TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GRINDHOUSE

Milkchan

Which is the more anticipated movie?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more anticipated movie?

• Death Proof
    • Plant Terror

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't quite make it through watching that trailer... I got mentally scarred during the trampoline scene. Just evil...

I know...that was the only part of the entire movie that I actually stereotypically covered my face with my hands and gasped.

I liked Death Proof more, although both were great. Death Proof had kind of a slow build up and what seemed like unneccessary character development, but the last 20 minutes were awesome.

I got to see the movie last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought Death Proof was the better of the two in defining "Grindhouse". It certainly had the feel/pacing of what a typical "Grindhouse" movie used to be like. Slow and deliberate pacing/padding until we get a couple of money shots/sequences. It really felt like a low budget movie. I thought Planet Terror was a lot of fun as well, but its production values were way too good to qualify as a "Grindhouse" movie. Also the pacing was too tight as well (which is a really good thing IMO for regular movies, just not really in the style of "Grindhouse"). It just looked too expensive to qualify it as a "Grindhouse" movie. Go see this movie, its needs your support. Plus I want to see Tarantino's take on a Shaw Bros. movie that he will make if there is ever a Grindhouse 2.

DSC01158.JPG.9fb3c4869891c86c63d24ba066b7085b.JPG

If you seen "Death Proof", you should recognize the movie I am holding.

^I saw Vanishing Point at the Del Puerto Theatre in downtown Patterson, Calif.--they showed American double features Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and Mexican flicks on Tuesday and Thursday (dark on Monday).

I thought that Rodriguez and Tarantino both did a good job and "cheated" a bit in different ways--the former through his reliance on CGI, the latter by making a "girls go on a rampage movie" as a standard Tarantino flick (dialogue heavy, clean cinematography). Both were a lot of fun.

^I saw Vanishing Point at the Del Puerto Theatre in downtown Patterson, Calif.--they showed American double features Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and Mexican flicks on Tuesday and Thursday (dark on Monday).

I thought that Rodriguez and Tarantino both did a good job and "cheated" a bit in different ways--the former through his reliance on CGI, the latter by making a "girls go on a rampage movie" as a standard Tarantino flick (dialogue heavy, clean cinematography). Both were a lot of fun.

Your right, the cinematography was "too good" for the qualification of Death Proof. He must have spent a little more time on his movie that the typical 2-3 week shoot of those older movies. I am just being a film geek, so just ignore me and go see this movie.

I didn't quite make it through watching that trailer... I got mentally scarred during the trampoline scene. Just evil...

Terrance "will never look at the trampoline the same" Weaver

And to think that that trailer and in particular that scene had to be severely cut down to secure the film an R rating. I shudder to think what it will look like on the unrated dvd.

I don't really like blood and gore that much, but I enjoyed Grindhouse. The suspense in Death Proof nearly killed me, but I overall enjoyed the ridiculousness of Planet Terror more. The trailers were amazing, I laughed my ass off at the Nicholas Cage part.

Also, was the diner scene in Death Proof one shot?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*BUMP*

Just saw this for the first time last night, and damn, I was impressed.

Before the movie, I was really excited to see Tarantino's film, and not so much Rodriguez's. Once Planet Terror got started though, I knew I was in for a treat. It felt like it was over in ten minutes, since it was so fast paced. Then Death Proof started, and I was very disappointed. The film wasn't "horrible", but it wasn't the right movie to get paired with Planet Terror. PT was extremely fast-paced, and over-the-top, and that's what I was expecting from Tarantino. The Car chase was amazing, and some of the conversations was fun, but it didn't go that extra mile, and was (too) slow paced. Death Proof would have been better suited to open the flick.

Planet Terror = 8.5 / 10

Death Proof = 3 / 10

• 3 weeks later...