TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hotel Advice near SFMM

Bubba83

My friend and I are planning to go to Knott's Berry Farm first, and we got a good tip from a TPR member to stay at a hotel across the street for $60 a night that is apparently decent.

I'm looking to spend no more than $80 per night for hotel and I've started looking around Valencia/Santa Clarita and I can't seem to find anything, even the lowest end hotels are charging $100 a night.

I know you guys live there, so it might be a stretch to ask about hotels, but then again, I figure you might know something I don't.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away from the Santa Clarita Motel!!

Again stay away from the Santa Clarita Motel.

One of the worst places I have ever stayed at.

My recommendation would be spend the extra $$ for the Hilton Garden Inn at the bottom of the hill. I stayed there for West Coast Bash this year and it was very nice.

Jerry

.Tripadvisor is your freind, like google and search. However, i see your point. The only places i could find where the Santa Clarita Motel and Super 8 that were under $100, so you may want to higher your cost want.

I really can't afford $170 a night for the Hilton Garden Inn.

Should we just start looking in like San Fernando?

Edit:

Oh hey, we're also looking for good places to eat outside the park. Anything you could suggest would be very welcome! Not looking for anything too nice and expensive, just something that has good service/food/prices near SFMM. I was pretty pleased with Marie Calendar's last visit.

If you haven't booked already, I recall my rate being $80 to $90 for a room at the Best Western across the highway from SFMM. The room was really big, if a little dimly lit. Ask for an upper floor room and you get lovely vaulted ceilings!

It seemed reasonably clean, too. They have oddball electronic keys and outside corridors, if either of those things makes any difference to you.

Oh, and no continental breakfast as far as I can recall.

For some reason that Best Western is about $120 per night at this time of year, but I'm starting to think we might have to bite the bullet in Valencia and just pay it. If we stay at that Best Western, do you think we'd be able to walk to the park to avoid the $15 parking?

We haven't done the priceline name your price option because I'm just a little too scared to put all the details in their hands. For example, you are booked whatever room any hotel with a certain star rating has, and charged on the spot. It may or may not be possible after your room is booked to switch to the room options you want, like 2 queen beds and smoking or non, and if you can't get what you want, unfortunately you're stuck with it.

As for Buena Park, we're not going to stay at the Day's Inn anymore, the Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel has rooms for about the same price!

From the Best Western Valencia Inn to SFMM's front gate is about a mile. Whether you consider that walkable or not I'll leave to you. Most of the walk is uphill, if that makes a difference.

When are you going to be staying in the Valencia area?

Oh, and I assume you know about Kayak and Sidestep and similar services. I use them all the time. And no, I'm not a paid endorser.

Kevin and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right off that SFMM exit last September, and it was very nice! It looked fairly new, and we had no issues at all with our stay. At that time, it was around $100 or so. Definitely worth checking on to see if it fits into your budget.

-Julie

Kevin and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right off that SFMM exit last September, and it was very nice! It looked fairly new, and we had no issues at all with our stay. At that time, it was around $100 or so. Definitely worth checking on to see if it fits into your budget.

-Julie

Yes! The Hotel is VERY nice! They were so great! They were able to work it out to where I could stay there by myself. Great service, VERY NICE rooms. I had a microwave, a fridge, fantastic beds etc. Two Thumbs up for them.

The Best Western is a little older. Ive been in thier rooms, theyre kinda run down compared to the Holiday Inn. If you had to pick, Holiday Inn is the way to go!

-Ryan

I did check on the Holiday Inn Express, with the special "MMPRO" rate their rooms were still $140 a night, and now they are booked up and don't have any rooms but suites left, which are $160 per night.

We are going to want to check-in April 9th and check out April 11th.

But we're so happy with our accomodations for Knott's that we are thinking of staying the extra night there and trying to leave early in the morning and drive to SFMM to get there before opening. I know the drive is about an hour without traffic, but on a weekday at 8am I am sure there will be plenty of traffic. Would it be a bad idea to do this?

Also, I've never heard of Kayak and Sidestep before, I will check it out.

Looks like they are similar services to all the ones I have checked.

So far I have checked priceline, expedia, orbitz, travelocity, hotels.com, maybe I will find something on kayak or sidestep, thanks for the suggestion.

Update: I finalized our accomodations a few minutes ago, we got a $107 a night rate at the Best Western near the park. We will probably walk to save the $15 in parking.

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped with all the replies. I didn't expect so many different opinions/responses when I started this topic and I'm very happy so many people are looking to assist people with this kind of info!

Thanks Again,

Kevin

Stay away from the Santa Clarita Motel!!

Again stay away from the Santa Clarita Motel.

One of the worst places I have ever stayed at.

My recommendation would be spend the extra $$ for the Hilton Garden Inn at the bottom of the hill. I stayed there for West Coast Bash this year and it was very nice.

Jerry

.Tripadvisor is your freind, like google and search. However, i see your point. The only places i could find where the Santa Clarita Motel and Super 8 that were under $100, so you may want to higher your cost want.

W/O a dought, I stayed there back in July and it was very nice.

We just got back, our trip was great, GREAT! I only wish I had a digicam so I could have made a Photo TR. I feel like writing a TR without photos is something that probably no one would be interested in, especially at these parks which a lot of people write about. Oh well maybe I will get a digicam for graduation...

I got to ride X and Tatsu for the first time this trip, and I liked X a little better. The bottom of the pretzel loop of Tatsu is pretty awesome though, much more intense than the 1st drop.

Also, I saw this ride operator named Matt at Knott's Berry Farm, he was operating Xcelerator, and I couldn't help but think he looked very familiar, I think maybe he is a poster at this site? Does anyone know?