TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Meet at SFA - Six Flags America!

Good to see you guys had a good time. I joined this site because I was thinking about going, but I ended up not. SFA is only 45 minutes from my house but I had other plans today.

The weather was great and hopefully you managed to avoid those 2 dollar lockers. That's STILL not as bad as 15 dollar parking!

Anyways, I guess I've been a long-time "stalker" of this site and have watched many of your videos and TRs. Can't wait to post more.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Robb,

Just wanted to say that it was cool to meet you and a few others. (In case you remember or not, I was with the three others who ran into you, Elissa and KidTums just as you all were getting out of your car in the lot). I would have liked to hang out with the group more but I think my friends, fiancee and I were kind of just doing our own thing for most of the day. Maybe next time you all are in the area I will tag along a little more. That panda picture was great! deffinatly have to agree that the simplest things can be very amusing. I have some pictures to post too, but I will have to do that tomarrow or tuesday since I have an assignment to finish up here since I went to DC for the weekend

Gary "Hurry for dirty animal pictures before lunch" Taylor

Looks like you all had a good time. I'll be heading there in two weeks for the first time. I was at SFGAv on Saturday with my friends. My other nerdy friends went Sunday and said they saw you guys...actually this how the conversation went:

Me: *Picks up phone* Hey JR what's up

Medusa05: Hey, Dainan. I'm in line for El Toro and I just saw Robb Alvey in the last seat.

Me: *Pause...sigh* Fanboy *Hung up*.

So I can't wait to see your SFGAv photo update, being it's my 2nd home. If you guys are coming to Coney Island this weekend, I can hook you guys up with wristbands and what not (only Astroland).

-Dainan "Good Update" Rafferty

There were WAY too many coaster photos in that update!

-Jahan

That's because they have some VERY good coasters at SFA! Much better than our current 'local' fare.

--Robb "Hoping the interview goes well today." Alvey

Looks like you guys had some fun.

I noticed that the colors on some of the pictures look a little "washed out", like in my Liseberg photo TR. Has anyone else had this problem with their camera, especially after taking a couple thousand pictures?

Also, do they still have that TOGO Death Machine sitting in the parking lot?

Looks like you guys had some fun.

I noticed that the colors on some of the pictures look a little "washed out", like in my Liseberg photo TR. Has anyone else had this problem with their camera, especially after taking a couple thousand pictures?

Also, do they still have that TOGO Death Machine sitting in the parking lot?

Do you mean Ultra Twister (which was sitting in the back of the park in a field, then moved by SROS)? If so, then no, it was deamed unrebuildable.

Was the comment about soda machine taking a $5 bill and not giving change a joke or did it really not give you change back? That's horrible if it didn't and seems like a scam especially if it didn't mention no change would be given

Do you mean Ultra Twister (which was sitting in the back of the park in a field, then moved by SROS)? If so, then no, it was deamed unrebuildable.

Its still sitting in the field next to batwing.. Just turn around on SROSs lifthill and look... Or look to the left going up on Batwing. I saw it this weekend.

Sounds like everyone had a good time, too bad I'm too dumb to call

One thing that was great about goin to SFA was the weather! I couldn't have asked for a better day to make my first visit there for the year. And I also got a season pass out of it too ($49.99 for regular admission OR a season pass? which one would you take...)

It's good you guys went to a park not everyone knows too much about. It's a good park but just doesn't have a whole lot that others don't. I was really happy WildOne was running so well, it's probably my new favorite there (#2 being SROS).

Anyone at the meet see the blue SROS train? I'm not sure what happened to it, but it wasn't on the storage track or running.