TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Park Discussion Thread

^ It looks like an electrostatic discharge strip. Basically stops you from getting a shock if you touch metalwork on the train (given that it spends it's life going very quickly on insulative tyres, I can imagine it would otherwise build up quite a static charge).

Great pictures Hanno! I'll have to go and check this thing out at some point!

Dave

^ It looks like an electrostatic discharge strip. Basically stops you from getting a shock if you touch metalwork on the train (given that it spends it's life going very quickly on insulative tyres, I can imagine it would otherwise build up quite a static charge).

Great pictures Hanno! I'll have to go and check this thing out at some point!

Dave

That makes sense but then why don't you see this on other coasters that use similar wheels?

^ehm.. just a few posts higher the following is stated..

Dave

Riding EGF last year was AMAZING, -until- that first trim brake, it was really noticeable when passing it, and there was very little airtime left on the final bunny hops.

I'm so glad it's gone now! Also, it was indeed shaking/rattling like crazy, good to hear that's not the case any more.

Can't wait to ride EGF again, but I'm afraid I will have to wait until next year...

^ It's so the train can tickle the track the length of the entire ride.

--Robb "Expedition GeForce is very ticklish." Alvey

So no wonder that coaster is shaking and rattling sometimes...

George "shaking and rattling like crazy being tickled, too" T.

Glad you got these pics Hanno! There were people that didn'1 believe me when I told them those trims were actually full on removed!

The ride is amazing, I wish I could have compared it to Goliath at Walibi within the same couple weeks, but I only made it as far north as Efteling. It's been years since I've been on that monster.

American park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up, they close it down for months and add safety systems (like trims) to kill the ride so that it's safer.

European park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up, they rehab it and decide to make it more intense than it was before.

I'm so moving to Germany once I'm out of college.

I would think it is more like American park: Ride has a wheel assembly f**k up it will never reopen and ride stalls on lift hill they close it down for months