TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hi guys.This is my very first topic on this site

I will be in the good old USA in 5 weeks and I can't wait to ride the "Voyage"

Is it as rough and intense as they say it is? and has it been trimmed in any way since it opened.

As you can tell by my name Rough Rider, I do like my coasters to be a little fierce.

What are your views guys...thanks

Ryan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough as in what kind? There is Holiday World Rough and other rough. The Voyage has not been trimed in any way since opening. They have retracked it (well, some of it), but that is it. It is intense. I don't think it is rough, though. I am going tomorrow to get my Season pass to holiday world.

The ride experience on the Voyage varies greatly depending on where you sit. The very front appears to be the most smooth. Other seats can be rougher. I think the ride is better described as intense than rough, but I have had a few cycles that were pretty rough.

I suggest you ride in the middle first, Back seat second, and Front third. The front has this pause at the top of the lift that you just need to expierence, you see more of the drop and everything else. I doubted the pause at first, then I did a front seat ride.

I suggest you ride in the middle first, Back seat second, and Front third.

I'd suggest go straight to the back seat.

Why waste your first ride on a middle, less intense seat? I always like to go right for the most intense seat, to make sure my first ride is as good as possible.

But that's just my choice.

And yes, as everyone else says, Voyage is very intense, but not rough.

At least there's no massive jackhammering or shuffling like would normally be associated to a "rough" coaster.

Personally, Voyage is too much for me. By too much, I mean it's SO good, but it's such a long ride. Now, I still consider it my favorite woodie, but I like to use the phrase "too much of a good thing."

If you go for the back first, you're going to end up not liking every other seat. The best ride is in the back, in my opinion.

Voyage is an AMAZING coaster. When people say it really takes a toll on you, they mean the constant forces and never relenting airtime and Tight, tight turns. Its more of an "out of breath" thing, not so much an "I need a wheelchair" thing. If you like "Fierce" rides, Voyage will most certainly not be a let down.

This ride is completely different depending on where you sit. I went on it three times last year. You always expect some roughness on a woodie and this coaster is a huge one so I expected perhaps a bit more. Back seat...incredible. Even my woodie-hating friends were clapping at the end of the run. Very nice, out of control ride but not pounding rough. Front seat...again, awesome. Different and not quite as intense as the back, but not rough...

Then I went on it a third time. Sat in the middle, maybe 3rd or 4th car. It was HORRIBLE! The entire time I was wondering how this could differ so greatly from the ends of the train. And it makes NO SENSE. When have you ever had a rougher ride in the middle of a train? Perhaps 1 train is worse than the other and I got lucky the first 2 times. However, trust me...this coaster is temperamental. The final ride I had on Voyage SUCKED. I walked off of it with my head hurting from the vibration and my sides aching from being pounded by the cars.

I would consider Voyage to be "aggressive." While I have been on MUCH rougher coasters, it was a *little* rough for my tastes, at least for doing multiple re-rides in a row. But then again, I like smoother coasters (more of a steelie fan than a woodie fan lately).

I can see why Voyage has been ranked so highly by others as it is an amazing coaster, but for me, The Raven is still my personal favorite at Holiday World.

--Robb

Voyage isn't what I would call "rough"--by wooden coaster standards. The word I use to describe Voyage is "TURBULENT". It's so long and extreme, it just takes everything out of you. You feel worn out when you hit the brakes. Simply drained.

Voyage is an amazing coaster; but for some odd reason, I think I still prefer Raven by a tad bit.

I'm really happy to hear that The Voyage is not really rough but certainly intense ! I'm going for the first time at Holiday world in may (midweek). Should I expect good operations ? (one, two or three trains ?). Thanks

Operations are usually pretty good at Holiday World. The number of trains will depend on the crowd. I'd expect two trains during the middle of the week, but they'll likely add a third if the line picks up. This is assuming that all trains are ready for the 2007 season.

Raven and Legend will probably be running one train if it's a slow day. That's one gripe I have about Holiday World. They seem to be aggressive about taking the second train off Raven and Legend, which would bring the queue from walk-on to 10-15 minutes.

The only rough rides I had on the Voyage were in the afternoon. It seems to pick up speed a little bit and with the little speed comes a little more roughness. Even at its roughest it is not half as bad as practically any other woodie I have been on. It is definitely intense and my favorite woodie. All I need to do is find out where the LIMs are in the tunnel after the midcourse break run.

Voyage is a lot like a ride on The Beast circa 1980...

I didn't know you were able to ride it 10 years prior to your birth

In midweek May of last year we encountered some awesome 1-train operations, resulting in 15 minute waits for most rows. I liked it better up front.

I think the best way to describe the after-effects of The Voyage is to say that it's easily the most exhausting coaster you'll ever ride; while it isn't rough in the same way that many people describe "rough" woodies as being, it throws you in so many different directions, at such a break-neck rate, for such a long duration of time, that you're literally out of breath when it's all over.

I myself love rough coasters, I love being thrown around and coming off with bruises (and actually felt underwhelmed at the supposed roughness of the much-maligned Son of Beast), and The Voyage is definitely my favorite. If you like when a ride tosses you around like a bucking bronco, then this is definitely for you.

I think what others have said about Voyage being an "exhausting" ride is about right. It's an incredibly long ride and it's intense through probably about 3/4 of it. You get thrown around a lot, but it's not a "OW OW OW WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS" kind of thrown around. At the end of the ride, on almost every circuit I went on, I was out of breath and just thinking "...wow."

It's an amazing ride, certainly my favourite in the park, as I thought Raven was underwhelming and Legend just wasn't very good at all.

My first ride on the Voyage was in the back, and I loved it. I also rode it in the fron and middle, and found each ride to be just as exciting and intense.

Rough? Not at all. In fact, it was so fast, you really don't have time to think about anything else. I look forward to riding it again this summer.

Enjoy~!