TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which company makes the better Flying coasters

Which coaster company makes the better flying coasters?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which coaster company makes the better flying coasters?

• B&M (Flying Coaster)
    • VEKOMA (Flying Ducthman)
    • Zamperla (Volare)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't ride my first Vekoma FC for another two months, but I'd imagine they pretty much have to be; the Zamperla's are horriby painful, and I find Ultimate Flight spends too much time zigging and zagging instead of actually simulating the feeling of flight via long straight-aways over peoples' heads.

I have only been on a Vekoma one but I have been dying to ride a B&M.

so you haven't even ridden a B&M flyer yet you voted for them? That's why these polls seem silly!

Tatsu makes this not even close since it craps all over every other flyer I've been on

I've been on one of each. Superman at SFGam, X-Flight at Geauga Lake and Tomb Raider at PCW. Superman was definately the best of the three, although if it weren't for the pretzel loop I probably wouldn't have liked that one either. I'd like to ride Tatsu since it seems to be labelled as the best of the flyers, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Somebody voted for the Zamperla death machine? You have no soul...

Anyways, B&M easily owns the Volare, although I can't say Flying Dutchmen are better since I have yet to ride one. But Superman: UF at SFOG was a fun ride while it lasted and the Pretzel Loop is obviously the best moment of the ride.

I have only been on a Vekoma one but I have been dying to ride a B&M.

so you haven't even ridden a B&M flyer yet you voted for them? That's why these polls seem silly!

Tatsu makes this not even close since it craps all over every other flyer I've been on

Yeah because of word of mouth. If I was to base it just on experiance then I would of voted Vekoma. However I would trade any Vekoma flyer for a B&M based just on what I heard and seen from the B&M flyers.

B&M's are forceless compared to the Vekomas Loop...

Tatsu's loop is NOT forceless. Not that I think that Tatsu is all that great, but that loop hits you hard!

Tatsu is the only flying coaster I've been on, but that pretzel loop completely compresses your body....It's awesome! =D

I voted for B&M. Overall they are the best flyers, but if I were voting on which coaster had the best thrill moment, it would be the Vekoma flying Dutchmans. The moment you crest the top of the lift hill and hit that half barrel roll is heart stopping. It is one thing to first experience the thrill of hanging in your restraints in the station, it is quite a different feeling to have you body weight first hit the restraints 110ft in the air.

I've been on all the SUF's and Tatsu, as well as Batwing and X-Flight. I prefer Tatsu to the dutchmen, but I like the Vekomas better than the Ultimate Flight clones. Tatsu is just my favorite ride ever, so in my case it beats out anything else period.

B&M's are forceless compared to the Vekomas Loop...

Having been on a Vekoma Flyer, I can assure you, Tatsu's Pretzel Loop is FAR more forcefull than a Vekoma's loop.

Justin "I agree with Joe, these polls are kind of pointless" Saxe.

I have to go with Vekoma. Though I haven't been on Tatsu, the B&M ones just don't really impress me much outside of the pretzel loop. They are fun and all and definitely have more "flying" time than the Vekomas, but the Vekomas are just so out of control. The Horseshoe turn is pretty intense, the transitions between laying and flying are crazy, and I love looking straight down at the ground from the top of a loop. Not to mention, the transition to flying right off the top of the lift is wild. The whole experience is just so crazy and unusual.

I sure hope the people voting Zamperla are only voting because they haven't ridden a B&M or Vekoma.

I've ridden all 3, and I'd choose B&M. Though Vekoma really isn't that far behind.

Zamperla is in a crappy category of it's own. All the Volares should go the way of Psyclone.