TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: E3 - Electronics Entertainment Expo

And finally...the last of the E3 photos! I hope you have enjoyed the update!

e3_90.jpg.777401c583d7bb64bb2096fd4ab351cf.jpg

I found out more about the co-op mode. You can see there ARE two little characters on the screen, and you have to work together to push your Katamari around. So that's it! Hope you enjoyed the E3 pics!

e3_89.jpg.cff5468f6d6f494a9aa34067838cdc2c.jpg

Yo, King...c'mon man...it's not THAT small.

e3_88.jpg.0a0562c0e09708d5d35adfeb89d9030b.jpg

And we'll wrap up this E3 update with a couple more shots of Katamari just because it's THAT cool.

e3_116.jpg.92baf483ce78cadefceb54ef605e4694.jpg

Oh, man...this gets the "Best Of Kentia Hall" award....Yes, kids, be sure to get your hands on an UZI!!!!! Yes...an UZI!!!! Wow...

e3_115.jpg.816216d048a64ea3cb3b378821b044fe.jpg

Don't you want to play the "Wack the paddle around in the air at your TV set to hit the tennis ball on the screen" game???

e3_114.jpg.c21503cd57414650115a10b243ab1b05.jpg

Ahh, more wacky Kentia Hall stuff...here is the virtual "boxing glove" game!

e3_108.jpg.a750692912c427ec762a663fc5db4953.jpg

Ok, this was depressing. When I see a Sega Genesis/CD is now considered a clasic, I REALLY feel old!!!!

e3_113.jpg.7631fc58f6403d3dd4511f33daf9187e.jpg

It was a VERY impressive collection of things that remind me I'm very old. =(

e3_112.jpg.9a778346130fe00dd96c600479288660.jpg

Oh, wait, no...the ColecoVision takes that award!

e3_111.jpg.8eb0f85ca953492df284f9615e17dd0b.jpg

Ahh, the Vectrex. Probably still my favorite of the classic systems.

e3_107.jpg.3c590ccb59ba097ea8604498fd78e20f.jpg

I bet people don't even remember that the Intellivision had a computer attachement!

e3_106.jpg.e325ec4f3191ed2a665a9e80a9517963.jpg

Good 'ol Atari 2600 classics.

e3_110.jpg.e383c65889d9722cf92e3e2e4f36560a.jpg

One of the cool things in Kentia Hall this year was the "History of Video Games" display.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentia Hall is the best part of E3!!! As Robb's photos showed, there is a lot of random bizarreness to be had, and some occasionally cool stuff too. Lots of stuff you'll never see in stores in the US, too.

The latest Game Informer has a little bit of information about the new Katamari. Sounds really cool, especially the co-op mode, which could be fun at drunk parties...

dt

what? Sega CD old? I think not.

I still own a Sega CD and 32X - after that I got an Xbox (yea, I skipped a few consoles - got into PC)

Am I the only one who thinks the Xbox 360 has the potential for huge suckness? ONLY wireless controllers? Am I understanding this right? What happens if there is a tournament - that sounds like a disaster of wireless signals being crossed. Also, I like my consoles to lay flat. The standing up design just doesn't work for me. I have a nice electronics rack in my home theater, if I had an Xbox 360 at the top standing up like that, it would just look silly. So if I ever do get an Xbox 360 (which won't be until it drops to $150 or Halo 3) I will take it out of that case and put it in an original Xbox case.

What platform is the Nightmare Before Christmas game for?

^ It was like an hour wait, and I being that I don't wait for roller coasters, I'm sure as hell NOT going to wait to see a video game demo!

The Nintendo booth looked really cool, though. Probably IMO the most organized out of the console booths. It was very easy to find what game you were looking for.

--Robb "I should have brought in my DS for the download station, but there was no time..." Alvey

^^ I described what you have to do in Katamari IN THIS THREAD!!!! Read it!

^ I don't really have an opinion on either of those systems right now that would sway my vote one way or the other. I do however really like the idea of being able to download Nintendo 64, SNES, and NES games for the Revolution!

--Robb

But with all those retrogames, it should be named Evolution instead of Revolution. So far, nothing that made me go "wow, I want this" contrary to the huge improvement in physics & graphics and the total multimedia-package of the xbox360 and ps3.

Still waiting for information about the Revolution controllers though...

There should be an E4. Electronic Entertainment Expo Europe. 8)

We already have the HUGE CeBIT which focusses on electronics, gadgets...in general: hardware. But a big software/games exhibit is missing.

I also like my consoles to lie flat, not stand upright. and i like the price to be less than $300 for a system. games are steep to me at 50 bucks a pop. talk of raising that for new games to 55 or 60 will only make me wait longer to pay up.

www.fileplanet.com has video of the new zelda game. over 30 minutes worth of footage. they also have lots of other video footage from e3 for various games.

Loved the pics Robb!

Awesome TR. I really didn't have the patience to follow the E3 coverage, just way too much of it.

I got the quick and painless version here.

That Coleco brings back some memories. That was my first video game system(we had that and an Adam, nothing like playing Buck Rogers on a cassete tape). Actually I can even remember playing mouse trap I beleive it was while the drunks across the street were stabbing people or some other mayhem. The cops came over to see if I had heard something. I just shrugged and said I was playing video games all night. 8)

I also like my consoles to lie flat, not stand upright. and i like the price to be less than $300 for a system. games are steep to me at 50 bucks a pop. talk of raising that for new games to 55 or 60 will only make me wait longer to pay up.

All new consoles can be put horizontally or vertically.

Less than $300 ? Why don't you ask them to give it for free...these new consoles have more power than a $3000 PC out there. And the price will drop after a year.

Games for consoles are already $75 here in Belgium.

Expensive country.

Great TR Robb, much better than some of the gamer sites I tried to browse to get E3 info. They were uniformly crappy, too much PR/media hype and spin and no info.

As soon as you posted the Batz-maru game photo it screamed Elissa must buy this. See anything interesting for the PSP? Picked one up and its pretty great, love being able to xfer movies from DVD/PC to my PSP so I can watch em while travelling.

So if those booth babes are coming to the BBQ I may just have to fly out there...

That was better than anything I'll see on TV on E3... Thanks!

I'm going to try not to sound like a suck-up, but the Call of Duty booth was amazing!

And, undending waves of nostalgia washed over me when I saw the Intellivision photo! Man, I still remember heaving the controller against the wall when I got killed after reaching 1,000,000 in Tron Deadly Discs... those sensitive controllers did not enjoy being heaved...

As a communications professional (I know, hard to tell by some of my blathering posts...) I'd be interested in knowing how one becomes a writer for a game company... either PR or in-game?

^I actually used to do PR for a game company, so I can answer that question. First, a lot of game companies outsource their PR work to established PR firms now, so if you are running your own business, you might want to look into picking up work that way. For those that still do it in house, you going to have a MUCH easier time if you have any sort of game experience, even if it's just working in tech support or being a game tester. If you have some sort of background in technology marketing and/or amazing PR job experience, then the best thing to do is look at company websites and watch for open positions, as well as checking out places like gamejobs.com or Gamasutra.

Let me tell you up front that the pay you'll recieve working PR in the game industry is lower than you'd get elsewhere. And a lot of time will be spent doing dull tasks like mailing out copies of games for review, or rewriting a press release 5000 times until everyone in the company has gotten a chance to change a word. Be prepared to spend long hours at trade shows and/or media events being really happy even though your brain turned to goo about three days ago. The entertainment industry in general is not "fun" all the time like a lot of people think it will be, and I'm not trying to be negative, just pointing out that even though it's games, there's a ton of hard work involved.

Anyway, if you have any more questions, ask away...

dt