TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Park Discussion Thread

People are being criticized when they try to state their opinion as fact. I have not seen an published study showing Intamin to have more accidents/problems than other manufacturers. While any of us can believe this to be true, I don't think anyone can prove it as fact.

Then we get to the issue of assigning blame. The German authorities are very thorough and will get to the bottom of the problem and determine who was to blame, but in our instant society everybody wants a quick answer based on conjecture and hypotheses versus facts and findings.

The following applies to any park or manufacturer regarding an accident. Very few on this site are experts (although many think they are) and before a manufacturer or park is demonized we should wait for the findings.

Edited by larrygator

Still, I don't know what all the voodoo is about, i mean, Thunder mountain killed someone at Disneyland and pretty much as soon as it opened back up people jumped back on it with their kids. They should just acknowledge what happened and move on.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I'm not sure when vertical construction started, but it looks like they still have a lot of work to go. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned, this coaster was purchased used from Loudon Castle. Given that the other coasters in the park are for thrill seekers, this should make a great addition. Hopefully Holiday Park continues and adds a kiddie coaster in the future to further improve their coaster selection for all riders.

Now I have to go there again... I will pass the park on my way to Europa Park lateron this year. Way to expensive and only half a day of fun. Expedition GeForce is very, very cool but still not worth leaving one day earlier at Europa Park.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it seems that Exp.GeForce is opening in the next days or weeks! A new or refurbished train arrived at the park and there is a sign that it will re-open soon. Some rumors said that the park doesn`t get sued because it was a material defect. What i complain about the "HolidayPark" is that they till now, don`t give the public an answer what exactly hapened.

But i am really looking forward to ride ExpGeForce soon

^I guess that is good news....while it's sad to see one of the best coasters in the world down for such a long time, perhaps with a new or refurbished train it may ride even better. I can say that I've had rides on some of the SROS coasters where a new train would defintely have helped the ride out after 7/8 years of service.

Maybe one day, one lucky day, I'll get to ride GeForce!

Tomorrow (August 5th) EGF will be operating again.

The park will give an announcement about the incident tomorrow.

http://www.rheinpfalz.de/cgi-bin/cms2/cms.pl?cmd=showMsg&tpl=rhpMsg_thickbox.html&path=/rhp/lokal/neu/has&id=RON_1280900463591

Lokales: Haßloch

Achterbahn fährt morgen wieder

Morgen wird die Achterbahn „Expedition GeForce" im Holiday Park Haßloch nach über dreimonatigem Stillstand wieder in Betrieb genommen.

Am 28. April war vermutlich aufgrund eines Achsbruchs ein Wagen entgleist; 26 Passagiere mussten von der Feuerwehr aus 20 Metern Höhe geborgen werden. Im Auftrag der Staatsanwaltschaft Frankenthal hatte der Tüv Rheinland die Unfallursache untersucht und ein Gutachten erstellt. Nähere Angaben dazu will der Holiday Park morgen machen. (guh)

MOD EDIT, Added the Google Translation (as wonky as it is):

Local: Haßloch

Roller coaster goes back tomorrow

Tomorrow will be taking the roller coaster "Expedition GeForce" in the Holiday Park for about three months Haßloch standstill again.

28 April was probably due to a broken axle derailed one car, 26 passengers had to be rescued by firemen from 20 meters height. On behalf of the prosecution of the TÜV Rheinland Frankenthal had investigated the accident and issued an opinion. Further details will help make the Holiday Park tomorrow. (Guh)

Edited by Moose

The ride opened at 1 PM today for the public.

As far as the newspapers are saying, it was a fault in the material of one of the bolts. All parts were checked last winter and rated as OK.

Sadly THIS information is not mentioned at the website of Holiday Park.

It seems like that the prosecutors' office isn't sure if the accident happened by fault in the material. One of the riders is suing the park for bodily injury caused by negligence and they are still waiting for the results of the material testing. I hope it wasn't the parks fault

airtimers.com/expedition-geforce-wieder-in-betrieb-aber-wer-tragt-die-schuld/004680/

Wer denkt das Thema sei damit abgeschlossen irrt leider! Die eingehende Materialprüfung ist noch nicht zu Gänze beendet und die Staatsanwaltschaft ermittelt deshalb weiterhin an einer Anzeige wegen fahrlässiger Körperverletzung. Sollte diese dabei zu dem Schluss kommen das der Unfall nicht auf einen Materialfehler zurückzuführen ist, könnte es noch ein böses Nachspiel geben…

And by the way: Hi everybody! I'm a long time ghost reader and decided now to write for the first time

I love TPR, you guys are the best!

It seems like that the prosecutors' office isn't sure if the accident happened by fault in the material. One of the riders is suing the park for bodily injury caused by negligence and they are still waiting for the results of the material testing. I hope it wasn't the parks fault

*sigh* Well, it was bound to happen sometime. I'm just glad the GeForce is back in action!