TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only spins at several parts during the ride... like from the top of the lift/first drop, the raven turns, and the half-half elements.

What is it like? It's a really fun ride, just a little rough nowadays... When I go to SFMM I usually only ride it once.

There is really no way to describe X. Its one of those rides where you have to ride it yourself to get the full experience. The videos of it just don't do it justice.

X is an experience that is meant to feel uncontrolled, but controlled at the same time. As you ascend the lift hill, a nice view from X can be seen of Magic Mountain. When you reach the top it flips you face down, and plummets towards the ground. before you reach the bottom of the vertical lift it rotates back into the seated position. From there, it was all a blur to me, all I know is that it was a once in a lifetime experience, with incredible forces, especially that last raven turn. Oh, and over the past few years the ride has aged, creating jerky rotations on the seats.

X is not free spinning. In fact two of the rails control the position or rotation of the seat. Depending on the distance of the two rails will be the angle of the seat. Using this technology you can feel as if you were flying, or riding a floorless coaster.

I'm not really sure if it has an on-ride picture. Last time I rode it I didn't see a booth for any, but knowing that this is a six flags ride, it'll probably have one. Does anyone know?

The engineering behind X's rails allow for the seats to rotate during specific spots throughout the ride. Instead of 'free spinning' throughout the ride, you are rotated into some of the scariest positions possible.

-Alex

For me riding X is an experience like nothing else. It just leaves me with a desire for more. It is amazingly awesome every time! For me the ride never gets old! It may be rough but the roughness is something I am willing to tolerate for a great ride! Yes there is an on ride photo system! And the pictures it takes are outstanding! I have 4 of me that I bought hanging in my room!

~Matthew

People tend to leave out that the ride, and especially the motion of the seats, is really bumpy/jerky. I find it fairly flowing and not too disorienting in the spinning until the last couple elements, which are just beyond bizarre and much more intense.

X is an awesome experience. It has deffinately gotten more rough over time though. As Alpenguy said, the seats do not really move in fluid motions in some areas.

After riding it 3 times in a row at WCB, I'll probally only ride it once each visit. Anyways you pretty much have to ride it yourself to fully experience it like any other ride.

In spite of it's shortcomings - slow moving line, short ride, downtime; I thought X was an awesome coaster experience. I personally haven't experienced any noticeable roughness though I haven't ridden X since 2004 (I went to MM in 05 and 06 but it was closed).

I love X!!!! That and Deja are the only rollercoasters that still make me scream out of actual fear. The drop is amazing. You just have to experience it to know what i'm talking about.

This is the best ride in the world the only reason I say SFMM is the best park in the world... mostly because of X and Goliath. (they have other good rides too)

But when X is open run there right away to avoid the 3 hours wait. It is the best coaster in the world and has gotten alittle rough (because its one of the only ones like and) but is an amazing first drop

couldent have said it better my self... I rode the front row the first time I was on it and wow...

• 2 weeks later...