TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: LegoLand CA

That is the hotel I am staying at when I go to Vegas in July. Anyone ever stayed there?

While I have not actually stayed at the Excaliber (because I heard the rooms were on the small side), I can tell you that it is in an excellent location. There is a free monorail that connects Excaliber, Luxor, and Mandalay Bay. Across the street, at the MGM, is the main monorail that runs from the MGM to the Sahara, stopping at various locations along the way. Just in case you don't have a car, or don't want to battle the traffic on the Strip. Be warned, there is still lots of walking involved.

Las Vegas Monorail Prices:Single Ride ticket: $5.00

Two Ride Passes: $9.00 Ten Ride Ticket: $35.00

Unlimited day pass: $15.00

Excaliber used to have a little show in front of it, when the rage in Vegas was having some type of show/attraction in front of your hotel. This one involved Merlin battling a fire breathing dragon. It was pretty lame, but really funny the more you drank.

Have fun.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really good, i wonder how many people it took to make it look exactly like Las Vegas? Also rccrazy if you look at it you will be able to see X-Scream hanging over the edge of the tower but I don't know about Insanity I wasn't really paying too much attention to the detail of the stratosphere.

I've never stayed at that hotel, but I've been in it.. it was fun because i was.. lets see 7? but over all any room that is at an older hotel is going to smell like a smoking room AND have burn holes in linens haha so have fun with that. They have a cool show in the front of the hotel, and to tell you the truth it really won't matter where you stay because you will rarely be there anyways so enjoy!

-Allison" I live right next to Legoland and never go"Alvarez

Uh. Stay away from the Excalibur. If you're not paying for the room (which I think that's your case) and or you have to go cheap on the rooms, then it's suitable. Just watch out for the hoardes of kids. My least satisfactory hotel experiences in Vegas tend to be at the hotels clustered towards that area (MGM Grand --- oh my God the horrors; Excalibur; New York New York; Luxor, and Tropicana).

It's also on the mid-southern end of the strip where the Resorts sitting in that area are more outdated than a little farther up north where those hotels are more upscale and hip.

My recommendation is to stay in the area by Wynn, The Venetian, Bellagio, Treasure Island, Paris, and The Mirage. But your pockets and wallet better be real fat.