TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cub Scouts recreate memorable ride on Revolution at BPB

A celebration of one of the UK's most famous TV programs have recreated one of there most memorable moments ( I certainly remember this). Way back in 1980 a group of cub scouts rode Revolution at Blackpool Pleasure Beach whilst eating there lunch

Below text taken from the BBC news website

Also there is a video clip too, which is here

You will need realplayer to view the clip & check out the cool 80's hair styles !!

An iconic moment from British television has been recreated 27 years on by the same group of cub scouts.

The group, from Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts, were filmed eating their lunch on a rollercoaster for a 1980 episode of the classic BBC show Jim'll Fix It.

Images of the boys being covered in food and drink became a TV classic.

Seven of the group, in cubs' uniform, repeated the experience for UKTV Gold's revival of Jim'll Fix It. The series begins on 5 April at 9pm.

The cubs, now in their 30s, were accompanied on the 2007 trip by original pack leader Tony Miller, who is 60.

Julian Orton, now a lorry driver based in Belfast, jumped at the chance to relive the famous stunt.

He said: "For the original show, we were only 10 years old and we thought it was great. But we were kids, we didn't pay that much attention to what was going on.

"It was much funnier this time because we knew what to expect - and as an adult you can see how daft it is. We ended up covered in food."

Of all the "fix-its" made possible on the long-running TV show, the cubs' clip remains the most famous.

Mr Orton said: "I wouldn't say it turned us into celebrities, but I think everyone where we lived knew who we were."

The group were rewarded with a giant-sized Jim Fixed It For Us badge after their latest day out in Blackpool

Paul "Wish I could do that" Chapman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic