TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knott's, Disneyland and SFMM

I hope this is in the right category...

So my parents and I are gonna go to Knott's Berry Farn, Disneyland and SFMM at the beginning of june and i wonder if its gonna be packed since i don't know when schools out in California...

Thx for your answers already

Lukas

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beginning of June won't be nearly as bad as the end of June. I think most public high schools and elementary schools get out either the 2nd or 3rd week of June.

So if you're here early June (the 1st through the 10) expect moderate crowds, but not insane crowds.

--Robb

Anything after Memorial day weekend will be crowded. Manageable, but you'll probably be waiting a 1/2 hour or more for the E-ticket attractions. Most local colleges are out by then, plus some school districts as well. Plus, IIRC, many midwest/east coast schools are done by then, so "tourist season" will have started as well.

Also, Nemo opens right around then. So annual passholders will be out in full force if Nemo is operating. If pirates was any indicator, that will make it nuts (pirates had like 1- 1/2 hour waits the first few weeks until passholders started getting blacked out, then it went down to like 15-20 min).

So in other words: full.

You're one saving grace is the big school districts (LA public schools and I believe OC public schools) are not out yet. So that will keep it from being insane.

The beginning of June won't be nearly as bad as the end of June. I think most public high schools and elementary schools get out either the 2nd or 3rd week of June.

So if you're here early June (the 1st through the 10) expect moderate crowds, but not insane crowds.

--Robb

Yeah, schools in our city get out I think l the 22-24 of June. Around there. Go early in June, and you should be good, if you have to go in June. Probably the earlier the better....but after spring break!

-Mike

I went to SFMM the first Friday in June 2005. X had a long line (we avoided it by being gate crashers and running straight to X, before that line built up), but the rest of the park was pretty quiet. Not counting X, we rode every major ride at least twice. It was great. Can't speak for the other parks though.

Im going on the 6th of June to Disneyland and hope for minimal crowds. My School gets out on the 25th of May (I live in pasadena but go to a private school). None of my friends at public schools (LA county) get out untill the 21st of June so hopefully earlier in the month should be fine. Knotts is very empty on weekdays so i advise going on a mid-weekday (Tuesday through Thursday). As for SFMM, avoid weekends, other than that, it should be fine. (Check on your way into SFMM and see how many trains X has in the transfer area, if there are two trains running, head for Tatsu first. If X has only one train, make sure thats your first stop.)