TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GRINDHOUSE

Milkchan

Which is the more anticipated movie?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more anticipated movie?

• Death Proof
    • Plant Terror

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grind_House_(film)

Grindhouse is a 2007 film expected to be released in the United States on April 6, 2007. In the United States, the film is presented as a double feature of two full-length segments, one being a zombie film written and directed by Robert Rodriguez, and the other being a slasher film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, with faux trailers advertising fictional films preceding each segment; in much of the rest of the world, the film will be split in two and each feature will be released separately.[2][3]

Taratino is doing Death Proof

Rodriguez is doing Plant Terror

Trailer #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6l-InqDHmA

Trailer #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9GOyle6YqA

Which is the most anticipated movie to you?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow I just got back from grindhouse. It was so stupid. What I said earlier was true.... planet terror was better than deathproof. Planet Terror was just disgusting..... half the time I couldn't look at it. Besides that it was ok. Deathproof was just stupid though. A crazy stuntman going after gossipy superstars and then some randomly go after him. If you have to go you should walk out halfway and skip seeing deathproof.

wow I just got back from grindhouse. It was so stupid. What I said earlier was true.... planet terror was better than deathproof. Planet Terror was just disgusting..... half the time I couldn't look at it. Besides that it was ok. Deathproof was just stupid though. A crazy stuntman going after gossipy superstars and then some randomly go after him. If you have to go you should walk out halfway and skip seeing deathproof.

Dude...what are you smoking? It kicked all kinds of ass! Planet Terror was great, but Death Proof was so awesome. It took a little while to get going, but seriously...wow.

Rodriguez does a good job cloning/mocking the genres, Tarantino knocked it out of the park in my opinion.

Dude...what are you smoking? It kicked all kinds of a$$! Planet Terror was great, but Death Proof was so awesome. It took a little while to get going, but seriously...wow.

Rodriguez does a good job cloning/mocking the genres, Tarantino knocked it out of the park in my opinion.

dude how can you like deathproof? I could not even find a story in it...... and halfway through tarantino gave up on the scratchy film too. They then had half a movie with a group of girls gossiping and I was just waiting for them to shut up the whole time. There was no real direction or ending and half the stuff was left off with no closure. I thought deathproof was the worst thing ever. I may have over exagerated on planet terror. It was funny although.... its not the best movie out there. I was just grossed out half the time I mean common you saw it. Anyways I still say it was stupid. The planet terror was awesome although it was a little to disgusting in some parts, but I wish I had walked out on deathproof.

^

Planet Terror has more action and a seat grabber

Death proof has better dialog and is funnier

Planet Terror was just about action and just cheesy dialog

Death proof has a lot better dialog, less action, but everything in the movie is a build up to the ending .

Dude...what are you smoking? It kicked all kinds of a$$! Planet Terror was great, but Death Proof was so awesome. It took a little while to get going, but seriously...wow.

I have to agree with Wes. Planet Terror was as good as I thought it would be, and Death Proof was even better.

PT was pretty decent..nothing like Rose Mcgowan with strap-on gun for a leg and more squid packs per capitia than any other film released in the past five years. Death Proof was the better product however, Hot chicks, cars and Snake Plisskin himself, Kurt Russell.

Wow, I just saw this last night; and a couple of other friends and I are going to see it again tonight... I was looking forward to Planet Terror like crazy, so it must have been why I liked this more. Although I AM a Tarantino fan, I just didn't enjoy Death Proof as much, it was cool though...

The trailers were the best part, we were crying we were laughing so hard, bloody awesome!

Trailers Rating: 10/10

Planet Terror: 7/10

Death Proof: 6/10

-Justin

We saw this Friday night and loved it! We thought that both movies were good in different ways. We loved the gore and humor of Planet Terror, that more or less pokes a little fun at it's source material. The crowd was howling at the missing reel part. Death Proof is more of a straight forward homage, with it's slasher & women's revenge story aspects, and that kick ass old school car chase that you know Tarantino's been itching for years to finally make.

We thought that the trailers really stole the show though. I still don't want to know what was going on during the end of Eli Roth's Thanksgiving trailer.

I still don't want to know what was going on during the end of Eli Roth's Thanksgiving trailer.

I didn't quite make it through watching that trailer... I got mentally scarred during the trampoline scene. Just evil...

Terrance "will never look at the trampoline the same" Weaver