• Memorial Day Weekend
    • Mid June Weekend
    • Other (please specify)
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Any Time Will Work

[uPDATE] DATES ARE NOW SCHEDULED!

SFGAm May 6th

Mt Olympus May 26th

Golfie, Cameron, and I were talking about how fun it would be if to get some TPR members together sometime around opening weekend for SFGAm. But we need you feedback to pick the date that will work the best for the most people possible!

This is not an official meet. This WILL NOT include any perks!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reccomendation - Just pick a day and tell people that's when the meet is. The moment you give everyone an "option" everyone will want to do something different. But if you tell people "This is when we're meeting" if people want to go bad enough, they'll make it work within their schedule.

Just my 2 cents. Skip the poll process and just set a date.

--Robb

I agree on that.

Either way, SFGAm is only about three hours from me and I still need that mouse credit...

Every other time I've went I've had a terrible time but hey, I'm up for an informal.

Clay "let us know, I'll try and be there!" Lamanske

^^ Agreed, I've had that problem before when trying to set up get-togethers. As long as you give people enough advance notice they'll make it work.

Not to mention if you wait until August (or just go again) when the TPR Mid-West trip is in town you'll be able to meet even more TPR members. You wouldn't get any of the perks but you'll see more of us.

Being we and the park are in Wisconsin, sometime in mid June would be a very good idea rather than opening weekend. Mid June is more like "Don't worry, it is summer rather than "Oh, it's snowing a bit today and only 30* outside - we're going to have fuuun!"

Either way, though, I'm excited!

I like thecoasterkid's idea, too. But even if we do have a meet-up at SFGAm earlier in the year, I'd still meet up with TPR at SFGAm, so it doesn't really matter.

My advice is to pick a day where it absolutely CANNOT be snowing (Late May and beyond) and go from there.

But can you set up a table with "Theme Park Review" on it to make us feel special?

I think I will let the poll go for one more week. Just to see what people really would rather do. Because opening weekend is like "woohoo its opening, and cold, and raining, and dead"...but there are the least crowds. And Memorial day weekend is like "happy memorial day, its 95 degrees, its kind of busy, summers around the corner, I need to study for exams". And mid June is like "no school, summer job, starting to get busy on weekends, its hot, water park is open"...at least for me any way. But everyone else will have there different opinion.

But it seems that opening weekend Sunday will probably be the best choice. Although, every different site seems to have a different date for opening. Because for one, opening day is never usually that bad. And the next Sunday, if crappy outside, is like zero lines for anything...but that leads to more rides closed.

And its not like we cant do this more then once. I mean, for all the people that live really close by, I'm sure they would have no problem meeting up more then once.

I won't be able to make it opening weekend: Saturday I'm already going with a group of friends .. and Sunday I'll be at Indy Beach. My suggestion would actually be for midweek in June (after school is out) as the park is typically very quiet.

Like Matt I'm very close, so I can usually make it up there pretty quickly and at short notice (provided I don't already have plans).

Cameron.

I live about 3 hours south of SFGAm, don't know how far MtO is from there but eh, I'm always down.

Either way, let us know for sure when you get both set up (sorta set up, haha)...I'd love to make it out.

Clay "never actually been to a meet, formal or informal!" Lamanske

I think I found some of the best meet up times and dates.

May 6th- SFGAm

May 26th- Mt Olympus

Then any other SFGAm meet ups in June can be discusses at a later time.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TAKE AWAY A POLL?

Well for May 6th. It depends how many people need to get a season pass renewed or issued. But I would say, meet at 9:30 at the season pass entrance. And stay until the park closes.

Also, if anyone is interested in a white caste "CRAVE CASE" for lunch, I would be able to arrange that

^White castle... I think I just threw up a little! I'd rather have something remotely healthy... like fried vegetables in the park... yum! Mt. O meet-up sounds much more doable for me than the SFGAm (because I've been promising to take some friends on opening day since December, plus I don't want it to be awkward between them and you guys)

I'm pretty sure I can make it. We should do this more often; maybe get some other TPR members doing this at other people's home parks. Also, just to get things straightened out, is it FOR SURE Sunday, May 6th, 9:30 at the fastpass enterances?

BTW, WHITE CASTLE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! But its not the fast pass line, i meant the season pass line

-May 6th

-Sunday

-9:00>9:30 (ish) I don't know how long it will take for everyone for there season passes.

But I would bring some money for fast pass if needed. I don't think we will have to....IF they even have it that day.

Alright if you can make it post "YES" so i know who is coming for sure!