TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tips for Six Flags Darien Lake

The Herbster

Hi Everyone

The wife and I are going to Niagara Falls in May. I've persuaded her to stop off at SF:DL for a day of white knuckle rides. Just some questions about DL

1. Does it have Qbot?

2. Does it do single rider?

3. Are there any local 2 for 1 admissions vouchers (saw some in MacD's last year for SFGAdv)? Or any other vouchers?

4. Anything else you local guys can think of to make an excellent trip even better?

Thanks

Herbster

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darien Lake does not have Q - Bot, but it has Flashpass. (I'm not sure if they are the same, but if they are the same, then yes Darien Lake does have Q - Bot) There is no Single Rider Line, but the rides usually do not have a long wait, except for Mind Eraser, which often reaches a 40 minute wait, where Ride of Steel (formerly S:ROS) is usually 20 minutes, Viper is usually a walk on, Predator is usually about 10 minutes, and Boomerang is usually about 10 minutes.

I reccommend riding in the back for Ride of Steel. The airtime is insane! (I know, I was surprised it is such a good coaster, seeing as it is rarely talked about) I don't mind the straight sections, the airtime on the hills are definitely ejector, and lots of it. Viper is actually pretty smooth, and the head banging is really not that bad at all. Neither is Boomerang, if you ride in the front, and is not that bad in the back anyway. Mind Eraser, is much rougher, but still re ride-able. It is actually a pretty fun place at Darien Lake. Maybe I'm just a fanboy because it is my home park, and though I do see the improvements that are needed, it is still fun.

I doubt it will have Q-Bot or Flashpass. It isn't a Six Flags park anymore. They finally closed on the sale recently, and have already begun to de-Six Flags the park. You can expect a lower price in parking, lower prices on food and local vendors, and new shows. Looney Tunes stuff is being phased out.

^ Oh, yeah. I forgot that Flashpass was Six Flags exclusive. The parking has been lowered to $7, daily admission is $29.99, and $22.99 for people under 48 inches tall. (These are online prices) Two new shows are coming this year: a spin off of Cirque Du Soleil, and a Magic Show. The Cirque Du Soleil spin off (Le Grande Cirque) is opening on June 22, and I'm not sure when the Magic Show is opening.

Too early to tell. I think the 2 for 1 admission with soda promotion is also a Six Flags thing. I do know that Tops and I believe, Wegmans did allow you to buy discounted tickets at their stores. I don't know about this year, it hasn't opened yet, and again, they just finalized the sale. The only discount going on now is the online purchase option.

• 4 weeks later...

I reccommend riding in the back for Ride of Steel. The airtime is insane! (I know, I was surprised it is such a good coaster, seeing as it is rarely talked about)

Really? It regularly places in the top 10 or 15 in the Steel Coaster Poll...

^ Well, on most forums it's rarely talked about. Maybe because it is Darien Lake - the park that hasn't gotten a coaster since 1999. I didn't know it was that good. I didn't know that Darien Lake had something that can compete with other coasters in the world. I knew it was good, but not that good.