TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to KI around 12:15. Went straight to Son of Beast....it was testing! Video will show line and stuff, but to tell it short, we waited an hour before it opened, then got on the last car front seat.

Son of Beast Review

I was very nervous....the G-Trains are comfortable and the lap bars are PADDED! The train rolled out of the station and it bumped a bit as we headed to the lift. It seemed just a bit better than the old Son of Beast before. As we climbed the lift, it was still loud as usual....maybe even louder! (see video) So we go down the small drop and inch over to the 200ft drop. There was some airtime! I was really shocked at that point because it was also smooth! Smooth and airtime! After the drop, you speed up the second hill (FLYING over it compared to the old trains) and some floater air on the second drop! But here is where the ugly side shows. The first helix is very rough at the bottom, don't get me wrong it is a HUGE improvement, but still! It was rough....then you head into some brakes and down the drop to where the loop would be. Well, instead, there is a small speed bump (see Thunder Dolphin!) and curve to right. It didn't do much, but you could fell a gentle push out of your seat...nothing really. As you head up to the second helix, there are some more head choppers! Yay! The second helix was fun, a few bumps...then up and over a hill to turn around, then dive down and up into the really hard brakes! All and all it was a fun ride! I'm glad it was back open, but I'm going to stay in that seat for a while Too afraid to see what the other seats are like. So lets review.

+The new trains! More leg room, padded bars and seat belts!

+Airtime on the first drop!

+Not as rough as it used to be in a LOT of places!

+They crew was really good with running the trains! No stacking!

+New credit

+These seats are kind high, you down sink into them like the old ones...better views!

-Loud, odd squeaks and screeches all over the ride

-Still rough areas

And I got to go on The Racer, it was running AWESOME today! There was airtime all throughout the ride! Ops were allowing re-rides! (9times)

Vortex was good today! Front is very forceful through the loops and batwing!

Firehawk learned a new trick today! It was able to keep a 2 hour line while running one train op with an empty train! Yup, the only train running was empty, it ran empty for like....5 circuits! It later got the second train on the track because they stopped running the other one

I love you, Firehawk

**Videos and Pics on the way**

dscn3021dv9.jpg.415ec06330038f561d1180214d06c573.jpg

Happy Fifth of July!

By the way, I rode in the red train, the thrid train of the day But these G-Trains looks funky and are many times better than the old ones.

Picture time!

Skies weren't too promising when I arrived...

....but got sunnier as we waited for SoB to open!

Garuntee you haven't seen this before!

A lot of important looking people are here

My first look at the new logo...no more loop!

Some more detail

Oh boy...time to ride...

Hey, I won't be afraid to sit in the back anymore. I still remember how bad this was with the old trains. I had the biggest headache almost every time. I'm glad to hear that there's airtime on it now. How is the air. Is it the best in the park, or does Vortex still have that title?

Aww Man! Just miss it by 5 days! I can't wait to be back in August! I'm planning on it thou! I will catch you SOB! And hopefully I can find a volunteer child who is willing to let me ride with him/her on Little Bill's Giggle Coaster!

Nice photos and I can't wait to see the videos!

Hey, I won't be afraid to sit in the back anymore. I still remember how bad this was with the old trains. I had the biggest headache almost every time. I'm glad to hear that there's airtime on it now. How is the air. Is it the best in the park, or does Vortex still have that title?

Racer has best air over all, but Vortex has best air for a first drop.

Vortex, Racer, SoB, Top Gun.

More Pics!

Firehawk and its one ghost-train operations

Racer (Forwards in the back car) has the best airtime at KI!

My #2 wooden coaster...would have been a cool pics of the trains were there, but I would have only caught one since the ops never raced them. Did I mention it's through the trees?

Mmm...I like fast, non concussion-inducing helixes

Full frontal, Derek.

Racer

Since everyone loves Delirium, I will leave you guys with this! Thanks for reading!

Ummmm, those G-trains aren't heavily padded like you said. That's exactly the way they looked 9 months ago at the Pavilion. No extra padding or anything.

Yay for hard rubber padding! Yay for G-trains!

Zip up your videos before you upload them. The only extensions that seem to work correctly for proper streaming are WMV's and MPG's. Those AVI's nearly crashed my browser.

I deleted the videos. Please repost with zipped up versions. Thanks.

Today I got to take two rides on the all new Son Of Beast at Kings Island. For both trips today I rode the blue train. The first time on I rode in the middle and it was very smooth ride with a lot of air time. The second time I sat in the front car and it was a little ruff in some areas, but 100% better than the last three years.

I also rode it on thursday right when it opened, i sat in the front seat and it was really smooth except at the bottom of the 1st helix,the airtime was good too. I rode it 3 times that day and on the last ride i went to the back of the front car, and it was horrible because the cart felt loose, you feel loads of bumps. But overall its alot better.

Here's a little update. Kings Island is clearing out all Paramount things! Infront of almost every store, it said:

"50% off all Paramount marked items!"

So expect more of a CF park soon, for better or worse.

Oh yea, a man had a heart attack waiting in line for Firehawk. (hey, it was 95* out, too....)