TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR- Adventure Island 04/06/07

My first trip to a park for 2007, not the best of places to go but hey 4 credits, im not saying no, well i spose not when my g/f is taking me as well.....(she's in for a horrible time )

first time out with the 'ol Digital SLR in a theme park

So headed down there with my g/f Jody, her mum and brother. Twas a fun trip up from Chelmsford with her brother enlightening us with tunes from Weebls Stuff which i taught him before we left, like the lovely tune of Mango's and Badgers.

So arriving at Southend and Jody is really excited to get to the park.

So after a 20 minute walk from the parking area to the park itself was fun as I saw Rage get closer and closer, the relief of seeing it work was fantastic . Getting into the park, got our wristbands and the first on my list was Rage, as that would make it my 30th credit. So headed over, took some pictures, like this lovely overly-exposed picture, dammit! Yeah it was very very sunny that day, using 1000th second shutter speeds at f/11 to keep it down.

So went over to Rage, and apparently its closed for matinence for 20 minutes, so back to taking photographs...

Took some nice ones in this time.

Soon Rage opened again, queued up, for about 15 minutes, not too long of a wait. Got on back row, not the best of places.

Rage is probably one of the best roller coasters i've been on recently, such a cute little ride, smooth transitions, the cutback has a slight knock to it. But the Loop was fun, helix was quite intense. Enjoyable ride.

So here are some more whoring pics of Rage:

As i took mainly just pictures of Rage, not much else, hehehe.

So then moved onto the Green Scream, a Tivoli nightmare in the making by the looks of it, had a small queue and jumped into the back row, which i knew was a bad idea, but also a intresting one. So off it went, and bloody hell it was a bit fast at points, but it did hurt a bit...like my ankles still hurt.

About a 5/10...

Then moving onto the next coaster is Barnstormer, wow what a fun ride . That drop next to the station is quite intense for a little kiddie coaster, i was happy to have a second ride . 6/10

Mini Mighty Mega, just the sound of this Pinifari roller coaster makes my ribs groan in pain, as i've heard names like 'Pinifari Death Machine' been called of this ride, its sounds it, looks it, but it wasn't actually, it was that bad, shame about it being quite lacking in speed it wasn't that bad.... 4/10.

Yeah did a few more rides after that, like Ramba Zamba, Helter Skelter and some more which i can't remember.

So some more pictures for ya all

How can i forget the crazy Archelon or whatever Bon Bon creation that thing is....

Fancy a kiss big boy?

Yeah i didn't go on that, looked too insane for me..maybe with other enthusiasts...

^ me looking nuts.

Rage me you fucking bitch

And as we went to get on it for the second time it broke down, cunt. Was so unlucky...The guy next to us bet his daughter £10 that she wouldn't get on the ride, so she technically did, but because it didn't go round it dosen't count, poor girl

Prepare your sick buckets

Yeah its a bit lovey-dovey, but hey why not, its probably the best non-drunk picture of us.

Anyway was a fun day out, was great to come out with my g/f to a park for the first itme, so she's had a taste of my geekiness.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, up until Rage I wasn't really a fan of Eurofighters, at least by looks (have yet to ride one), but this one looks sooo cool. I think the faux-Intamin track really does it for me, plus the moderate size and neat layout. Looks like fun, too.