TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shockwave a DM

I have a question about Shockwave at Dratyon Manor. Why haven't they contacted B&M to make them some updated Standup Cars? I know it's an Intiamin Stand Up but the track gauges should be the same as B&M's standups and new trains could be a smoother ride(Haven't ridden it so i'm guessing it's somewhat rough).

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably cost. And Batman when it was at Astroworld still had the Intamin trains. It's either a park thing. Or probably a manufacturer thing. I'm not quite sure.

Even if it did get B&M trains it wouldn't change the ride. Look at Mantis, Iron Wolf, and Chang...Talk about pain. Iron Wolf started with the same type of trains Shockwave has and then changed over to the new restraints. The ride still sucks. (Chang isn't AS bad as the other two)

Even if it did get B&M trains it wouldn't change the ride. Look at Mantis, Iron Wolf, and Chang...Talk about pain. Iron Wolf started with the same type of trains Shockwave has and then changed over to the new restraints. The ride still sucks. (Chang isn't AS bad as the other two)

Iron Wolf is still a great ride. Despite its age and slight roughness, it will always remain a good coaster.

I must be one of very few to actually like this ride then

Personally, I think it stands well simply for having that amazing zero-g roll. Doing that manoeuvre whilst standing up is so unnatural and bizarre, it shocks everyone.

Consider the ride in the same level as those gimmicky, short accelerator coasters - Just a quick whiz around with the majority of the attention on one great feature.

I'll gladly agree the trains suck balls though. Jesus, I think only about three of the seats actually slide up and down properly anymore. Some of them even require the weight of three ride ops to lower, which strikes me as completely worn out beyond sensible use.

They DO have a second train though, which apparently never comes out.

Are they waiting until the current train can no longer run at all and then switching to using the other one?

If so, they need to make the change soon.

I went on "Shockwave" at DM 2 weeks ago and found the ride quite smooth apart from the double corkscrew where there was some side forces to make your head wobble.

All of the supports are "steel" not wood, they are only 1/2 painted in a cool light blue colour.

The trains are perfectly fine for this type of ride which was built in 1994

Back then this type of layout was great, today it still delivers and it is good to be different. It's the only 1 in Europe.

During one of the European Coaster Club meetings (the ride is closed to non-club members and public) we were allowed to ride it facing "backwards", I'll ride "Mantis" backwards if I was allowed.

Mantis is a different type of "stand-up", it was born in 1996 and is mega twisted and has lots of +G's as well as -'G. I loved my ride on Mantis in Y2K.

I wish Cedar Point kept the name "Banshee", love to own one a T-Shirts before the name change.

No park in the UK would be allowed to construct a "stand-up" like Mantis or Chang due to our stupid Health and Safety laws.

Examples of our laws, 1) there are 3 interlocking goldfish ponds at my work, a life ring has been installed next to the ponds incase someone falls in and can't swim in 2ft of water.

2) Banning "Comic Relief" red noses in a TV studio as they are classed as a "Fire Risk".

-------------------------------------------------------

The world needs more "stand-up" coasters, they give such a unique ride to all who dare to step onto the trains.

No park in the UK would be allowed to construct a "stand-up" like Mantis or Chang due to our stupid Health and Safety laws.

There's nothing stopping a park from building one.

None are built because the stand up is a fad that has long since past.

Just like no one is going to build another old school arrow corkscrew.