TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Meet at SFA - Six Flags America!

Sorry to go off topic, but Robb, you and Elissa need to pay respect to some of the Midwest parks more often. I'm not demanding you to come to MIA or CP, but damn, to a meet to CP or MIA in late May or early June. Gawd, is really that hard to ask, I've waited 3+ years to meet you guys and you always slip away!!

Have Fun anyway how, I know you will.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to go off topic, but Robb, you and Elissa need to pay respect to some of the Midwest parks more often. I'm not demanding you to come to MIA or CP, but damn, to a meet to CP or MIA in late May or early June. Gawd, is really that hard to ask, I've waited 3+ years to meet you guys and you always slip away!!

Have Fun anyway how, I know you will.

TPR Midwest trip in August, dude.

There hasn't been anything that new or exciting with many of the US parks in the past few years, so we only make the trek when something else brings us out that way.

We've been doing more international traveling because so many of those parks are either new to us, have our favorite coasters in the world, or are building really unique stuff!

Like Wes said, the MidWest 2007 trip should cover many of the parks we haven't been to in a while.

But I wouldn't expect to see us making a random trip out to an area of the country that isn't getting anything new unless something else brings us that way.

--Robb "When are there new and exciting parks to go to, why go to ones you've been to before?" Alvey

You go to parks you have been before so that you can get that kiddie credit that you missed because none of the parents would let you barrow their kid, or to get that credit you missed because the freakin' ride was closed due to another one kind of like it breaking down (which would be my case since I went to SFA last year and missed out on Joker's Jinx since Chiller broke down).

Thats Really Cool you guys are having a meet. Its my birthday weekend so we are flying up from orlando and hitting SFNE, SFA, and SFGadv. I planned on going the 21st anyways. Count My girlfriend and I and maybe her bestfriend and her boyfriend.

My friend who works there told me many people were fired.

Yea I remember going last year and the management staff were randomly testing employees on certain aspects of their job.

This sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I had no idea so many MD/DC/VA are on this site.

I dont know how much Money for a

one day Pass or Ticket is!!!???

I am going and cant wait till

then!!!

Well, you have two options for the same price.

1. $49.99 + Tax = One Day Pass.

2. $49.99 + Tax = Season Pass.

You choose

Parking is $10 as of last year I believe. It might be $15.

I don't know if Wild World will be open when it's so cold out, and even if it is I doubt if the slide and wave pools will be warm enough...I'm all about getting ready for this http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/hersheypark/100th/waterworks.php

I am SOOOOO confused! We're going to Six Flags American, not a water park. I don't think think their water park opens until closer to Memorial Day so why would it matter if their slides or wave pools are open on April 21st?

--Robb "SFA hasn't been called "Wild World" in what, 15 years?!?!" Alvey

^Some people around here do who've been following them for a long time. But let's focus on the meet, shall we?

I dont know how much Money for a

one day Pass or Ticket is!!!???

Little discount for anyone interested. The Parks&Planning/Welfare&Rec service around here sells discount tickets for parks in this area, including SFA. I'm not sure about this year, but in a general price range, tickets for SFA through them are $20-30. Other places probably do this too I'm sure, just thought I'd let those know who don't.

The only places I know besides the my town's town hall that sells them at those prices are PG Sports&Learning Complex (not far at all from SFA and relatively easy to find, if you can spot FedEx Field, you'll know where it is) and the Navy Yard in Southeast DC (where I got my tickets for KD today actually).

HAHA A lot of the locals here still call it Wild World. I guess it's the cool thing to do.

I still remember it as Adventure World cause it was the first park I ever went to.

Yes for the really true fans, the Wizards are still called the Bullets and throwback merchandise sells like crazy.

And just so this comment stays on topic, the former home of the Bullets/Wizards was in Largo only a few miles for Wild World/Adventure World/Six Flags America. The awesome park that we all will be attending on the 21st.

"I am SOOOOO confused! We're going to Six Flags American, not a water park. I don't think think their water park opens until closer to Memorial Day so why would it matter if their slides or wave pools are open on April 21st?"

Just joking around brother, SFA started out as pretty much just a water park as you know of course. I would come to meet you three celeb's but I love amusement parks but am terrified of coasters, odd I know, hope you will come back to see Hersheys new stuff after they open in 50 days....