TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens West/ Adventure Island Update #8 4/26

Busch Gardens has decided to take their themepark business to the west coast of the USA! The park is in Southern Calafornia, and is themed losely off of the continent of Australia. Even though the park theming is inspired by Aus., the parks *premier* coaster is named Velocita, Italian for Speed. Heres the pics from todays trip to the park!!

Velocita's first drop, packing a punch! Past vertical!11!

After the drop the coaster takes a 180 turn then flies under a building/structure.

The train quickly changes bankings to 90 degrees through a canyon.

Emerging from the canyon riders are thrown into an extreme airtime hill!

After the airtime hill the horseshoe element!

Exiting the horseshoe.

Second half of the coaster will be featured in the next update...

Buffalo Wild Wings!

Inside the wonderful grill & bar!

Backside/porch area. La Fiesta the parks giant wheel in the skyline behind...

Guests rushing in from the parking lots.

The entrance gates,

Guest Services!!

More soon.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of anything wittier than what I posted at C101, so I'm going to re-post that here :

1) There's 3 LSM Launched coasters: Mavvie (CP), Superman: TE (SFMM), and Tower of Terror (Dreamworld (I believe)).

2) The Mavvie "inspired " coaster looks amazing, is the second half cloned? Even if it is, I'm sure it'll look great as well!

3) Mmmm, Buffalo Wild Wings looks great!

4) I don't see the people "rushing" into the park, looks more like the kind of speed you see contestants in a "Walker Race" going!

Great job, I just wanted to make this post different Can't wait to see more, I'm loving Velocita and Buffalo Wild Wings!

"Go Grandma, you can beat her! She's 96!!!"

If you need any quick custom scenery pieces made for this park, I'd be happy to oblige. Not that I have have the most free time...and I'm heading over to the East Coast next week (and I'd better get to go to SFA or SFGAdv).

Anyway, that coaster is brilliant, but an Italian name, no matter how cool it might sound, does not fit in Australia. How's about Tasmanian Tiger for a name? And maybe a Kangaroo ride (drop tower, or kiddie coaster). Then what about a water coaster themed to crocodiles?

Update #3

First of all, thanks for the great replies everyone, and I'm glad you enjoy the park!

News:

Well, Busch Gardens West's park owner has decided to re-name Velocita because he is now sticking with the Aussie theme. Velocita is now named Mulgani! The name is way more to the theme, and is of coarse Austrailian. The park name has been rumored to change, but nothing has been confirmed.....Also rumors have been heard about a rapids ride dedicated to the late Steve Irwin. (R.I.P)

Update Information:

This update will feature the new coaster which is a B&M Hyper. It's name is Gymea. Which is a spin off of the english word giant. The coaster stands 170ft. tall and features 10 drops and a couple twists and turns, and a crazy turnaround!

Station.

Climbing the lift.

Taking the 170ft first drop.

First of ten hills.

Second, the twist in the hill pops some airtime that continues all the way through the remainder of the hill.

Airtime hill before the turnaround/overbank.

Exiting the turnaround.

S-bend.

Turnover.

Wiiiii!

Finale.

Airtime filled!

One last bunny hill.

Transfer track.

More tomarrow......

The only thing I dont like about the new ride is how it dives into the station. I would've added a break run before. Other that it looks amazing. Great theming! Howd you do the transfer track?

There is a break run. It just has a roof on it but its right there with the transfer track.

Howd you do the transfer track?

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\[your Windows username]\Application Data\Atari\RCT3\Options.txt

Write:

AttractionSceneryAllowTerrainIntersect 1

AttractionSceneryAllowSceneryIntersect 1

TrackAllowSameTrackIntersect 1

This will turn off collision detection.

Howd you do the transfer track?

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\[your Windows username]\Application Data\Atari\RCT3\Options.txt

Write:

AttractionSceneryAllowTerrainIntersect 1

AttractionSceneryAllowSceneryIntersect 1

TrackAllowSameTrackIntersect 1

This will turn off collision detection.

OMG thank's for telling us that! I so wanted to know!

~Matthew

OMFG I HATE VISTA. Does anyone know how to do this in Windows Vista? Because all of that ^ did not work

Update #4

News:

Rumors, rumors, and some more rumors!!! Well, there are so many rumors about next year. We've heard people talking about a zoo across the street, a waterpark, and a new wooden coaster for the park! The Steve Irwin ride if happening is said to be in the zoo. Who knows what the park has in store for the next year's season!

Update Features:

This update will feature the new family coaster (wild mouse) named Kangaroo Jack. Also a new staff house has been built. this is one of three. Gymea and Mulgani have gotten signs, and something interesting was spotted on Gymea's track!

......Pictures!

The staff house...staff goes here on breaks and relxes in the private building, or sits out on the deck.

Hmmmmm, never seen this queue before...

It leads to this station which seems to hold a new coaster!

A wild mouse coaster named Kangaroo Jack!!

Looks fun.

Airtime maybe?

More airtime????

Ok, now that bunny hill has to have a nice pop of airtime..

Mulgani's sign looks great!

Gymea's small sign in front of it's entrance plaza.

The main sign.

Hmmm, workers have given the transfer track a new paint job which seems to be dark purple....could this be a sign of the whole ride being re-painted????

More soon............rumors will be answered!

Great so far. but:

It does not look like it is themed to Australia. First off, there is water in your park. We do not have water. Second, there are to many tropical trees. Come to think of it, none of it looks like Australia, more like, FIJI.