TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS:170 People Get Stuck On 'Revenge Of The Mummy'

All I did was copy and paste the story. Enjoy

ORLANDO, Fla. -- About 170 passengers riding the indoor roller coaster "Revenge of the Mummy" became stuck Wednesday night when Universal Studios theme park workers stopped the ride over a bolt found by a passenger.

Officials at the park said the ride was nearly completed when a passenger found a loose bolt in or near one of the seats.

A worker immediately stopped the ride as a precaution and security helped remove the passengers.

Universal inspected the ride Wednesday night and decided to reopen it to the public after no other problems were found. The attraction was closed to tourists for 30 to 45 minutes.

Officials said the bolt found in one on the seats apparently came from the padding in one of the seats.

There were no injuries in connection with the incident.

Officials said someone on the ride used a cell phone to call the Orlando fire department but the dispatched unit was canceled before arriving to the theme park.

Riders on the "Revenge of the Mummy" plunge into darkness at speeds up to 45 mph during the thrill attraction.

Revenge of the Mummy the Ride is located in an area themed after New York City.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2007 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is the Orlando Universal, which is close to Disney. I'd assume Disney would do the same thing, which would make Universal follow suit, with the high expectations of people visiting the Orlando area. It probably was the right thing to do until the source of the missing bolt was found.

I think it has a large number of trains. There are two stations, each with a separate load/unload section and a space between the two with an extra block or two. So just in the station area/final brakes, you have like a capability of holding more than eight trains.

There's also the mid-course, the launch area, the part right before going into reverse, and the entire slow section at the beginning.

I wouldn't doubt if there were twelve or more trains, though the 170 people seems a tad unlikely.

LOL!!

I can't count how many times I have round random blots or screws or other things laying around rides. I seriously cannot believe they shut the ride down because of it.

I loved your pet bolt the other day. i was scared for my life b/c i had no idea where it came from

I would have kicked that person's ass who used their cell phone to call 911 from the damn ride. How pathetic is that? They are probably a lawyer!

Good for Universal for not freaking out and getting the ride back open so soon.

I would have kicked that person's a$$ who used their cell phone to call 911 from the damn ride. How pathetic is that? They are probably a lawyer!

Good for Universal for not freaking out and getting the ride back open so soon.

So harsh Elissa!

we spent last night trying to figure out how many cars you could have on at one time...

i assume

Load1

Load 2

Post load 1

Post load 2 (the wait position after load.)

Dark ride at reggie

treasure room

Bug room

Launch

false unload

final brake

UNload 1

unload 2

and you can stack a few at unload.

easy enough.

Even with 12, it's not like the guests at unload, load, or at ready positions in the station couldn't just get out normally right away. 170 sounds like uniformed media exaggerating. I'd personally cycle out the ride instead of e-stopping as long as the bolt didn't look important or from something other than the train, much easier and safer, but I'm sure USF has certain procedures for such things. It's just funny how media picks up on random stories like this every once in a while, like it doesn't happen daily in some way at every major park.