TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Theme Park

Do you think that a Simpsons themepark would be cool?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that a Simpsons themepark would be cool?

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • It may work
    • I don't think so
    • No

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Simpsons has run about 10 years too long. It needs to die and let US TV move on. Fox had a great thing with Futurama and let it die because they gave preference to Simpsons and other trash shows.

Those of you over 20, when was the last time you saw a new Simpsons that didn't feel like a retread of an old story? I know it has been at least 5 years for me. That isn't to say the show doesn't have moments of humor but it really feels like the writers ran out of ideas long ago.

Oh yeah and does anyone really think a Simpsons movie is a good idea? I mean the show isn't amusing for 30 minutes anymore. How will it be any good for 90+?

Honestly the only Simpsons related thing I want right now is the absolutely awesome 90s arcade game by Konami to be released to home consoles somehow. One of my few fond memories of the Simpsons that hasn't been ruined by repeats.

To me there are very few movies or TV shows with enought material and following to base an entire theme park on, but The Simpsons is one of them.

While in practice I'm not sure it would work long term, the show is such a huge part of pop culture that even if you don't like or watch the show on a regular basis, everyone knows the characters and at least some basic story information.

I know I still watch the show on a regular basis and I quite enjoy the new episodes. It is still the highest rated show on FOX for Sunday nights so the masses must also still like the show.

The only other franchise I can even think of that is as widely known as Simpsons is James Bond.

I personally think a Simpsons park could be cool.

--Robb

^ Besides Bond, as far as well known franchises go, Star Wars qualifies, and would make an excellent theme park. As far as the original question goes.....they could replace the outdated cartoons at IOA and theme that to the Simpsons, but not a whole park, IMHO.

What amazes me about the The Simpsons is that the quality of the show has been kept so high for so many years (I never miss it). I think it's because there's actually been quite a bit of turnover in the writers over the years (Josh Weinstein, formerly of MST3K, and Conan O'Brien have written and produced this show in years past).

As for a Simpsons park, land, or ride, hell yes, I'd go! A "live taping" of the Krusty the Clown Show could be the greatest theme-park show ever, and a dark ride through the Treehouse of Horror would rule.

And don't forget "The Zoominator."

^ Besides Bond, as far as well known franchises go, Star Wars qualifies, and would make an excellent theme park. As far as the original question goes.....they could replace the outdated cartoons at IOA and theme that to the Simpsons, but not a whole park, IMHO.

Oh, yeah, good point! Duh, Star Wars and probably Star Trek as well.

But even those two I think may be even more niche than Simpsons. At least Star Trek certainly would be.

But yeah, you could totally do a Star Wars themed park with several different "lands."

--Robb

A Simpsons Theme Park (and just about any theme) could work if it done correctly.

Besides obvious lands like Itchy and Scrachy, you could

-have a tour of Krustilu Studios (great dark ride ideas)

-enjoy downtown springfield (central hub with shops and restuarants)

-Skateboarding with Bart (Anything from a motion sim to a roller coaster)

-Have a drink at Moe's (Derek will be there)

-etc...

There is lots of material to play with, it's just a matter of having the creativity and more importanly MONEY to do it.

I'd rather have a King of the Hill Theme Park

Peggy Land - The Substituter: Vekoma Kiddie Coaster

Hank's Land - S&S Screamin Swing with the air tanks modeled after propane tanks. A comedy show based on Bobby's dry jokes. A mine train themed after a trailer park. Finally...

A floorless coaster for Cotton Hill. Just to piss him off because he has no shins

I'm building this park in Texas.

I'd rather have a King of the Hill Theme Park

Peggy Land - The Substituter: Vekoma Kiddie Coaster

Hank's Land - S&S Screamin Swing with the air tanks modeled after propane tanks. A comedy show based on Bobby's dry jokes. A mine train themed after a trailer park. Finally...

A floorless coaster for Cotton Hill. Just to piss him off because he has no shins

I'm building this park in Texas.

That would be cool,

Anyway, The Simpsons would make a better land (Or a USF Attraction )

part of a TV themed park.

The simpsons wold be one land

Seinfield would be another

CSI, would be another

and to top it off, HBO's The Sopranos

I have a lot of ideas for The Simpsons park.

Itchy VS Scratchy-a dueling wooden coaster

Ottos Wild Bus Coaster-an Italian Job coaster but with schoolbus trains.

Mr Burns Radioactive Rush-an indoor logflume with green lamps under the water

The Nuclear Power Plant-two freefall rides placed next to eachother

Considering the Simpsons is my all time favorite show, hell yes I'd love to see a Simpsons theme park!While I haven't really gotten to watch much of the past few seasons, I'd still be willing to bet it still blows most other shows away.

Done right, a Simpsons theme park could be absolutely amazing.You could even have mini parks inside it such as Itchy and Scratchy Land, and Duff Gardens.But unfortunately, I think at this point and time since there are rumors the series will end after the current contract runs out it probably wouldnt be the best idea.However, I think a "land" such at maybe IOA would be a great idea.