TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Is Better?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Better?

• No Limits is better than RCT!
    • RCT is better than No Limits!
    • Neither matter to me... I have a life!

Ok so I searched and did not find anything similar, so here it goes. What game do you guys think is better? No Limits, or Roller Coaster Tycoon, and why? Oh and it does not matter which version of RCT you have. You can post why to any of them!

Well I like No Limits better because you can make so much stuff more realistic. Like turns. OMG it is amazing how realistic you can make one. Oh and all the coasters can have any element. I love that! What about you guys?

~Matthew

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolimits by far.... I'm all for realism. I like playing RCT2 when i just want something to do.... but when I want to build something seriously i use NoLimits.

Each one has its pros and cons:

NoLimits is a VERY powerful tool to create coasters in any shape or size, but there's no gameplay to it. You can't build parks or have guests come to it.

Roller Coaster Tycoon (all games) are AMAZING when it comes to game play, but they lack realism.

Ease of building: RCT

Realism: NL

Customizability: NL

Variety: RCT

NoLimits is much more difficult to work with, but due to the realism and overall experience of building/riding a good coaster in NoLimits beats out RCT for me. RCT would be much better if it had more realism... I mean seriously, it's not like every coaster ever made has up to two different drop/rise angles and tiny pullouts/ups!

It really depends what you want to do, build a park or create a coaster. If your board and an idea comes to mind about a coaster or if you want to recreate your favorite coaster, than its NL. But if you want to build a coaster and design a park with rides and stuff like that or even rebuild your favorite park, than its RCT3.

I think RCT and NL should join together and form, The No Limits Roller Coaster Tycoon, the most realistic coasters, rides, shops, buildings, peeps, and scenery.

NoLimits (from what i've heard) is more realistic. You can add your own supports, elements, track/element designs, ride them 1st hand etc.

RCT you can use any of the scenarios in mo. 3, share your own rides, add flat rides/thrill rides, ride them 1st hand, add music, real life situations, etc

all in all, they both have similar qualities, however, if they were to be merged into one game, it would cover all aspects really well.

Ice 'why didnt you put both?' Dragon

If NL and RCT3 formed into one game, I would NEVER buy it. Say goodbye to your frame rate, the games apply to completely different customers.

We don't literally mean put NL into RCT3. We just want the coaster building aspect of NL with the park building of RCT3.

And.. that's exactly what I wouldn't like, haha.

This topic should have been "Which is better" and feature NL, Scream Machines (Does anyone use that anymore?), and the ever-so-dead Hyper Rails as they are all coaster simulations. Or you could have had Sim Theme Park series vs RCT series.

heh, i still have Hyper Rails... I think im gonna start that up again