedar Fair merchandise, and real fur pellets from lookalike French and Indian traders. At these locations, we'll also be selling larger whips for the mules to spur them on to complete the journey. At some point, we may add a Karaoke machine."

Riders in the front row are also eligible to purchase T-shirts and other insignia which proclaims "I kicked ASS on The Rivertown Mule Train".

Look for this ride if you happen to venture to the Ohio Valley in 2009.

From "The Ohioan":

"Dick Kinzel today announced the new project for King's Island, an amusement park located just north of the metropolitan Cincinnati area. The coaster, which will debut in spring of 2009 will be a hybrid coaster unlike any ever constructed before. "Rivertown Mule Train" will be a Bolliger and Mabillard design steel frame design which will feature live burros or pack-mules as a means of conveyance. The ride which will meander along an almost one mile path and will travel at the stately pace of 4-6 m.p.h depending on the whims of the live animals tethered to and propelling the ride. Riders sitting in the front row will be handed small whips or spurs to encourage a faster experience. "In all my days with the amusement park business, I've never see a ride more truly interactive," said Kinzel.

The ride will feature a gentle terrain hugging profile with numerous curves and intervals where riders can dismout while the animals feed from specifically located troughs throughout the course. Kinzel said, "At each rest stop there will be kiosks selling upcharge items like French Fries, Cedar Fair merchandise, and real fur pellets from lookalike French and Indian traders. At these locations, we'll also be selling larger whips for the mules to spur them on to complete the journey. At some point, we may add a Karaoke machine."

Riders in the front row are also eligible to purchase T-shirts and other insignia which proclaims "I kicked a$$ on The Rivertown Mule Train".

LMAO! At first I got excited see "CF Announces..."

Awesome! !

• 1 month later...
From "The Ohioan":

Riders in the front row are also eligible to purchase T-shirts and other insignia which proclaims "I kicked a$$ on The Rivertown Mule Train".

Ugh. I fell for it. (laughs at own gullability) Think they'll still sell the souvenir larger whips?

From "The Ohioan":

LOL!!!

What the press release failed to mention was that there will be aproximently 274 trashcans per rest stop for riders convenience.

I can't really say Kings Island has potential. I define potential as the ability to be great or to exceed expectations. It was once a magnificant park, that was one of the best. Now it just has to rebuild, but even if it hits the level it once had it would just be a return to what it was, then it could look at future potential.

For those who went in the 80's this place is just a sad shell of what it once was.

For those who went in the 80's this place is just a sad shell of what it once was.

Isn't that true for most of the major theme parks today? (and by theme parks I do not include Cedar Point, it was and always will be an Amusement Park) They are all a sad shell of what they used to be. Once they strayed from the "theme formula" they kind of lost their magic.

Busch Parks (and of course Disney) are the exceptions. Both of the Busch Gardens theme parks have stayed true to their themes and to this day have exceeded my expectations! I doubt there will ever be a Ninja ride built in the Italy or Congo section of either park.

They have come up with very creative and original names that are very marketable and tie in nicely with the theme areas that reside in.

I can't really say Kings Island has potential. I define potential as the ability to be great or to exceed expectations. It was once a magnificant park, that was one of the best. Now it just has to rebuild, but even if it hits the level it once had it would just be a return to what it was, then it could look at future potential.

Rant....

I'm going to agree. I don't think Kings Island as a whole will be able to exceed expectations. Maybe in a few ways: Like the Nick U or possibly a coaster. The park will have to have a huge turn around to be an excellent park. Sadly, I can't see that happening. I like to go to Kings Island and I have fun with my friends...but I have more fun hanging out and talking with them than I would riding a ride. The park itself only has a few POSITIVELY standing rides IMO - Drop Zone, Firehawk, Beast, and Top Gun, and Delirium. And not all those are rides that should be a LARGE park's icon! Maybe the Beast because of the age, and it's old school rep...but this is the present. Vortex isn't the coaster with most inversions, FoF isn't the only launch coaster, Beast isn't the beast it was, King Cobra was recently demolished, and Racer is not the tallest and fastest. Plus, they wasted money on SOB, and didn't make many improvements. Hopefully we will get this B&M. It will be something new and something that everyone would enjoy for quite a while.

-J "Rant over..." Z

Isn't that true for most of the major theme parks today? (and by theme parks I do not include Cedar Point, it was and always will be an Amusement Park) They are all a sad shell of what they used to be. Once they strayed from the "theme formula" they kind of lost their magic.

Busch Parks (and of course Disney) are the exceptions. Both of the Busch Gardens theme parks have stayed true to their themes and to this day have exceeded my expectations! I doubt there will ever be a Ninja ride built in the Italy or Congo section of either park.

They have come up with very creative and original names that are very marketable and tie in nicely with the theme areas that reside in.

I agree, and with that body of knowledge you have i wouldn,t want to argue the point anyway. I will say that I feel this park has regressed the most out of parks I visited in the 80's and still today. I believe it has definately fallen the farthest. Personally I fell Cedar Point is a close second as I also think the park sucks now compared to back in the day.

For me, more coasters usually means worse park.

^ WOW! So negative. Cedar Point a close second? I know everyone has their opinion and I certainly respect that. However, CP has become an amusement park icon around the world, just as SFMM has. To say that it has regressed almost as much as KI tells me that you simply don't like the park. In fact, during the 80's most people would rather go to KI over CP. Now the opposite is true. When people talk about roller coasters and amazing parks, Cedar Point is always on the top list. It is always ranked the #1 park for years, even though many of you would disagree. It may have had more trees in the 80's but the draw was not there as it is today. People do not go to CP for themeing or trees. They go to ride roller coasters.

It seems real strange to me that so many people, like the above poster, are never happy with anything certain parks do. It is because of the parks progression from the 80's that so many people go out of their way to visit CP. The strategy that Kinzel has come up with is to build big, fast, and unique coasters and become "Americas Roller Coast." He seems to have accomplished what he set out to do and I, like most, love the park because of it.

If you are jealous or don't like CP, thats fine! Who cares, but you don't have to make bone headed comments all the time, that make no sense at all! LOL