TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Spring Break on the Majesty of the Seas

So I technically got back last week but I came back to a lovely series of tests, and haven't been able to get around to posting this PTR. My girlfriend and I went on a four night cruise to the Bahamas on Royal Caribbean's lovely Majesty of the Seas. The staff were all amazingly friendly and helpful, especially Oscar, the best assistant waiter known to man. He actually noticed my girlfriend was coming down with something mid cruise and made her lemon tea with honey to help her throat. I'd highly recommend them if you're thinking of a cruise. I know everyone says that here it seems, but its true, they are a great cruise line. On with the pictures!

So being college students with a limited budget we drove from St. Louis to Miami because we couldn't find cheap tickets. This had some benefits such as lunch in DTD!

I was excited to be near Disney since that was the original spring break plan, but none of my friends got their act together.

The last time I saw this guy was when I was in 7th grade!

We somehow wound up eating at Wolfgang Pucks. Pumpkin ravioli sound strange at first...but are awesome.

It seems as if everything looks better at Disney, including the BBQ chicken pizza!

Bye DTD! Thanks for lunch

Credit! A really good one too. Didn't really expect that much airtime, but the back proved to deliver.

This game rocks! I now know why so many people love it. Aside from the arcade and the Dania Beach Hurricane we played a bit of mini golf, but I was too in the zone to take pics.

So after two days of driving and farting around in Miami at Boomer's and the Everglades, we arrived at the port.

Obligatory "I look funny in a bright orange life vest" muster drill shot

Usually my school has spring break at off times compared to others so I didn't think there would be too many spring breakers. Wrong wrong wrong wrong. At least they all look funny too.

This is the A Chorus Line Theater on board, where all the shows are held. Some good acts throughout the cruise actually.

Two am in the morning on the first night was the only time it was possible to get this shot of the fairly recently renovated pool deck.

Perhaps the best thing about cruising is that you fall asleep, and wake up in a different country. Atlantis, which we didn't happen to get to go visit.

Perhaps even better was the view from breakfast at Windjammer Cafe. Luckily the weather behaved the entire cruise.

We were going to try and sink the Carnival ship next to us, but decided we weren't that great of a shot and shouldn't risk it.

Licking the cannon may not have been the best decision in retrospect. Oh this was at Fort Fincastle by the way.

Right after Fort Fincastle on our Pirates Tour of Nassau we went to the Queen's Staircase which was chiseled out of the mountainside.

My Girlfriend and I at the Queen's Staircase.

Fort Charlotte was 5 bucks to go see, so we decided to be harassed by the really pushy souvenir salespeople by the bus instead. Bad decision.

Any likeness to Captain Jack Sparrow is completely incidental, I swear. This is from the Pirates of Nassau Museum the tour ended at. It wasn't so much of a museum as we had a guide in complete pirate character leading us around scenes like this. Kind of cool.

Nassau also happened to be formal night.

Looking overboard for any missing spring breakers.

The chefs on board must be bored a lot. Midnight Buffet on the pool deck.

Note to Jahan and Ryan: Go on a cruise during spring break! There are so many hot girls its not funny, the odds will be on your side. Also made it feel like I survived temptation island by the time we got off the ship, but if you are single and in that age group, go on a cruise!

The flare bartenders came out and did a little demo in the middle of the dance floor.

And when we got back to the stateroom, we had a towelphant waiting for us!

When we woke up we were in Coco Cay, Royal Carribbean's private little island.

The water here was amazing! And the snorkeling was better here than in Nassau strangely enough. They had a sunken boat and two sunken planes out there.

We also took the nature trail since it was so windy everything was closed.

It was there that we found the illusive Coco Cay wild cat.

We headed back to the ship for a late lunch since the BBQ on the beach didn't really have anything for my girlfriend (veggie).

They really ought to give the chefs something to do. Fruit monkeys at lunch (I think. There's really so much food it just blurs together after a while).

Tonights entertainment: Motown impressionist. This is his Stevie Wonder. Actually a really good show with a lot of audience participation including a guy from I think Paraguay who did part of "My Girl" en espanol.

See what I mean by good food? My favorite was actually strawberry soup, but it wasn't on the table long enough for a picture to be taken.

My girlfriends digging the vegetarian chili. For any vegetarians about to go on a cruise, don't worry about food, they have you covered too.

Looking at the waves, I'd saw we're going through the gulf stream.

Towelphant has a friend!

Key West!

Lots of banyan trees in Key West.

And a lot of cats.

And a lot of chickens, like this one, which is actually in a gift store somehow.

The much feared and very absorbent sponge man.

Damn you Ernest Hemmingway. Just let the old geezer catch the frigging fish!

Something exciting was going over there, I can't remember what.

Maybe it was this giant statue like thing at the art museum.

No, it was definitely the sideboob on this pirate chick.

Obligatory I've been to Key West shot.

End of the road. Or the beginning if you're an optimist.

We went kayaking here which was kind of cool. Lots of fun things to see lurking in the mangroves.

We had a menagerie of towel animals by the end.

This is Oscar the Assistant Waiter we had who was worth his weight in gold. Seriously one of the nicest guys I've met.

If you've made it this far, congrats your half done!

Kidding. Thanks for reading.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great PTR! I'll definitely have to shelve out the cash for one of these cruises one day! They look like a load of fun. And exploring those old forts are right up my alley--I love that kind of stuff!

Lol...and thanks for the shout out. I now know what I've been doing wrong this whole time.

-Jahan

Its actually not that much money if you catch the right time. I think the cruise cost us somewhere around $300 save for excursions. Granted we had an indoor stateroom, but why hang out in the room the entire day if you're on a cruise?

I really enjoyed your Photo TR! I really need to take a cruise, whether its on the Royal or Disney. I just want to go somewhere new! They look like way too much fun. I might have to starve myself for a week before hand so I can really enjoy all the feasting that happens.

You mentioned Strawberry Soup. If it is anything like the one these serve at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian (served at the Character Breakfast and Dinner) then I know its amazing! Its one of the only reasons I eat at the restaurant. Well, and the fun of the characters. I LOVE STRAWBERRY SOUP. It never lasts long enough on my table to get a picture either. Haha.

Great TR!