TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Meet at SFA - Six Flags America!

I don't know if Wild World will be open when it's so cold out, and even if it is I doubt if the slide and wave pools will be warm enough...I'm all about getting ready for this http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/hersheypark/100th/waterworks.php

I am SOOOOO confused! We're going to Six Flags American, not a water park. I don't think think their water park opens until closer to Memorial Day so why would it matter if their slides or wave pools are open on April 21st?

--Robb "SFA hasn't been called "Wild World" in what, 15 years?!?!" Alvey

I was wondering the same thing.

My friends call it SFA. I've only heard one person I know call it Adventure world, and he's in his thirties.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for rides being open, it's pretty simple:

~If the temp is above 50*, everything should be open...

~If the temp is between 45 and 50*, everything but Superman and Joker's Jinx should be open.

~If the temp is between 40 and 45*, all the flats, the woodies, and possibly Batwing should be open.

~Below 40*, you'll be lucky if any of the coasters run (MAYBE the woodies) and the flats will be figgity.

When the temps get up to the right level for each ride, it'll take about an hour or two of testing before the ride can open. (ie, if the temps are up in the 50s by 9:00 am... everything SHOULD be open by the time the park opens. If temps don't get into the 50s until noon, don't expect Superman open till early afternoon)

Opening day ran VERY smoothly at the park, as the temps went up, the coasters opened, and ALL of the flats were up all day (with just one early morning hiccup on Tower of Doom). They even had Renegade Rapids open in the 40* weather.

Skull Mountain (formerly Typhoon Seacoaster) is currently undergoing modifications and won't be ready until May, don't count on riding that...

^ In all the times I've been to the park, I've never seen Skull Mountain open.

^ It's pretty hard to catch open.

Last year I got around 5 rides in about 15 visits. It opens around noon and usually closes around 3 or 4. Why? I have no idea. It's never open in the dark. I'm guessing because each turntable requires a ride attendant.

^ In all the times I've been to the park, I've never seen Skull Mountain open.

They're advertising it as "[The New] Skull Mountain" now, I saw a commercial for it. Hopefully that means it's now officially Skull Mountain like everyone calls it and it'll be open with more regular hours than before.

jackskellington101 wrote:

" In all the times I've been to the park, I've never seen Skull Mountain open."

I've been to SFA a few times and I've got to ride SM at least once per trip. This ride was the only attraction in which "If we get enough attendants that can maintain and run this attraction, then we'll run it for a few hours." It was all because of the three turntables the ride has: the first turntable to turn the boat around so it'd ride through the second tunnel backwards, the second turntable to turn the boat again so it'll run forward once more, and the final turntable to lead the boat to the big final drop to the splashdown. Because of this design, you needed tons of attendants and fewer boats in order to make this attraction work like clockwork.

Now that they are rebuilding and redesigning the attraction to get rid of the first two turntables (they're keeping the final turntable lest they want to build another lift and delay the opening by another year), they can run this attraction with fewer attendants and more boats!

But sadly, this attraction isn't slated for opening until Memorial Weekend. but I'm sure the Wild One will be running as it celebrates its 90th year!!!

I have RSVP'd. I've been a visitor to this site for a long time, but just haven't posted much.

I look forward to meeting a bunch of you guys (and gals) finally! I've been interested in some of these huge coaster trips, but have been a little reserved since I didn't know anyone. It will be nice to meet some new coaster ridin' folk. It's always a pain to drag my friends to the local parks.

Jeff

haha yea right, everytime i go to sfa someone is like always getting arested and i go there alot-considering i only live like 20 min from the park.....they really need to take batwing out of there cause everytime ive been on that it breaks down on the lift, it could be that vekoma made a bad coaster or vekoma makes bad rides cause the mind eraser isnt that smooth and two face is fun but kinda rough......cant wait till the 21(i think thats the date) lol

I live about 2 hours, maybe 2&1/2, I would really love to come and hang out with all the TPR gang. If I can get someone to come with me and help with the driving, maybe I'll come. I live in Philadelphia, so it has to be what a half hour outside of Baltimore so that would be 2&1/2 hours for me. Plus I work night work and I only work 4 hours on Friday but I'm still on my crazy schedule from Mon-Thurs working 9 hours(6p.m till 4a.m, one hour paid lunch), and sometimes I don't get to sleep right away on Fridays. So I'll have to see. If I do, I'll RSVP.

Well, I went to opening day @ SFA and it was very refreshing. There's new paint everywhere and the employees are alot friendlier this year. Only downfall this year was that Superman and Joker's Jinx weren't open. I'm sure they have fixed the problem since. Things are really looking up for SFA. Typoon is closed right now, but scheduled to open later this spring as SKULL MOUNTAIN. Ultra twister will not be operating ever at SFA. There is a rumor that the park will be getting the Batman coaster from Astroworld next year. But as of right now, it's just a rumor. There are new Looney tunes characters in the park this year as well such as Elmer Fudd, K-9, Granny, Wiley Cyote and Pitunia! I think your really gonna like what they've done to the park though. I can't wait to see everyone next saturday!

Thanks for the meet Rob. Your the greatest!!!

Quazi

Things are really looking up for SFA.

I hope... the past few years haven't been too good and it (like many other SF parks I'm sure) needs a little attention to detail. I'm really glad to hear the employees are nicer than last year.

I hope... the past few years haven't been too good and it (like many other SF parks I'm sure) needs a little attention to detail. I'm really glad to hear the employees are nicer than last year.

Unfortunately, thats how it started last year. Employees were...fresh, haven't worked all summer. They were nice and polite.

Half way through the season they returned to their old ways :-\

Lets hope they stay this way

I received a question from okinawaboy11 and I'm sure that I can answer it.

Okay, the question that okinawaboy11 asked was :

So are the boats going to travel backwards anymore?

This is in regards to Skull Mountain (formerly known as Typhoon Sea Coaster) in which reconstruction was underway to redesign this attraction to allow the operation of this ride with fewer attendants and more boats. So I believe that by removing the first two turntables means that the boats will not be able to travel backwards anymore.

That is a bummer; that was my favorite part of the ride. But I always hated waiting for a long time in a short line due to the fact that they run a small number of boats, not to mention if the attraction is running at all.

According to okinawaboy11, he said that the weather bug calls for the weather at SFA to be sunny with temps in the 60's and 70's. I hope that is the case; the last two weekends haven't been favorable. On Easter Weekend (aka Opening weekend at SFA), the temps were in the low 40's (meaning: I'm freezing out here! ). This weekend, the weather's been nothing but cold and raining (meaning: where is my umbrella and my tissues cause nothing's running? ). If the forcast holds true, then that should mean to us riders yelling out "Ya-hoo!!!"