TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney Gay Days...Some questions

So after my sister graduates from highschool, we're spending two nights in Disney World. However, I just found out that Gay Days takes place on the same weekend. I have no problem with gay people but I'm just wondering what it is like and how crowded it is. I've heard people say it's very vulgar, is this true?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I've noticed about the gay days at Disneyland is that while they are wearing red, the men at least don't do much more then hold hands or hug thier significant other. Though I notice that women tend to display a little more publicly, but really it's just like any other day at the park, the only difference is that all the people who are gay stand out more because a lot of them will be wearing red.

It's not about flaunting it and making other people feel uncomfortable, it's about letting people know that they're regular people, like everyone else, they just also happen to be attracted to people of the same sex.

It's not about flaunting it and making other people feel uncomfortable, it's about letting people know that they're regular people, like everyone else, they just also happen to be attracted to people of the same sex.

Oh, that's a good thing to hear. For some reason I was under the impression that it was slightly more of a "we're here, we're queer" event than what you've described.

It is pretty crowded during this time... remember, people fly in from all over the world for Gay Days week. I've been twice and lines have gotten to about 2 - 3 hours on the major rides at Magic Kingdom (Space, Big Thunder, and Splash Mountain)... Thank god for friends that hooked us up with Fast Passes

If you want, you can go to the Gay Days website and they usually have an itinerary about what days are where... Magic Kingdom day is always on a Saturday.

As for flaunting it, there are some that will go all out (Kiss, touchy, drag queens)... but usually the crowd is good about acting like regular park guests...

The after parties though at the water parks... yeah... heh

I won't be going this year though, I'll be at SFGAdv hopefully riding El Toro and Kingda Ka for the first time, then off to BGE to hit up Griffon, then to SFoG for Goliath