TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question about B&M Stand-Ups

Looking at all the videos of B&M Stand-Ups I was wondering, Do they all have hang time in the first loop? Riding Mantis alot I noticed its full of hang time. Looking at Riddlers videos I noticed it goes slow through the loop to. This may be a pointless question but I've been wondering for quite some time now. Not that it's a bad thing though.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riddler's has a good amount of hang-time during the loop and the bunny hop if you are in the first row. Just lift your legs up on the bunny hop that's over Freefall and you will feel hang-time. As for Mantis, Chang and Iron Wolf (the others I've been on) don't have much hang-time hence why Riddler's is THE BEST!

I've been on 3 stand-up coasters.

Riddler's at SFMM, Vortex at PGA, and Mantis at CP.

Riddler's is by far the best of the 3 in my opinion. I usually only see steel coaster "top 10" or "top 25" lists, and naturally stand ups don't rate very high overall in those lists.

Which makes me wonder, what is the best stand up coaster in the world based on user ratings? Is there somewhere I can go to see that? Is Riddler's the best? I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

I think you just notice it more on a stand up coaster because well, your not sitting. So you are higher off the track, so the top half of your body wants to lift up.

Or it might have something to do with the train slowing down due to the size of the train in the wind. Because I have always wondered why stand ups and floorlesses inversion get noticeably shorter. Instead of each element being almost the same height.

Mantis's loop is only slow because of the very noticible brake on the first drop. You can really feel it take away the speed as it hits, and it's probably a good thing. Not only did I really enjoy the hangtime, but the ride was very forceful with the brake, I can imagine people blacking out without it.

The other one i've ridden was Iron Wolf back in 1999, and I don't remember much about details but it I do remember the inversions being very forceful.

Riddler has the most then Mantis or Georgia Scorcher. as for Iron Wolf I don't remember any hang time forces maybe. Chang does not ether, the reason Mantis does is from the brake on the first drop, Chang is for the most part is a mirror image with one more corkscrew and a few feet taller, and it has no brake on the drop. as for the rest of the B&M stand ups I don't know i have only ridden those 5.