TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marathon riding?

I was hoping there was a search feature here in case the topic has been covered already.

Um, so how many of you rode a coaster more than, say, 10 times in the course of 1 day at the park? and which coaster?

A few weeks after opening my best friend and I rode Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa a total of 20 times in one day. And each time we'd exit the ride like good guests and re-enter the queue from the beginning. I'm sure the ride ops got sick of seeing us after awhile....

Fun times. 8)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day, before Dorney became a Cedar Fair park, and we had season passes, we did about 20 runs on Thunderhawk without even stopping in the station. There were about 50 people in the park, and we knew the ride ops (went to school with them) and since no one ended up in the queues, they just let it run through and keep going.

It, honestly, got kinda boring by the end.

They don't do stuff like that anymore.. but it was neat. I could also see that happening at Knoebel's.. but I don't know if they actually do it or not.

Maeryk

I did the Steel Phantom (Now defunct) about 10 times in one visit. None in a row, I am not that much of a glutton for punishment! That was in 2000.

Katie

I did Nemesis Inferno 21 times in a day with my friend Rob, not bad considering the normal queue was 70 mins (huzzah signle rider).

Done Megafobia a good number of times in a day aswell, the park was totally dead, maybe thirty times - all I remember is zipping by the lake many, many times - yey!

My best friend and I rode the "Racer" at Kings Island 17 times without having to get off one night and they even ran it once more for us while the fireworks where going off! Also, one night while feeling particularly random the ride ops let my entire family stay in a "Disaster Transport" car for 10 rides since it was the end of the night and obviously no one else was in line!

when i went to thorpe park last year i managed to get 103 rides on nemesis inferno in a single day. I even got an anoucement on the ride lol.

this year i have managed to do nemesis at alton towers 99 times in a day, and on booster bike at toverland i managed 77.

As you can see i like my repeat rides lol

I rode Drachen Fire's station once earlier this year. Once was enough! It was scary!

Not much of an opportunity for marathoning for me.

Maybe Thunderhead 20 something times in a row in the rain and Top Gun : TJC maybe 20 or so... oddly enough, also in the rain. :?

At Buffalo Bills in PRIMM, NV we used to get to just stay on the Desperado for many rides over and over, i once got 30 rides on it one day, could have done way more but since it was SOOOOO busy.....waiting for at least 10 people made it a boring wait. But they did the same thing at the Turbo Drop and log ride, they just let us stay on and keep riding, I loved riding that S&S Turbo Drop but i still love my Big Shot.

I won a contest in 1999 at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB). I got to ride the giant dipper with 18 other people 75 times for it's 75 anniversary. 13 of us finished then me and another guy tried to out do each other I ended up with 86 times round that day. To bad they closed at 5pm. Thats the most on any single coaster then probally arond 30 times Tidal wave at Great America.

DWskunks

• 1 year later...

I did 30 hours on the Great Amercan Scream Machine in 2003. I seem to think it was 367 laps for that 30 hours or 238 miles.

I also did 30 hours on the Screamin' Eagle this past July. I think my lap total was close to 380 or so. I lost count due to the few hours that I was taken a nap on the ride.