TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Amusement Park Bans Screaming On 'The Screamer'

Dude, I'm not sadistic, let's not get carried away. What I mean is, a lot of of people, here and in Europe are wimps. You go to South America. They make young boys stick their hands in bullet ants, yes, this is no joke and hold them there for twenty minutes!! While here people are afraid to donate a little blood. And yes I think it is a good challenge not to have people make sounds on a certain ride. If they don't like it they can ride skyscraper rides elsewhere.

You are so sadistic. You do notice something, in Europe and North America, we are not accustomed to that sort of lifestyle, we were not raised that way, and what would seem like slight pain from people in third world countries is magnified here. Personally, I think you were looking at the third world countries as an excuse for getting out of your statement. They have nothing to do with someone crying out in pain. If someone is hurt, and crying, you don't look at them with dismay just because you think what happened isn't worth the tears- you help them, no matter where you are.

It's not a challenge, it's a pointless restriction. Not screaming on a ride doesn't add to the excitement, sometimes the shouts and cheers of the riders are what makes them fun, the amusement park atmosphere. If you went to an amusement park and nobody was screaming, or shouting, would you think anybody was having fun? No. All it's going to do is make the ride lose business, it's not going to accomplish anything for the park, except a few locals won't complain. The park is losing money.

It's just a bad idea overall, and the comment you made is pretty bad, no matter how you relate it to anything else.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyway...

I saw a news report on this, from none other than a News Channel. I think the idea of "No Screaming" is ridiculous, but up to a point. I think that no screaming would add to the intensity of the ride, but why would someone complain about it seeing as they moved in right next to it. It's kind of obvious when you move next to an Amusement park, that there might be some slight noises during the day. If they have such a problem with it, then they should move. I personally wouldn't mind living next to it, because of my love for thrill rides & roller coasters. If they have such a problem with it, why not yell at Scandia from there back yards, so Scandia will get mad?

Back on topic we go. I just scanned Saturday's Metro section from the Sacramento Bee for you guys to check out:

Side Note.... This ride is very intense, and a ton of fun. I gotta admit that it sticks out like a sore thumb at night, but I'm kinda partial to stuff like this. I'll post a few night shots on my way home from the Kings game tonight for anyone interested, it's pretty amazing Sacramento finally got a big thrill ride.

The placement is a bit funny for the surrounding neighborhood, but then again the homes around Scandia are in the hood & next to a major freeway. I don't see how their property value can come down much more then it already has in the last 15 years.

bee_two.thumb.jpg.2f23c7bf3cf329c00bd62c11da0a4da9.jpg

bee_one.jpg.93b7832d73642fd29d1a3e7573d61ae2.jpg

• 1 year later...

The funny thing is, I only lived a few miles from this park when I lived in California...We always pass it when I go out there to visit my mom and she told me about this "no screaming" rule last summer and I thought it was really ridiculous. If I remember correctly there was an apartment complex right NEXT DOOR (literally across the street) from this small amusement center so maybe that's what got neighbors all upset is the close proximity to the ride. But what I don't get is that these people have no problem when teenagers go play mini golf and make tons of noise, or better yet the go karts they have there, but they have a problem with a few screams...that's just really ridiculous.

It amazes me that some people will complain about the most asinine things, like screaming, just so they can get their name in the papers and garner attention for themselves. If you don't like that there is an amusement park next to you, THEN MOVE, otherwise just keep your mouth shut and deal with it.

Personally, I find people who scream constantly throughout a ride kind of annoying, but this is taking it too far.

fun killers. sure let kids have fun on the streets selling drugs in your neighborhood. its a much more quiet activity, than having honost wholesome fun. (sarcasim) People complain about eveything. Right by the Freeway. 4 people at a time max. how much more noise is that versus the freeway.

If I wanted to look into that guys yard, I would just use Google Earth. There's no need to ride a ride where you might a glimpse of it when I can just find it there and closely study it.

Only two people at a time will be over the tree tops on Screamer, they honestly can't make that much noise... they are right next to a freaking freeway, and so what if they can see into the guy's back yard? No one would even care! Besides, there are MANY paths in my neighborhood that go right up to people's backyard, and sure a few have private property signs, but no one's suing just because they can see their backyard.

-Tanks "This is like not being allowed to eat while you are in a restaurant" 4me05.

Yeah, exactly... I'm suprised no group of people have taken this back to court to demand a change....

and to the guy whose afraid of people looking in his back yard,,, you high or something? People are like a hundred feet in the air and across a high way from you, how are they supposed to even be focuses on your back yard, they probably don't even notice it.....

i bet when you were a kid you would have wanted to scream your lungs out as well....

grrrr, some people just make me so mad... lol