TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Ongoing Kings Island Update Thread!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"X-Base- Experimental Testing Flight Training Site" haha

Definitely sounds like something out of Paramount's cheey-a$$ theming department. You would think Top Gun should also be near this "flight training site", yet it's several thousand feet away.

Cool trip report man, I'm surprised the park was that dead. I've never been to Kings Island with light crowds - must be nice.

Thanks, Griffon!

^I do think the theme is nice next to FoF, yet FoF is like....alien themed. Top Gun is about flight. I think the logo is a LOT better than what they showed online...and I hope 'X-Base' becomes a new area in the park. We have the land to expand!

^ OMG I didn't see that coming!!!

Oh wait, yeah I saw that coming the moment they announced it was moving here from GL. And all the PKI fanboys didn't understand why those of us who were familiar with this coaster weren't excited by the prospect of it coming here...

-James Dillaman

After work yesterday, I got inline for Firehawk around 6:30PM. I waited about 1/2 hour and it was shut down for weather, and Drop Zone was still running! Best thing is, I got a shirt! I would have been one of the first 2,500 riders, but I didnt even ride. Haha!

Anyone want to meet up at KI? My friends and I get out at 9:25AM after finals, so why not celebrate?! I'll most likely be wearing my TPR shirt. Most likely Ill stay till 4-6PM. PM me for phone # or RSVP here!

-Zach

EDIT: See below.

I'll try to get up there cuz I want a spin on Firehawk after just riding Batwing yesterday (I loved it, so I'm expecting good things) Anyways, I'm supposed to hang with my friend this afternoon, but if I can squeeze it in I'll be there.

Well, I got my 60th credit on Firehawk today! I waited 1 1/2 hours total to get on and off. Still one train op. The op said that there was a breaken sensor on the other train. (With every restrain lock, there is a sensor; every lap bar, seat belt) So they are checking everything on that. It was about 91* degrese out and after someone in line passed out, they gave us free water! Hour and a half go by of slow moving, and we finally get to the station. I am happy to hear the ops getting everyone excited; a sign of CF work, and I REALLY like that. The seats are more uncomfortable than I remembered, especially on your back and chest :\ It is still a great ride. Smooth as glass and a quick lift....BORG's was slow and silent, I liked it. Firehawk's is loud and quick. Overall, a very fun ride. Loop is forceful, smooth transitions. The station is still meh to me...but I really really like the colors. Goes well behind FoF. I hope X-Base becomes a whole new area.

Firehawk > BORG Assimilator

I like BORG's theme and atmosphere 100000 times better, but hey; it's " new"

I liked the corkscrews alot better than the barrel rolls. They are fun, but nothing great. But...the helix made up for it. Could have been the best part of the ride!

Flirehawk and FoF each had about an hour wait because of the popular area. Everything else was under 20 minutes!

I got rides on:

Drop Zone - 4 <3

Delirium - 2

Racer (B) - 2

Top Gun - 3

Face/Off - 2 (ow, my ears)

Beast - 2 (nice and smooth! But the trims take away any airtime D': )

Firehawk - 1

Vortex - 1

IJST - 1 (heavy staking...crew today sucked)

It was a good, very hot day. I was expecting higher crowds.

Firehawk #1 coaster at KI? Psh, nah. It's just a fun ride. Go on Drop Zone or FoF or something......

PS - my camera is still broken

I'll be working tomorrow and Sunday. I work in the blue section (Coney Mall...name is Zach. Say hi!)

Firehawk > BORG Assimilator

I like BORG's theme and atmosphere 100000 times better, but hey; it's " new"

I liked the corkscrews alot better than the barrel rolls. They are fun, but nothing great. But...the helix made up for it. Could have been the best part of the ride!

I dont get it how can firehawk be better than BORG but you then go to say that you like borg's theme and atmo"sphere" 1000000 better and you like the corkscrews better but firehawk>BORG?? Must be a fanboy thing...

Sorry I couldn't come and meet you. All my family's cars were gone. Anyways, great to hear the positive review on Firehawk. Hopefully I can hit it sometime next week, depending on my schedual at Coney (my first shift is tommarow afternoon)