TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Meet at SFA - Six Flags America!

Hey everyone!

Good news! I just found out I need to be in the Baltimore area for work the week of April 23rd, so why not have a meet at Six Flags America?

The meet will be on Saturday, April 21st. The park opens at 10:30am that day, so let's plan to meet at 10:00am.

We'll figure out what our plans will be based on how many people can make the meet, but expect to have a LOT of fun and ride a lot of great coasters!

If you want to attend the meet, please fill out the RSVP form here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfarsvp.htm

That way we'll know how many people to expect and we'll have your email address to send you more details.

I apologize for this being so last minute, but I just found out that I'll be in the area that week.

Myself, Elissa and KidTums look forward to seeing as many of you as possible!

--Robb

ROLL CALL! (As of Thursday, April 19th)

Number of people = 54

Screenname (no. in your party)

prabe (2)

quazi (2)

SFNE2005 (2)

okinawaboy11 (4)

kyle2227 (1)

coasterkid12814515 (3)

cfc (1)

callutt (1)

Will_Holder (2)

jackskellington101 (1)

EftelingGal (1)

palmerleeberry (1)

carolinacaniac (4)

blako (2)

splzero (2)

pkdgoer (2)

folnevar (1)

DaveH80 (2)

ira1031 (4)

coastrnut (1)

MarkRosenzweig (2)

strwrse1 (1)

Bubba z (2)

Alex W. (2)

Jew (1)

raul2005 (5)

Godsentone78 (2)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Batwing, probably not, they had two train operation on and off (mostly off) last year, It didn't work very well. (As if it works better with 1 train operation).

2.Typhoon, last I heard it was boarded up, It hasn't been removed from the ride list at SF.com, so I have no Idea whats up with it.

3. Ultra twister is in the same position it was in last year. And it's probably not going to move this season, or next, or the one after that. You get my point...

And no, there is no ERT planned. This is an official "meet" not an "event" like West Coast Bash. I mean, think about it for a second, we *JUST* found out that we're doing this trip like yesterday, so being able to get enough people to put together an event in less than 2 weeks is a bit unrealistic.

--Robb

Yeah, but the parks are still open! Trust me, I've been at parks in the snow before (remember Nasu Highland?) Personally, I would RATHER it be snowing!!! Would make for a much better Photo TR!!!

Our trip is 2 weeks away, I highly doubt this weather will be exactly the same in 2 weeks.

--Robb

And no, there is no ERT planned. This is an official "meet" not an "event" like West Coast Bash. I mean, think about it for a second, we *JUST* found out that we're doing this trip like yesterday, so being able to get enough people to put together an event in less than 2 weeks is a bit unrealistic.

--Robb

SFA Official: So you want to arrange an official group event, complete with ERT and special perks, even though you're giving us only two week's notice?

Robb: Yup.

SFA Official: What do you have that could possibly sway me?

Robb: *holds up KidTums*

SFA Official: .................... Oh dammit, I can't resist that face! It's a deal!

sweet! its only about 45 min from here.......we went last weekend cause their site said that it be open and it was closed so we drove all the way to kingsdominion! fun do you have to be a certain age to go on the 23rd?

The park is not ghetto.... It's in largo.... If your judging by the staff then, you find similar attitudes at other parks. Six Flags just gets the rep because there hasn't been a significant change in attitude among employees. I however, expect this year to be different. My friend who works there told me many people were fired.

Unfortunately, I am away in college here in Boston, so i won't be able to join.

Have fun and take bunches of pictures. See if you can get any info on Ultra Twister or anything new for the upcoming years.

sweet! its only about 45 min from here.......we went last weekend cause their site said that it be open and it was closed so we drove all the way to kingsdominion! fun do you have to be a certain age to go on the 23rd?

WTF? Did you even bother to READ anything about the meet, or are you just posting because you think it's cool.

First off - We're not even going on the 23rd!!! We're going on the 21st. But you're more than welcome to join us on the 23rd if you'd like.

Secondly, yes, you need to be 16 or accompanied by a parent.

--Robb

HEY YA!!!

I'm hoping to be there on Saturday, April 21 (if I don't have to work overtime - that would bite). Since I'm an early bird when it comes to arriving at parks, I'll probably be waiting for you all.

When you get there, then you must Ride the Wild one: the coaster that is celebrating its 90th year!!!

Hey Robb,

Is it cool for us to bring friends? I would like to bring my fiancee and two of our friends (one of them is doing her internship with the Department of Interior in D.C.)

Absolutely you can bring friends! The more the better!

--Robb