TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So I'm thinking of going on the Mini Europe trip...

Elaine

I really really want to go on the Europe trip, and I've asked my parents if I could go on the trip as a 16th birthday present (I'm 16 in June) and they have some concerns. For example, the fact that I would be going on my own gives them this expression: But I might be able to get someone to go with me (A friend) so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. And they're all "What if there are perverts going on this trip as well?" So yeah..... I need you to er....confirm that I will be somewhat looked after....yanno....that I won't get taken away by scary men or anything like that :] And if I do get to go, my mum wants to know I'll be able to get to the bus ok. She doesn't want me stuck at a German airport. I don't either.

And for you members who are looking at this thread and want to help in some way, please tell me what ERT stands for. I've never known D:

Ok so my ERT question has been answered. Now to persuade my parents >D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERT stands for Exclusive Ride Time. Basically a time during the day (usually before the park opens or after it closes) where one or more coasters is open exclusively for trip participants. It's a great way to get plenty of extra rides in, especially on these trips, as the number of participants are so small.

As far as your other questions, all I can say is that these trips are really well organized, and as long as you follow the schedule and make sure you're where you are supposed to be, you won't have trouble with the bus. And I honestly don't think anyone remotely dangerous goes on these trips, so I don't think you (or your parents) would have anything to worry about.

dt

If you are responsible enough to follow the directions that Robb and Elissa outline, not lose your passport and set an alarm clock to wake up on time you should be OK. I can say that if the crew going on the mini-trip to Germany is anything like the crew that went to the UK last year you should be fine. Few people wonder off on explore the park alone. Last year there was one pack of 15-20 people and many smaller groups. You determine who you want to hang out with. Of course there is always safety in numbers and you should never yourself in a situation of walking around unaccompanied.

I can understand your parents concern because if I had a 16 year old daughter I would feel the same way.

Thanks for your help so far.

Admittedly, the only thing I'm really worried about is the bus. I'm worried I might not be able to find it, get to it in time etc. If I do go on this trip, will I be able to get the details of where the bus is going to be at the airport?

I'm sorry if my bus trouble is annoying anyone. :]

Any replies are much appriciated.

Oh...just a quick note:

A medical release? Please explain. do I have to get it from the doctors or something?

And a waiver? What is that? u___u;

And getting approved by Robb and Elissa? How do I get "approved" *hopes there are not big stamps saying "approved" and "disapproved" involved*

Thanks for your help so far.

Admittedly, the only thing I'm really worried about is the bus. I'm worried I might not be able to find it, get to it in time etc. If I do go on this trip, will I be able to get the details of where the bus is going to be at the airport?

I'm sorry if my bus trouble is annoying anyone. :]

Any replies are much appriciated.

Oh...just a quick note:

A medical release? Please explain. do I have to get it from the doctors or something?

And a waiver? What is that? u___u;

And getting approved by Robb and Elissa? How do I get "approved" *hopes there are not big stamps saying "approved" and "disapproved" involved*

You send send a PM to Robb or Elissa. But I am certain that you will not have an "Approved" stamp put on your forehead. Although it would be funny.

I don't think anyone ever had trouble 'finding' the bus. Wherever we were let off, it would be waiting for us there later. As for at the airport, we'll have a designated meeting spot and mobile phone. As for the waiver, since you're under 18 we would need to email with you and your parents to make sure you understand everything, then basically have them sign you over to us for the few days.

Thanks Elissa.

Now I just have to get my parents to definately let me go!

They're still having that "It's not you that we don't trust, it's other people" issue.

They want to be sure that I'll be safe.

Bless 'em.

I sort of have the same fears, but for me its the plane ride there. I think I would get lost and stiff and not know where to meet up and all that stuff.

Also, I cant hear alarms when I sleep and I fear over sleeping like a hour and missing the bus. So will the roommate thing still be the same as you mentioned for the UK trip? Because I would need to board with someone who would be able to wake me up and such...

I hope your parents let you go! Honestly, I think you would really enjoy yourself because Robb and Elissa put on really great events. As for "creepy people" you might encounter, basically do what Larry said. Stay in a group and don't wander away like a stray deer. Hope you can go!

---Brent

Just show your mom the TPR Swimsuit Calendar! Shes sure to let you go after she sees all the beautiful people of TPR.

Ron "Maybe not Guy T. Koepp's month" Patton

ahahahahahha she'd be all "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? "

I might be able to get my sister to go along with me. :]