TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CF Maxx Pass Observation...

So I'm moving out to MO and then SC in late June/early July, and on the way out my (soon wife) and I will be doing a mini CF trip to VF, WOF, and CP (for now).

Anywho, was just checking out the price for the CFMP and saw the prices range anywhere from $84 (at WOF) to $150 (at KBF). Why do they do that?

So yeah, obviously we'll be buying our pass at WOF first, then up to VF followed by CP.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed the same thing, for my trip this July, i am going to buy my Maxx pass from Dorney at $106.95, but if i'd planned my trip differently, i could be paying $125.00 at Cedar Point.

If i had to, i would pay full price at every park i walked into, so really i am not bothered about $20 either way, considering the cost of a trip to the U.S.A. from Western Australia, just to get my coaster fix.....BUT, it is a good question, why the different prices?

I got my Maxx Pass for $74 at WoF with my 06 passport holder discount.

WoF is usually your best bet for a great price. VF! has been known to be good, too. You wouldn't expect it, but MIA is actually more expensive than both those two.

I don't know the exact details of each park's pricing but it comes down to the market each park is in. Cedar Point charges so much because there are three CF parks right in Ohio and the average person (not enthusiast) who has a Maxx Pass in Ohio will likely get more benefit from multiple parks with the pass than someone in Kansas City. Enthusiasts are likely the only people who shop around for Maxx Passes while most people will only consider buying them from their home CF park at a price that makes sense for their particular market.

Regardless of price, I would get the pass at the park I am going to visit the most. Before the Paramount merger, I would buy my Cedar Fair pass through Cedar Point because I went there the most because of the Joe Cool Club, which is not offered through any other then-CF-owned park. Now, I will get my MAXX Pass through Kings Island simply because I will go to KI most, even more than I will Cedar Point. If I want to get in early at CP, then I will have to stay at Breakers Express or another CP resort, to take advantage of Gold Pass Perks at KI (parking area, early rides, walk-on pass days, etc.).

Has anyone used a Maxx pass at another park yet?

I'm curious if they are scanable at the gates. Or if you have to go to guest relations like previous CF/Paramount passes.

I used my Maxx pass from King's Island at Knott's. I had to go to guest relations and get a voucher to enter the park. This was with a temporary paper Maxx pass though. I don't get my real pass until this saturday when King's Island opens.

^ Did it scan at the gate though?

ie Six Flags passes I've always walked right up to the gate and in.

Cedar Fair/Paramount I've always had to go to guest relations to get a voucher,etc.

Just curious if this is something that CF has corrected or not.

Also keep in mind that the Knott's pass is good for a year from purchase date, not just 2007 which drives the cost up a little more as well as having access to more parks in Cali. Pries are pretty much based on what F thinks people will pay for the pass (how far are they from other CF parks and all that, same reason why SF passes are different prices too)

Course I could be completely wrong about all of it too...

as well as having access to more parks in Cali.

Actually Knotts probably has the least amount of nearby parks out of all the CF parks.

Great America is quite a ways away. Even if you consider non-CF parks there's only a handful close by.

Where as the east coast parks are for the most part located in park dense areas.

^I think the high price at Knotts would be because that pass gets you into Knotts year round, while all the other CF parks are seasonal parks.

Also, remember Great America and Gilroy Gardens are also CF parks in California. People could make trips up to Northern California.

I could also see more use of the "Max Plus" pass in California, because that would get you into all of Knott's waterparks.

as well as having access to more parks in Cali.

Actually Knotts probably has the least amount of nearby parks out of all the CF parks.

Great America is quite a ways away. Even if you consider non-CF parks there's only a handful close by.

Where as the east coast parks are for the most part located in park dense areas.

I did mean more access to parks this year with the acquisition of Great America and Gilroy Gardens. The Knott's only pass is still $115, same price as last year (or at least around the same price).

And again, if you get it form knott's, It's good for a year from the date of purchase. So someone could get a CF maxx pass in June or July from Knott's of this year and use it at CF parks this year AND next year before their pass expires. Also something to consider when purchasing your pass.

^ Did it scan at the gate though?

ie Six Flags passes I've always walked right up to the gate and in.

Cedar Fair/Paramount I've always had to go to guest relations to get a voucher,etc.

Just curious if this is something that CF has corrected or not.

Yes, it scanned at the gate. My friend has a Dorney pass and he walked right in as well.